Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

A very interesting graphic!
worldcupflowchartfinal-watermark.png

That is hilarious Kyle.

Last edited:
I'm really down now. It looks like you can tell what the England team will be in the first game. Boring, boring boring... No ambition, no excitement or pace.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Seeing reports that Ribery has been ruled out of the World Cup by France due to his back injury. Pretty big blow for that squad.

I think Ribery out is a blow to the event. I don't like him much but he is pretty special as a player IMHO. France will def miss him.

Crap Marco Reus just rolled his ankle. It looked like a high ankle sprain so not good at all. But with how ridiculously strong their ankles are if they roll it it's bad news.
We do not need this with all our injuries already....

1. Who will win the World Cup Germany
2. Who do you want to win it, and why?America, duhhhh. But England, because the nation deserves it.
3. Which player will win the golden boot (top scorer) Fernando Torres? I kid. It'll probably be Edin Dzeko because I'm not biased or anything
4. Who will be the biggest disappointment of the tournament? England, because they always are. Or Italy. Whoever doesn't advance from that group.
5. Which nation will be the dark horse of the tournament? Is Belgium a dark horse? Okay Bosnia.

Crap Marco Reus just rolled his ankle. It looked like a high ankle sprain so not good at all. But with how ridiculously strong their ankles are if they roll it it's bad news.
We do not need this with all our injuries already....

Top, up, top player. Very disappointed if he's not there...

Watching Mexico v Portugal I am seeing a Portuguese defense that is not quite in sync. They have some big guys on the back end, but seem to be consistently beaten with speed and don't hold their defensive angles well. A little hope for USA & no doubt will be a tough match, but I am seeing a defense that can be had and maybe give up a couple of goals.

What a goal by Portugal in the 92nd minute.

What a goal by Portugal in the 92nd minute.

Amazing header there. Mexico is going into the WC losing two & no momentum. Could be a quick trip to Brazil for them.

Amazing header there. Mexico is going into the WC losing two & no momentum. Could be a quick trip to Brazil for them.

Italy go in with without a win in the last 7. I'm hoping the same is true for them LOL

Top, up, top player. Very disappointed if he's not there...

Reus is out. Partly ruptured tendon. Mustafi, a defender, has been nominated to replace him.
This is baaad for us!

Reus is out. Partly ruptured tendon. Mustafi, a defender, has been nominated to replace him.
This is baaad for us!
But even without him, it's still a very strong squad. I wish I could say the same about England...

We are so close to this World Cup. I can't wait for play to start on Thursday. What is even better is I will be able to watch so many of these matches.

We are so close to this World Cup. I can't wait for play to start on Thursday. What is even better is I will be able to watch so many of these matches.

I know...a game at 6 PM most days, soccer smorgasbord on the weekends, only have to take one half day vacation to watch the three US games.

My wife still gives me hell for getting up in the middle of the night for games in 2002.

I know...a game at 6 PM most days, soccer smorgasbord on the weekends, only have to take one half day vacation to watch the three US games.

My wife still gives me hell for getting up in the middle of the night for games in 2002.

Haha that's true dedication!

I hear ya about the schedule works out pretty nicely for us in the USA. I found a pretty great WC app, it definitely isn't an official one but works very well.

Schedule for Thursday and Friday

ymemene7.jpg

How great is Spain-Netherlands on day 2?

I just realized that I switched into a work shift that is the same time as the USA-Germany match. I am so stupid.

Got my Dutch orange ready to go.

Back