What part of your game prevents you from shooting your best right now?

Wicked Cool Bearded Man

4thegolf+4thefriends
Reaction score
Handicap
6.3 GHIN
Yesterday I had a really frustrating day on the course. Off the tee I was awesome. Short game and putting, on point. Irons- atrocious as were greens in reg. Obviously, I now know where my weakness is right now. What is yours and what do you plan to do about it?

Depends on the day, but usually tee shots or second shots. Neither seem to want to come to play on the same day.

Putting right now. Can not get handle on my speed and second guessing reads. Might go to more Sneds approach "see it and hit it"

For me, it's off the tee. I'm killing myself with penalties.

Depends on the day, but usually tee shots or second shots. Neither seem to want to come to play on the same day.

So frustrating dude. I was 2 doubles on the shortest freaking holes on the course yesterday from shooting 77. Not one but TWO doubles on par threes that measure 145 or less.

Irons, and there isnt a close 2nd right now

So frustrating dude. I was 2 doubles on the shortest freaking holes on the course yesterday from shooting 77. Not one but TWO doubles on par threes that measure 145 or less.

My brain defeats itself on holes like that. Never will understand it.

Not to hard when you start kicking balls around the green from bunker to bunkers then three putt.

The thing is - at my home course - these two holes NEVER get me. I haven't had a ball striking day like that in a long time off the tee. It was truly point and shoot. Then I would miss the green with my second hahaha, make a great chip and sink the putt.

Right now it's either my tee shot or my second shot, depends on the hole. Swing just doesn't feel comfortable right now.

Tee shots. In particular, tee shots with the driver.

Right now it's either my tee shot or my second shot, depends on the hole. Swing just doesn't feel comfortable right now.

I loathe that feeling. When it feels bad, you immediately go to the range. When it's uncomfortable, (at least me) I try to "fix it" on the course. Which is never a good thing.

Have you changed tee clubs?

I have gone to 3w or hybrid a lot more on par 4s shorter than about 380 and on most 3 shot par 5s. I have thought about looking around at new drivers, but 95% of it is a swing/timing issue.

I loathe that feeling. When it feels bad, you immediately go to the range. When it's uncomfortable, (at least me) I try to "fix it" on the course. Which is never a good thing.
Yeah it's not a good feeling, and makes you not sure where each shot is gonna go. Surprisingly though, my last time or two out my 100 yard and in game has felt fantastic.

From day to day its usually my iron play. Just can't seem to hit enough greens when the rest of my game is firing on all cylinders.
Lately it has been my tee game. I'm not getting penalties but my miss is a weak knuckling hook that leaves me 200+ into the green on par 4's.

Tee shots for me. I'm usually pretty controlled with my iron swing, but with the longer clubs my tempo gets all out of whack and I try to use my arms too much instead of swinging from the ground up. It's so frustrating right now, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing off of the tee at times.

Usually it's my tee game, driver/3wd although driver is coming around

2nd is I'm a mental midget when it comes to making the proper swing

Tee shots for me. I'm usually pretty controlled with my iron swing, but with the longer clubs my tempo gets all out of whack and I try to use my arms too much instead of swinging from the ground up. It's so frustrating right now, I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing off of the tee at times.

I hear that dude. I've never feared my irons like I do right now.

Yesterday I had a really frustrating day on the course. Off the tee I was awesome. Short game and putting, on point. Irons- atrocious as were greens in reg. Obviously, I now know where my weakness is right now. What is yours and what do you plan to do about it?

This sounds a lot like most of my rounds this year. My 2nd shot or approach has been awful. My ball-striking needs work. My GIR is under 20% this year and that is with the driver working. That pretty much sums it up.

Yeah it's not a good feeling, and makes you not sure where each shot is gonna go. Surprisingly though, my last time or two out my 100 yard and in game has felt fantastic.

Good to hear. It'll come around

This sounds a lot like most of my rounds this year. My 2nd shot or approach has been awful. My ball-striking needs work. My GIR is under 20% this year and that is with the driver working. That pretty much sums it up.

Glad I'm not alone :)

Yep, this. I'm not very good off the tee, and even when I am decent and hit FIR, I'm short. I can't really go to my woods and hybrids because I top them, so I'm constantly playing short. Got a lot of practice to fit in and lessons to take before I can reach my goals.

For me right now it's my driver. Just can't get comfortable with my swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back