2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

The rain is distorting everything. The restored course would be playing brutally hard even without the rough if it was dry. This reminds me of the year Rory shot -16. The course is hard, the rain makes it easier and one person is playing out of his mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stupid boring Mr Roboto. He better not ruin my Sunday plans.

That's it check Kaymer for dopeing. He's on PED's. :alien:

The rain is distorting everything. The restored course would be playing brutally hard even without the rough if it was dry. This reminds me of the year Rory shot -16. The course is hard, the rain makes it easier and one person is playing out of his mind.

The course is actually playing somewhat difficult for everyone not named Martin Kaymer.

Besides Kaymer going off, it looks like everyone else is struggling with the course, only 13/156 guys under par so far, even with the restorations and rain.

Circumstances?
Just had shots that were pretty close to each other, and must not have markings on their balls or something. Hunter hit the other guys' first, then he hit Hunter's. They didn't realize it till they got up by the green, and had to walk back to drop and hit again.

I wonder if they have fewer mid-tourney options than usual for making the course play harder because the ladies will be here next week.

Completely agree... All week people said if they had rain it would make it significantly easier

I wonder if they have fewer mid-tourney options than usual for making the course play harder because the ladies will be here next week.

I don't know if they do or don't. But I will say this. I don't think the USGA would "protect" the women in order to not toughen up the course for the weekend if they can.

I think they're number one priority will be to bring the scores back up, without regard as to how it might or might not effect next week.

The women's tourney will have no bearing on how they can set up the course for the men. I would expect tees all the way back tomorrow.

Stupid boring Mr Roboto. He better not ruin my Sunday plans.

We still have Phil in the afternoon. In Rocky we thought the Russian was unbeatable & we saw that "he can bleed! He's not a machine"

Completely agree... All week people said if they had rain it would make it significantly easier

Except it is only "significantly" easier for one golfer right now. This course isn't that easy right now.

Kaymer is running away from the field. Boring golf but what it's going to take. FW -> Green all day long.

As far as my fantasy team is concerned all plus numbers for my morning guys.

2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Of course a lot of golf left as the afternoon guys still have to go off.

But I'd like to see DJ pick up at least one more birdie to get to -4.

Then see if Phil or McDowell can put up a good number to keep within a reasonable shot.

Last edited:
DJ with a 6 iron on a 246 yard par 3!! Are you serious?

Of course a lot of golf left as the afternoon guide still have to go off.

But I'd like to see DJ pick up at least one more birdie to get to -4.

Then see if Phil or McDowell can put up a good number to keep within a reasonable shot.

Phil needs a 65 this afternoon to make things interesting this weekend. Someone has to at least put a little pressure on Kaymer this weekend.

Kaymer has a ridiculous lead.

Club question. Is Kaymer playing the TM CB's or MC's?

Thanks. That's what I thought. Of course the way he's playing he could be playing old blades from 1950 and still be leading. Ha

Oh DJ ?? Damn it!,

Back