THP West Coast Event - Coming?

Let me pose a couple of questions to those on the west coast in this thread.

1. Do you plan on trying to sign up for #TheGrandaddy this year?
If not, why not?

2. If you were around and did not try to sign up for the Vegas event last year, if you dont mind sharing the reason?

Working on a couple of things and these answers will assist.

1. Without a doubt, I will be trying again. I tried last year and will definitely try again this year. We need the Nor Cal Crew represented! :D

2. I did go to Vegas. I was actually sitting at my computer, waiting for the clock to tick to the sign-up time, so I could send that PM to GG. I'd go back to Vegas in a heart beat, just as I'd be down for any west coast event that THP can throw together. I just don't have the time/financial resources to attend events that would require me to fly at this point in my life. Otherwise, you'd see me at a lot more of them.

If not, why not?

No, because I have zero vacation time left to play with this year after #TheKing and my plans to visit family around the holidays (I live 3000 miles away from my family, so this is very important).

2. If you were around and did not try to sign up for the Vegas event last year, if you dont mind sharing the reason?

It fell right at the time I was moving from Salt Lake City to Bellingham, WA. It killed me to miss it, it truly did.

Answers above. I'd like to add that even though I am advocating the PNW as an event location, I will seriously be trying to get into this bad boy wherever it is in the West!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

If not, why not?

1) that is a hell yes, I will be trying to get into the #Granddaddy any way possible

2) I wasn't really active at that time (ashamed to admit it) so really no comment from this guy.

If there is any event on the west coast and I can make it, I will be trying to get into it in the future. I am stoked to be going to PGA National courtesy of Bridgestone/THP and am trying to see if I could finagle my way into the Wilson Staff Personal Distance event and stay married...

If not, why not?

Answer -
1. Absolutely.
2. I was not a member last year.

And, for the record, I will do all that I can to attend a WC event.

If not, why not?

1 - I will give it a shot if im aloud to? No problem if its only US based.

2 - Would have loved to but as you know its not worth it for me (hope that doesn't sound mean but the logistics wouldn't work), but a multiple day event is more fitting for me.

I am guessing that there would be people that would think that I would never come from over here for an event, but to tell you the truth if I can make one work and time and finances allow im would love to attend. This site has given me so much and I just want to give back hopefully.

If not, why not?

1. Come hell or high water, I will be doing my very best to be a part of the Grandaddy!
2. I was not able to attend Vegas as I was starting the process of purchasing my business. Add that to trying to pay for my fiance's engagement ring, the budget was tight.

If not, why not?

Yup! I think I'll have enough vacation time saved up. If I don't, probably more to do with the state of my game and my body.

2. If you were around and did not try to sign up for the Vegas event last year, if you dont mind sharing the reason?.

That Vegas event was so much fun. I played like crap and still had a blast both days. I don't know what was the west coast turn out but it seemed pretty high.

If not, why not?

-I have a conflicting annual event in Prescott, AZ that I have been going to for years and uncertainty of being able to qualify.

2. If you were around and did not try to sign up for the Vegas event last year, if you dont mind sharing the

1. I have a conflicting annual event in Prescott, AZ that I have been going to for years and uncertainty of being able to qualify.

2. Had a conflicting family event.

1. I would love to play in the granddaddy

2. In all honesty , I was low on funds for a part of the year,

I would love to see this at a central/nor cal location

If not, why not?

1. Yes.
2. I was committed to a close friend's wedding on that particular weekend.

We're working on putting a late-July meet-up in Monterey. I know that the Nor Cal Crew is fired up about it and hopefully we'll be able to entice a few of the So Cal guys to make the trip as well. If nothing else, it might be a good indicator of how many California members we've got that are willing to jump in their car and drive a few hours to play with other THPers. Our Nor Cal group is growing every time we get together. I haven't seen CMac13 in here yet and a few of the Nor Cal regulars haven't popped into the thread. Could just be that guys are busy with work/family or whatever and haven't been on a ton. I've been kind of skimming the last couple of weeks as I've been buried, so I apologize for not getting into the thread earlier (I did comment in the first thread, though). Anyway, I know that we need strong local membership, but just know that there is a solid core of us here who are really working toward it and it would be a dream come true for us to have an event in California, NV, AZ, etc.

One other area that we haven't talked about is Auburn (just east of Sacramento). There are great courses there (Darkhorse, Winchester, etc.) and it's not too far from SAC. Just another idea...

Nor cal is a perfect spot to because it's an hour &1/2 from everything

If not, why not?

1. This year, I will try. I didn't last year as I felt my game wasn't good enough for an event of that magnitude.

2. I attended the Vegas event and by far, it was one of the best decision I made last year.

If not, why not?

1. Yep.... tried, just didn't succeed.... will try again this year; as well as try to get into other events.
2. As I recall, I joined THP after last year's Vegas participants were in place and not much time before it actually took place. I recall being logged on the week it took place.

If not, why not?

1. I would love too. However, my recovery from a ruptured Achilles Tendon is going slower then I had hoped it would. I guess when they say 9 months to a year, they mean it. I'm going to get better and be ready to sign-up next year. Save me a spot ;)

2. I wasn't around. With that said, it would be a great excuse to go to Las Vegas. Sin City is an annual vacation for the wife and I.

THP West Coast Event - Coming?

One other area that we haven't talked about is Auburn (just east of Sacramento). There are great courses there (Darkhorse, Winchester, etc.) and it's not too far from SAC. Just another idea...

The Ridge is another good one
Winchester is a great one but they sprayed the wrong stuff on there greens and killed them in April so it could take a while to get back into shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winchester is a great one but they sprayed the wrong stuff on there greens and killed them in April so it could take a while to get back into shape

Yikes! I hadn't heard that.

If not, why not?

1) Ummm...is the Pope Catholic? Heck yes I'll be trying!

2) Wasn't around for sign ups

Nor Cal would probably be pretty viable for me, since I have family in Redding. Could loop a visit in I would think.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

If not, why not?

I won't be trying to sign up for the granddaddy as my vacation time for 2014 was already spoken for before I became active on THP. I wasn't around when vegas happened but if I had of been I would have 100% been there.

To answer the initial topic, I would love having a THP event out west. I saw Bandon Dunes mentioned (would love to play there) but there is a lot of great golf up here in Washington as well.

To answer the initial topic, I would love having a THP event out west. I saw Bandon Dunes mentioned (would love to play there) but there is a lot of great golf up here in Washington as well.

If an event were held out west but instead California or Arizona would you still be interested and a plan on attending? The same goes for those in California if an event we're in the Pacific Northwest would it still be something you plan on attending?

If an event were held out west but instead California or Arizona would you still be interested and a plan on attending? The same goes for those in California if an event we're in the Pacific Northwest would it still be something you plan on attending?

The only factor that would affect me personally aside from scheduling would be airport access. If I can fly in and not have a 3 hour drive after, that would go a long way.

The only factor that would affect me personally aside from scheduling would be airport access. If I can fly in and not have a 3 hour drive after, that would go a long way.
a 3 hour drive for a thp event is not bad at all...I'd kill to have one that close this year.

Back