Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

Just got home but saw the Neymar goal and that was a pretty great little strike.

Lord... What an awful call against Croatia.

Flopping in the NBA is funny to me... This flopping makes soccer almost unwatchable.

So much flopping, are we sure the Italians are not playing?

Bad call but I think the ref was in a horrible position and should have just let it go. They have to get in the correct spot to make the best call they can.

Croatian keeper really makes me appreciate the skill of Tim Howard...dude is bad

Croatia got jobbed so hard. Officiating in fifa is so bad.

Wow! Did Brazil just dodge a bullet or what! 2 of the softest goals you'll probably see conceded at this World Cup, especially Oscar's 15 yard toe poke! What the hell was the keeper doing???? As for the penalty. Wasn't even close!! Shocking decision from the ref! You won't see him again!
Tough to be critical with Brazil in their opening game, but defensively, they look poor and the keeper doesn't look capable at all. 5/10 for Brazil from me!

Brazil got 3 points and that's all they wanted out of this game. Get the dog and pony show over with and get to the games. Yeah it wasn't pretty not even close but they took care of business.

I don't like wishing injury, but if he can't go vs the USA I'm ok with it :)

I don't like wishing injury, but if he can't go vs the USA I'm ok with it :)

I read something yeasterday were they said he was 99.99% and ready to go I knew they were trying to hide something

I read something yeasterday were they said he was 99.99% and ready to go I knew they were trying to hide something

From what I read this isn't a sprain. His knee is not good and he can blow it out if he cuts the wrong way. That field in Manaus is not looking good and IMO Portugal is playing with fire putting him out there. He is their best player & will probably shoot it up so he can play, but it's a dangerous proposition.

From what I read this isn't a sprain. His knee is not good and he can blow it out if he cuts the wrong way. That field in Manaus is not looking good and IMO Portugal is playing with fire putting him out there. He is their best player & will probably shoot it up so he can play, but it's a dangerous proposition.

I hope they don't try to push him to hard bad for the sport when a star goes down

BREAKING: FIFA Tells U.S. To Be Ready If Qatar Gets Stripped Of 2022 World Cup

Given how dysfunctional FIFA is I am not sure how much I am going to put into this development. I am one that would be ecstatic to have the World Cup in the US but not sure how real this is now.

Given how dysfunctional FIFA is I am not sure how much I am going to put into this development. I am one that would be ecstatic to have the World Cup in the US but not sure how real this is now.
based on the bribes & the fact that its 111 degrees in Qatar this time of the year, they could be looking for any reason to take it from them

Hold on they were seriously set to have it in Qatar in the first place?

World Cup opens in a fitting fashion with a dive and a poor call. Almost felt like watching a NHL game.

Back