THP Golf Leagues & Weekly Events Thread

Well done. Lakes of Taylor is one of my all time favorites from back in the day.

I play at Fieldstone which is a great course also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are playing Best Ball from the forward tees tomorrow night. Lots of the long knockers will be swinging for the fences. Hopefully my partner will have a lot of eagle putt attempts.

We are playing Best Ball from the forward tees tomorrow night. Lots of the long knockers will be swinging for the fences. Hopefully my partner will have a lot of eagle putt attempts.

Luis had a slow start and we were 1 over after 6. I tore up (for me) the first six holes. He started hitting the ball great when we went to the first hole and put on a clinic off the tee on 1,2 and 3 but neither one of us made the putts. Finished 2 over 37, and I shot 4 over 39 with my ball.

Luis had a slow start and we were 1 over after 6. I tore up (for me) the first six holes. He started hitting the ball great when we went to the first hole and put on a clinic off the tee on 1,2 and 3 but neither one of us made the putts. Finished 2 over 37, and I shot 4 over 39 with my ball.

39 is some good shooting!!!

39 is some good shooting!!!

It was from the reds. Was hoping for a 38. Probably would have shot better if I wasn't putting aggressively at the end since my partner was already in with a score.

100% chance of rain, tornado warning, weather alerts all over the place, and the jack holes who run my league haven't canceled yet. Let's use some common sense here people.

We got tennis ball sized hail near us.

Won a closest to the pin on a 200 yard par 3.

A 3/4 3 wood to 9'6" picked up a dozen Bridgestone 330 RX's !! Which just happens to be my new ball.

Also the game is shaking the winter rust.

Played in my league tonight. Shot 1 over par 37. Had 1 double 1 bogey 5 pars and 2 birdies. Ended up winning a point for total score between my partner and I and got half a point for pushing against my opponent. He's a 4 handicap in the league and I'm a 5 (bad first round of the year) so I got one shot and didn't end up using it because I beat him naturally on the hole. The thing I'm most proud of tho as I was 1 down going into the final two holes. Hit a decent drive with the 5 wood off the tee, just off the fairway on the right side. Chunked a wedge shot about 30 yards, but got up and down for par. He ended up missing a 8 foot birdie putt that would have closed out the match. Final hole I was down 1 with the honors. Smoked a 3 hybrid off the tee leaving myself a 76 yard shot (to the pin) I ended up hitting the same wedge I just chunked on the previous hole to 4 feet and buried the birdie putt to push the match and grab half a point. I can't tell you how freaking good it felt to birdie the final hole of a match to push and not give up a full point!

Played in my league tonight. Shot 1 over par 37. Had 1 double 1 bogey 5 bars and 2 birdies. Ended up winning a point for total score between my partner and I and got half a point for pushing against my opponent. He's a 4 handicap in the league and I'm a 5 (bad first round of the year) so I got one shot and didn't end up using it because I beat him naturally on the hole. The thing I'm most proud of tho as I was 1 down going into the final two holes. Hit a decent drive with the 5 wood off the tee, just off the fairway on the right side. Chunked a wedge shot about 30 yards, but got up and down for par. He ended up missing a 8 foot birdie putt that would have closed out the match. Final hole I was down 1 with the honors. Smoked a 3 hybrid off the tee leaving myself a 76 yard shot (to the pin) I ended up hitting the same wedge I just chunked on the previous hole to 4 feet and buried the birdie putt to push the match and grab half a point. I can't tell you how freaking good it felt to birdie the final hole of a match to push and not give up a full point!

Awesome man, congrats on your round! Way to come in clutch

It's Alternate Night tomorrow. Sixsomes all over the course!

Awesome man, congrats on your round! Way to come in clutch

Thanks bud! It felt really really good! Also lets me know I can perform under pressure.

Played in my league tonight. Shot 1 over par 37. Had 1 double 1 bogey 5 pars and 2 birdies. Ended up winning a point for total score between my partner and I and got half a point for pushing against my opponent. He's a 4 handicap in the league and I'm a 5 (bad first round of the year) so I got one shot and didn't end up using it because I beat him naturally on the hole. The thing I'm most proud of tho as I was 1 down going into the final two holes. Hit a decent drive with the 5 wood off the tee, just off the fairway on the right side. Chunked a wedge shot about 30 yards, but got up and down for par. He ended up missing a 8 foot birdie putt that would have closed out the match. Final hole I was down 1 with the honors. Smoked a 3 hybrid off the tee leaving myself a 76 yard shot (to the pin) I ended up hitting the same wedge I just chunked on the previous hole to 4 feet and buried the birdie putt to push the match and grab half a point. I can't tell you how freaking good it felt to birdie the final hole of a match to push and not give up a full point!

if you keep yourself and your head in the hole, well, "positive things happen to positive thinkers" and you will come through in the clutch more times than not !

if you keep yourself and your head in the hole, well, "positive things happen to positive thinkers" and you will come through in the clutch more times than not !

Thanks pop!

So didn't have the best showing in league last night. My driver was all over the place and I payed the penalty for not sticking to my FW off the tee plan for tight holes... We managed to halve it though. Highlight of the day was on the par 3 #7. 186 yards to a hole that always plays a club short for me. Hit a solid 6I to 2.5' for a tap in birdie and a CTP for the day.

Shot 34 in a 3 man scramble on alternate night. Had a bogey early and birdied two of our last 3 holes. I drained two nice putts on 16 and 17 (our 6th and 7th holes) of about 15 feet for par on 16 and 40 feet for birdie on 17. Other than that I played ok, nothing fancy.

Shot 37 in a two man scramble. One birdie, three bogeys. Not good.

It is a 48 team league with four flights and we look to be in the middle of the B flight when flights are done (after nine weeks, we have gone five so far).

We had our first interclub match this week, four matches, 3 points a piece up for grabs and somehow we tie. I couldn't believe it. Well we hope to space ourselves the next time.

We had our first interclub match this week, four matches, 3 points a piece up for grabs and somehow we tie. I couldn't believe it. Well we hope to space ourselves the next time.
How did u play?

How did u play?

Pretty good. It was an interesting format with different strokes and handicaps on the singles matches compared to the team match. Honestly it wasn't as competitive as I wanted. More of a casual round keeping score. I can't wait for the next one at an away course. I'd like to see how I compete on a course I haven't played before or more often.

I shot a 42 and got my butt kicked tonight. The guy I was playing shot a 43 and I was giving him 5 strokes. I haven't won many points lately, I keep running in to hot golfers.

Played 3 holes at even par tonight and was absolutely burying my opponent. I was 2 up in match play and he bogeyed and double bogeyed 2 of the 3 holes so he was screwing his team for total strokes. Then the siren came and we got rained out and he couldn't get off the course fast enough! lol! We were playing straight up as we are both 4's in the league, but it was frustrating after starting well and I was rolling the flat stick really well. Had 2 birdie putts just burn the edge for tap in pars and made a really nice about 10 footer for a par save.

It's Alternate Night tomorrow. 48 teams of three guys each means a bunch of sixsomes all over the course. Assuming it's a scramble.

Some of the short game work is starting to pay off. It's three consecutive weeks I have chipped/pitched in from off the green (after literally years without even one)!
58* ATV from 20 yards; 8 iron from the just off the green from 45 feet; 58* from 10 yards.

Now if only I could get my approach shots closer...

Shot 33 in a two man, one woman 9 hole scramble in our Men's League. It was Alternate night and our alternate couldn't make it, so Jacqui played! From the whites!

Back