2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

I think someone tried to do that to Sned right off the bat and he proceeded to have a bit of trouble.
I don't think this tournament is anywhere near done with the shuffling. With all these crazy bushes, lies
and bunker type things, scores can turn in a heartbeat.... This tourney is truly a marathon....

Interesting I'm just not a big fan of handing people a trophy after 26 holes

man they are making everything on the greens so far

Greens seem nice and soft to me...not what I was expecting. Did it rain?

Also, I just love seeing GMac near the top. Such a cool dude.

Rain or not this golf course can take that lead back on one or two holes. I have had the pleasure to walk this golf course a few times (never playing a round) and also putt on some of the greens. This course is no joke. I also think the usga will pull the scores back a bit this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played it numerous times and honestly the only defense this course had against the pros was the rough. I can't see it firming up enough for the USGA to so anything to make it harder. More rain coming today.

Greens seem nice and soft to me...not what I was expecting. Did it rain?

Also, I just love seeing GMac near the top. Such a cool dude.

Yes. Over 1/2 inch of rain overnight. More expected today or tonight.

I've played it numerous times and honestly the only defense this course had against the pros was the rough. I can't see it firming up enough for the USGA to so anything to make it harder. More rain coming today.

True, The only thing they can do is put the pin in some really crazy spots.

True, The only thing they can do is put the pin in some really crazy spots.

Yeah. But even that may not be enough. With greens this soft they'll just fire for the safe spots and take their chance with the putter.

I may be proven wrong. I'm a big fan of the way the USGA sets up and runs the Open, I just think they may be limited this week. Much like Congressional 3 years ago.

Strange, the same was said about Sneds at 10m yesterday

And Dr Gil Morgan out at Pebble.....'92.

In 1992, Morgan had a big lead heading into the weekend at the U.S. Open. At nine under, he was five shots clear of Raymond Floyd and Wayne Grady. In the third round, he reached 10 under at the third hole, the first player in U.S. Open history to do so, and made it to 12 under, with a seven-shot lead, by No. 7. Then the wheels fell off. He made three doubles and three bogeys from there to shoot 77, and he finished with an 81 on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/morgan-shares-lessons-his-1992-us-open-collapse#ixzz34Wl9hqVB

Kaymer is just "en fuego"!!

Kaymer is rolling everything in

Nice putt by Kaymer. Rolling along.

2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Maybe they can make a ruling to make Kaymer play left handed on the back nine. Might even the odds a bit. Ha

Last edited:
Yeah. But even that may not be enough. With greens this soft they'll just fire for the safe spots and take their chance with the putter.

I may be proven wrong. I'm a big fan of the way the USGA sets up and runs the Open, I just think they may be limited this week. Much like Congressional 3 years ago.

I agree, but there are some spots they could put the pins that could be borderline unplayable, I hope they don't go there just to protect par.

those greens could be made more difficult, move a hole a few feet, roll them an extra time...they have options

Holy Kaymer! Grimaced and is 15 feet and pin high.

those greens could be made more difficult, move a hole a few feet, roll them an extra time...they have options

True. And they will firm up some this afternoon. The sun is out earlier than it was yesterday. But I still don't think it will alter scoring that much. Just MHO

I am begging for these greens to firm up for the weekend.

Kaymer is playing great, but there is a lot of golf left. On this course you can drop 3-4 strokes in no time.

I didn't expect anyone to put up numbers like this. Still early, but impressive.

He's playing a totally different game. He'll be forcing others to take risks that will likely put them further back. Did anyone see him on the practice range this morning? I expect a run on laniards and tennis balls.

I can't say I even thought of Kaymer, before doing the ESPN majors thing, he does seem to be trending in the right direction!

US Open isnt this easy unless your name is Tiger, Rory or ........... Martin

Back