Odyssey US OPEN headcovers on sale

5 of each style for sale, sold out in a second probably lol.

I heard they only did 5 for the Masters and caught a bunch of heat for it, and did more for IOD. Figured there would have been more than 5 based just on the responses here.

I thought so too Greg, and I think down the line they might start making more of each. I hope so anyway

Nice! The Wright Flyer, invented, designed, & built in Dayton, Ohio. North Carolina has some great sand though...

#ohiotopia

They look sick, but $99 is way outside of my price range for a head-cover.

Those look awesome, but $100 for a head cover isn't in my budget.

I tend to agree. I love the looks of them. But I can't do a Benjamin on them.

Can I send them a "best offer" instead?

:Alien

Pondering this one. Really don't want to drop $100 on a head cover. But Pinehurst has a lot of meaning for me.

Hoping these sell out before I hit the web page.

Yup it stung when my No 3 Jacks went missing post practice round for the king. To make matters worse, it was the first time I gamed it.

Now I game a retail Odyssey "swirl" headcover.

Also, true story -- my Versa makes more putts when the Versa cover is on it.

I heard they only did 5 for the Masters and caught a bunch of heat for it, and did more for IOD. Figured there would have been more than 5 based just on the responses here.
The link posted said 5 of each style. To me putting 5 of each is a waste of time and just a way to piss off customers. Just give them away via a twitter contest or FB, etc and get more exposure.

The link posted said 5 of each style. To me putting 5 of each is a waste of time and just a way to piss off customers. Just give them away via a twitter contest or FB, etc and get more exposure.

There's a little bit more to it than just that, but I understand why you find people would be upset about so few being sold.

The people who enjoy collecting them like the "exclusivity" of the covers IMO. If I am paying what I paid for it, I wouldn't want them releasing tons of them

The people who enjoy collecting them like the "exclusivity" of the covers IMO. If I am paying what I paid for it, I wouldn't want them releasing tons of them

$100 is nothing for a putter cover, look at the prices paid for Scotty's. My only point was don't release 5 of each for $100 when so much more could have been gained by having contests, etc via social media for them.

$100 is nothing for a putter cover, look at the prices paid for Scotty's. My only point was don't release 5 of each for $100 when so much more could have been gained by having contests, etc via social media for them.

Can you quantify that? I mean they tend to give away a ton of stuff via social media. I am not sure I see what you are saying? Some of us really enjoy collecting these things, I wouldn't want to see them go via contests.

Have to admit, I'm a little glad it is such a limited release for these.

I typically wouldn't drop $100 for a head cover, but I really was thinking about this one.

Omg so expensive.

Love the covers and for $50 I might consider but $100 is too rich for my blood.

I don't understand all the complaining? Are these any more expensive than a Cameron headcover? They only release 5 because I think they worry people won't pay. I happen to enjoy collecting them and quoting the great Jman I could have a lot worse vices

If I used an odyssey putter, and I was playing at Pinehurst, I wouldn't hesitate

They look great but $100 for a putter cover DAM!!! Bit to expensive for my tastes, but I do know where some also great covers are for sale for a lot cheaper but still quality :alien:

I wouldn't pay 100 for this or scotty or any other headcover. But that's just me and I have no issue with anyone that does.

I don't understand all the complaining? Are these any more expensive than a Cameron headcover? They only release 5 because I think they worry people won't pay. I happen to enjoy collecting them and quoting the great Jman I could have a lot worse vices
I don't think anyone is being over the top, just some people value them more than others from a price standpoint. No big either way.

Yup it stung when my No 3 Jacks went missing post practice round for the king. To make matters worse, it was the first time I gamed it.

Now I game a retail Odyssey "swirl" headcover.

Oh man that had to be a killer. I'm a big loser of towels as well.

Guess I need to get on the THP store as soon as the next batch is for sale.

No way I'd pay $100 for one of those.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Those are sweet, but just so hard for me to swallow that much for a cover. Stoked some of you guys got in on getting them.

I'm not complaining about the price, I just think if it was me working for the company I would release them a different way is all. Putting 10 covers up for sale vs having some contests creates more exposure for the company and maybe pick up some more customers. The 10 people who bought the covers were going to buy them anyways whether it was 5 of each style or 100 of each style @$100 each. I had no intention of purchasing one as I don't own a odyssey putter, just noticed they only released 5 of each style and commented.

Almost feels like I wandered into a Scotty thread. :)

I'm not complaining about the price, I just think if it was me working for the company I would release them a different way is all. Putting 10 covers up for sale vs having some contests creates more exposure for the company and maybe pick up some more customers. The 10 people who bought the covers were going to buy them anyways whether it was 5 of each style or 100 of each style @$100 each. I had no intention of purchasing one as I don't own a odyssey putter, just noticed they only released 5 of each style and commented.

Almost feels like I wandered into a Scotty thread. :)

I have no issue with what people decide to do with their money, just curious behind the reasoning. FWIW if they released 100 of them at $100 bucks I am not sure I would have bought one

Back