Changing Headcover from Velcro to Magnets?

salisboss

RIP Jake 8/17/01-9/21/14
Reaction score
Handicap
I feel like the headcover that came with my new SeeMore has the loudest velcro ever. Has anyone ever changed a velcro cover to magnetic and how did you do it? I tried a craft project this week and it didn't take. I know I could just buy a magnetic cover but I like my orange cover.

Changing Headcover from Velcro to Magnets?

I have not. But what I have done is put black duct tape over half the Velcro on both sides towards the inside of the cover. It does 3 things. It quiets the Velcro, makes it easier to take off and also stops scratches to my putter from taking it on and off. Even tho I halved the Velcro strips it has never fallen off.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I have not done it, though to be honest if I was going to ... I'd buy a strong magnet and metal jewlery blanks from a hobby store and take them to a local seamstress and tell her exactly what I want. I bet the project would run less than $15 and it'd look a heck of a lot better than I ever could get it to be. She could stitch a pocket for the magnets/blanks, close it all up and have it look as good as new. Me? It'd be a mangled mess.

I have done this with a Scotty head cover. I bought some self adhesive velcro strips, and some black felt. I then sandwiched some "rare earth" magnets between the felt and velcro. Using the velcro to attach them to the cover, no more awful noise.

It seems like there was a thread on this once before, a search might turn up some good answers.

Just did a search and I cannot find it, maybe someone else will have some luck.

Back