Green speed, what kind of speeds do you prefer?

For the people voting for "smooth and consistent greens", is there anyone that actually prefers bumpy inconsistent greens?

I've played some fairly pricey courses and have never seen green speed posted. Oh, and I like faster.

Only the really pricey courses do it. Fairly isn't going to cut it Mr.

I'm a fan of around 10 on the stimp, personally. I've played on some SLOW greens, and some REALLY fast greens....as long as they roll true, then I'm good. It's just that for easy of my stroke with the putter, I like the faster greens.

Im a fan of 9 -11.. but in the end I just want them to be in good condition.

I would rather putt on fast greens, but they need to roll smooth too.

10-11 is probably the perfect speed, it allows you to get the ball on line and let it track towards the hole

I prefer medium-fast. I play the breaks best on fast greens but I have difficulty with long putts on them. Slow greens mess me up too. I can't seem to find the right lag on either.

I've played some fairly pricey courses and have never seen green speed posted. Oh, and I like faster.

I've seen it at some resort courses as well as a couple mid-range courses that give the air of a private club even though they are public.

I prefer greens to be on the faster side . 10-11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer medium fast greens but only if they were built with that speed in mind. I hate when you go to a course with greens from the 1920's but they have them running 11 when they were built with 8 in mind. Crazy slopes with crazy speed is not a good combo.

I don't know about stimp ratings, but I tend to like them on the fast side. Not lightning fast, but fast. Mostly because if I have to hit a downhill putt hard, I lose all sense of speed.

I'm guessing around 9-10 as well. We had a round down in SoCal (Orange County) at a place called Black Gold a few years ago and the greens must have been running at 14+ it was ridiculous. Every 1 footer could be an 8 footer coming back. Meh, pass.

I have no idea what stimp the greens I've putted on were running, but as long as they're consistent I can usually adjust if they're a little quicker or slower than I'm use to.

I personally love faster greens. I feel it's easier to start the ball on line and keep it on line when they are faster. My course run about 8-9 which is a little slower than I prefer.

10-11 is best for me. Very difficult to find fast greens near 11 in California.

10-11 is best for me. Very difficult to find fast greens near 11 in California.

If you haven't been there yet Stevinson Ranch by Turlock will get 12+ every summer it seems once the place is completely baked out and windy. The greens are very fair but can bite you for sure.

I like 10-11, but I don't hate slower as long as they aren't bumpy and stay consistent, as many others have said.

9-9.5 for me.

I've played anywhere from 6 up to over 12. :)

Back