Serola Sacroiliac Belt Review Thread

These issues that are coming up are something that I was a bit worried would happen.

It stems from the premise that "back pain" is all the same, and unfortunately it isn't. This belt, as it is described in detail by the company, is to help with back pain that is associated from muscle instability with the muscles surrounding the SI joint. I have a feeling it won't have much of an affect on back pain (sciatica) that is due to nerve compression or joint fixation (hence why when the belt compresses the SI joint, it increases the pain/symptoms)

By no means am I bashing the company or anything, they have clearly stated what the belt is designed to help. Talking with your doctor/PT/chiropractor about the causes of your low back pain should definitely be a must before purchasing the belt, as with any other treatment/etc.

Agreed. Although, I believe it would be helpful for a majority of lower back issues but not ones involving pressure on the nerves. The company website has a self test described to see if you are a good candidate for the belt.

I have not been diagnosed with sciatica specifically but the right side upper buttocks is exactly where my trigger point is. I am going to have to call the back surgeon I spoke with and get some more answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before I was diagnosed, I would also get debilitating pain from just above my waist to the middle of my right buttock. Now I try to stretch it out daily and avoid clothes that fit too tight at the waist / hips. That has helped immensely. I will still have some mild to moderate pain off and on but not the debilitating pain that laid me out and the stretches with no pain seem to be longer. I loved how the belt helped the pain in my lower back I attribute to "Dunlop" disease.

These issues that are coming up are something that I was a bit worried would happen.

It stems from the premise that "back pain" is all the same, and unfortunately it isn't. This belt, as it is described in detail by the company, is to help with back pain that is associated from muscle instability with the muscles surrounding the SI joint. I have a feeling it won't have much of an affect on back pain (sciatica) that is due to nerve compression or joint fixation (hence why when the belt compresses the SI joint, it increases the pain/symptoms)

By no means am I bashing the company or anything, they have clearly stated what the belt is designed to help. Talking with your doctor/PT/chiropractor about the causes of your low back pain should definitely be a must before purchasing the belt, as with any other treatment/etc.

I appreciate the bolded. This company has a well designed product that will help those with the condition it is designed to relieve. I haven't necessarily noticed pain relief (my low back pain right now is on the low end right now(5/10 as opposed to 7)) but I have noticed support in a terribly weak area of my body however. I am glad this is a long term test because I do have good days and bad days so I want it there for both so I can report.

I spoke with GG and the belt is unfortunately not a good match for the type of back injury that I have. When I put it on properly it is pressing directly on the nerve/nerves associated with my herniated disk. As soon a I take the belt off the numbness and pain subsides.

The belt I have is a size large. The first person to message me with there address will have it shipped to them in the next few days to take over testing responsibilities. I hope whoever gets it will have better results.

It seems like such a great product and I am genuinely happy for everyone that it is helping . I REALLY wanted this to work for me since I am hoping to avoid injections and surgery.

Bump to see if we have anyone else interested.

This thing is pretty awesome off the course as well. I have had it on all day. No issues at all. Been sitting, standing, driving, walking.

I am telling anyone I know who has lower back pain to check out the website.

Bump to see if we have anyone else interested.

No offers yet? PM has been sent inquring. This year teaching SPED has been killer on my lower back, and I'd love to test this guy out.

Not that I am aware of. AG will take care of you.

Yep, looks like this one will be headed to NJ for testing. Looking forward to it!

Yep, looks like this one will be headed to NJ for testing. Looking forward to it!

You're going to love this thing Nate! I will be getting a second one next week!

You're going to love this thing Nate! I will be getting a second one next week!

With the awkward positions I have to stay in when I'm helping my SPED kids, I cannot wait!

I am going to stay subscribed incase any questions pop up on my experience so fire away!

GG (or anyone): Have you washed yours yet? I decided after the third day of almost constant use, it was probably getting close to time! I am soaking it in hot, soapy water as per the instructions. They don't day how long though, so I am going to leave it for about 20 minutes. Then I will rinse it in cold to make sure I get all of the soap out, then rinse in hot before I put it on the line downstairs. Hopefully it will be dry tomorrow morning!

I am wearing golfing on Saturday so I will wash then.

I think I may have to buy one of these.
my hips are always needing adjusted. Hmm. Good reviews guys.

I think I may have to buy one of these.
my hips are always needing adjusted. Hmm. Good reviews guys.

Hoping for a coupon code soon!

Thanks Smalls, I may have to wait for that.

So Smallville mentioned that this helped his hip action on the course and stability. Not that it applies to me but would this be allowed by the USGA in competition?

I am wearing mine during my round this afternoon, going to see how it works out. I'll have a longer write-up over the last couple of days tonight.

I have not washed mine yet, but I am wearing it outside of my clothes and only indoors, so it doesn't really get dirty or sweaty or anything.

So Smallville mentioned that this helped his hip action on the course and stability. Not that it applies to me but would this be allowed by the USGA in competition?

Sorry for several posts in a row, but I just spoke with the company and these are USGA legal during competition. Here's the rule:

[h=3]14-3. Artificial Devices, Unusual Equipment And Unusual Use Of Equipment[/h]The USGA reserves the right, at any time, to change the Rules relating to artificial devices, unusual equipment and the unusual use of equipment, and to make or change the interpretations relating to these Rules.
A player in doubt as to whether use of an item would constitute a breach of Rule 14-3 should consult the USGA.
A manufacturer should submit to the USGA a sample of an item to be manufactured for a ruling as to whether its use during a stipulated roundwould cause a player to be in breach of Rule 14-3. The sample becomes the property of the USGA for reference purposes. If a manufacturer fails to submit a sample or, having submitted a sample, fails to await a ruling before manufacturing and/or marketing the item, the manufacturer assumes the risk of a ruling that use of the item would be contrary to the Rules.
Except as provided in the Rules, during a stipulated round the player must not use any artificial device or unusual equipment (see Appendix IV for detailed specifications and interpretations), or use any equipment in an unusual manner:
a. That might assist him in making a stroke or in his play; or
b. For the purpose of gauging or measuring distance or conditions that might affect his play; or
c. That might assist him in gripping the club, except that:
· (i) gloves may be worn provided that they are plain gloves;
· (ii) resin, powder and drying or moisturizing agents may be used; and
· (iii) a towel or handkerchief may be wrapped around the grip.
[h=3]Exceptions:[/h]1. A player is not in breach of this Rule if (a) the equipment or device is designed for or has the effect of alleviating a medical condition, (b) the player has a legitimate medical reason to use the equipment or device, and (c) theCommittee is satisfied that its use does not give the player any undue advantage over other players.
2. A player is not in breach of this Rule if he uses equipment in a traditionally accepted manner.

Got my belt last night. Slept in it last night but didn't tighten the side straps until this morning.

About to hop off the flight but early thoughts are positive. I have it on pretty tight and was not uncomfortable during flight.

Typically after sitting upright for over an hour without standing I would be squirming to adjust and stretch out a bit but not feeling the need to now.

My plan is to wear it all day including while playing, stay tuned for more!

FWIW: I don't have the nerve issues that some testers did. I had a microdiscectomy around 8 years ago to remove some bone that was rubbing against a nerve in the L5/S1 area.

My issues now are lower back pain (tail bone area) sometimes turning into spasms where it looks like I have scoliosis.

Back