ChiBogey

Reaction score
Handicap
I don't know what it is with my luck but this is the second time I've been hit with a golf ball in 2 years. Last year my buddy shanked a bunker shot right into my shin bone. That bruise lasted for 2 weeks. Today, I was standing left of the car path about 20 yards from the tee box on a par three. My other buddy pulls a 5 iron that never leaves 3 ft off the ground and nails me on my thigh. The ball then ricochets off me and lands right into my cart. The result....

usadavyn.jpg

You would think I would've learned my lesson from last year by making sure to stand behind every shot but I had just topped a ball and wasn't thinking straight. Next hole I was so mad I drove it straight down the middle 290. Maybe I should play angry from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should start wearing pads.

I think I would stay well behind your buddies from now on. lol
Glad you are not seriously injured.

Thats brutal. I got smoked with a Z Star a few years ago off a thinned Mashie FW would shot. However, I was lucky enough to consult Dr. Dolphin after the incident.

I lived.

Haha ouch, I almost killed a guy when I was 11. The group behind me was heckling me to hit with a group ahead on the fairway, anyhoo I thought they were far enough away and I drilled it farther than I ever had on that hole and missed an older guys head by maybe a foot. He wasn't too happy.

Pads are a good idea.

Scary part is that if I didn't try to get out of the way, the ball was headed right at my family jewels.

Never been hit by a golf ball. Been crunched in the gentlemans by a tennis ball and lots by squash balls etc. I was standing about 6 feet from a guy a while back who got hit on the head from a drive by Ernie Els. He was ok but very messy... Ouch..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If you're a magnet, can I employ you to stand near the pin wherever I golf?

Kidding. Hope you're ok!

Big ouch. Great bounce back on the next hole. Hope all is well.

At least your incidents were from within your own group. I was playing this past weekend and a gentleman in my foursome was on the tee preparing to hit, focused on his ball when he was hit in the head by a golf ball. No one yelled fore. Nothing. The guys immediately behind us all pointed down to their balls on the ground in front of them, so it (most likely) didn't come from them, but no one came over to claim the ball and no idea where the shot came from.

Do people have too much pride or embarassment to yell fore anymore? Or is it just possible someone hit one of those shots from a fairway over and had no idea where they hit it or where it was headed?

I've never seen anything like that before. Scary to think you can be focused on your shot and get nailed from seemingly nowhere.

Ouch is right! I see one of these in your future:

511TY8FkbYL.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is rough, dude. I've been hit before, it's never good.

Ouch... That looks quite painful

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

I think you just need new playing partners haha

Plenty like that in softball, but never golf. Good thing it hit the meaty part of your leg, looks like it could have done some bone damage

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

You just need to add a Police Riot Shield to your on course accessories.

I usually don't play with this guy much but he owns a membership and I get to play for free. I'm not sure playing for free is worth the green fees anymore.

Back