Product Spotlight – The Ground Force Trainer

They look like similar concepts to me Ward.

I'm going to look out about a month and check myself and maybe try to make it a little more intense - without risking injury of course. I can feel the movement getting easier already after 10 days or so. How it translates into my actual swing remains to be seen, but my belief this year is that if I really concentrate on strengthening those parts of my body, I'll have a much easier time controlling the fault - rather than just thinking about it consciously so much.
Hey Hawk, just found this thread and was wondering if you had any updated info regarding the use of this trainer ...

You can get a similar "rotating" board on Amazon for $33.96...Everlast Twister.

The idea is really good...I just don't think it is worth $120.

What I do is focus on having my legs stable while swinging the Orange Whip, which helps on the backswing and downswing.

Clark

Thst looks gard but interesting, I would almost want to use a knee brace st first though.

You can get a similar "rotating" board on Amazon for $33.96...Everlast Twister.

The idea is really good...I just don't think it is worth $120. Clark
I don't think it's worth $120 either but the Everlast Twister doesn't give you a reference point like the square disks of the Ground Force Trainer.

"Prior to the square disk usage, a round disk was used. This was non-specific in regards to movement of the disk. The square front side gives immediate feedback to the loss of proper muscular and power position of the trail (right side for right handed golfers)when any movement from front parallel is seen.

Seeing any movement from parallel front boards, gives the golfer specific guidance for correction. This creates proper muscular development and motor learning for strength and coil."

Bump this next week and I'll make an update. Out of town this weekend. Thanks!

Ok, sorry for the delay. I was busy with real life yesterday and forgot about this.

Regarding price/value, I've definitely shared my thoughts there. It's not cheap and would probably be more accessible at a lower price point. Value is a personal thing though, so I can only give observations and let people make up their own minds there.

My coil has definitley improved this year. At the start of the year I was swaying terribly with all clubs. Really had been for a good 12 months or more. Getting outside my right foot and it started a pretty troublesome chain reaction that led to inconsistency and weak shots. Muscle training, lessons, tons of practice, and just learning the feel of the correct way to turn and coil (with the help of this product) has really improved that issue for me. I still have a tendency to want to sway out with the driver/fairway wood (though not nearly as bad as in the past), but that's seen improvement as well and seems to get better every day. Irons I'm actually almost sway free believe it or not. I truly never thought I'd see that day.

As for driving distance, yes it's improved by a pretty large margin. I'm not putting up huge numbers, but was about 10-15 yards short on well struck shots compared to a THP'r that used to really just blow the ball by me. It's given me a pretty different outlook on the game and let me play some longer courses than I felt comfortable with in the past. I would say that this product was definitely part of that. I have put in a ton of work and made some other changes as well, but video shows my turn is night/day compared to just 4 months ago.

I'm still interested in something like that. I might need to take a chance on it.

Great write up there. Not sure I want somwthing like this buts its a great read and I can see where it would provide benefit

Back