Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

Lol I just noticed that too. Go figure

Yep. As soon as I saw your post I went to check it out as I have been pondering them for a couple of weeks. Put a set in cart, no discount, so read the fine print...

I bet you get lots of sideways looks at the course. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. What kept you from ordering 8-aw speedblades.

Oh, it will be an interesting bag for sure. The Speedblade short irons I struggled with distance control. I actually have the Speedblade 8 iron but didn't get the 9-AW. They are great irons for me on full swings and love them in my long irons but for short irons, if I wanted to take a little off or hit a little knockdown I had a tough time getting a feel with them.

Oh, it will be an interesting bag for sure. The Speedblade short irons I struggled with distance control. I actually have the Speedblade 8 iron but didn't get the 9-AW. They are great irons for me on full swings and love them in my long irons but for short irons, if I wanted to take a little off or hit a little knockdown I had a tough time getting a feel with them.

Makes sense, can't wait to see how it works out for you

Dean, I don't say this lightly, but best irons out there. Period IMO.

I will second that. My playing partners in the member guest this weekend all said this was the best they had ever seen me it irons for 3 days.
They just breed confidence, for me the KBS v are a perfect match

I need to unsubscribe from this. You guys are killing me.

swing your swing

Hit two large buckets today with these while the boys napped, to get more acclimated and get some semblance of specific, consistent yardage with each club. Easily the most fun I have had at the range since dialing in Big Bertha. These sticks are just awesome. A pure strike makes me laugh with glee! I am still shocked at how forgiving these forged "players look" irons are compared to my old JPXs.

To be honest, the 5i is shockingly becoming one of my favorite clubs to hit. Off the tee, tight lie, or in some fluff...its just an amazing club with that tungsten insert. The ball just leaps off the face with a high, penetrating flight. I love it. Pondering adding the 4i and kicking out my hybrid....say what?!?

The other thing I (and my playing buddies) have noticed, is that my iron flights are slight baby draws much of the time. Now sure how, since with the JPX it was a slight fade. My swing is still the same? Confused by this...pleasantly confused.

I'm thinking that after Father's Day Callaway might be inclined to include Apex in some discounts but I'm not sure I can wait!

I've been looking into these irons for a while. Just not sure right now if it's Apex or Apex Pro for me. Looks like I have some homework to do

How about come hit my pros...

22% off at Callawaypreowned and YES it does include Apex!

One of the worst/best websites out there. Lots of great equipment and seem to always be running promotions.

To be honest, the 5i is shockingly becoming one of my favorite clubs to hit....... Pondering adding the 4i and kicking out my hybrid....say what?!?.

I am loving the 4 iron so much, I have a 3 iron on the way. Never thought I would bag a 4 iron, let alone a 3. But I've been swinging my coach's 3, same shaft and specs as my set. It's just so freakin fun to see a nice tight draw come off that club!

Tapa tapa tapa

Pondering some of these big time/ Thoughts on the stock shaft for those that have them? What else do they play like?

Pondering some of these big time/ Thoughts on the stock shaft for those that have them? What else do they play like?

I'm playing the stock XP-95 in stiff. My iron SS is 77-78 (so I should probably be in a regular flex). But the ball flight, distance and most importantly (to me), feel, convinced my fitter and I that I should play the stiff.

Besides the Apex and the XP-95's, I have only ever played Cally's Uniflex (X-22's), Dynalite 95 (Cobra AMP's), TT Lite XL and Apollo Stepless (Maltby and Wishon component heads). And there is no comparison. My selection is limited, but the trajectory (high, which I like) and ball flight shape (tight draw) is the best I've ever had.

I HIGHLY recommend these irons. I have never swung anything like them. I have a permagrin on my face when I hit balls with them. :D

Tapa tapa tapa

I'm playing the stock shafts, but I really can't compare them to anything else. I have always been fitted into and played heavier shafts. I have enjoyed them, and found I get the best results when I keep my tempo smooth.

Everyday I play leading up to the MC I think about the Apex irons and get more excited for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Everyday I play leading up to the MC I think about the Apex irons and get more excited for them.

Andy+Apex=Amex...wait...it means $$$$$. Can't wait to see how you wield these things in MB. Those greens are going to be dead in your sights.

Andy+Apex=Amex...wait...it means $$$$$. Can't wait to see how you wield these things in MB. Those greens are going to be dead in your sights.
yea dude its gonna be awesome!

I reeeeeeaaaalllllyyyyy want to try these with a Recoil 110 or 125 shaft.

I hit these with CTL's in S higher and longer than I did the XP95's. It be cray cray.

And I love it.

I reeeeeeaaaalllllyyyyy want to try these with a Recoil 110 or 125 shaft.

Once I sell my current irons, I am buying a set with Recoil 110 shafts. Already hit them and felt great

I hit these with CTL's in S higher and longer than I did the XP95's. It be cray cray.

And I love it.

how would you compare the feel of the shaft and flight between the CTL's and XP95 in the APEX ???

how would you compare the feel of the shaft and flight between the CTL's and XP95 in the APEX ???

It's really all about fit, the CTLs I've been fit to so they work with my swing and transition better. Totally different beasts shaft wise from the 95's though.

My set arrived yesterday. I have a range session planned for this weekend and a round later next week. Super excited to see for these. I'm coming from ping i15 irons I was fit into a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back