2014 US Open Contest & Thread - Awesome Prizes

Oh man, I want him to break Rorys record from congressional. Then Kaymer will be talked about being the next Tiger :D

Just crazy how well Kaymer is playing. Everyone else is actually playing decent, but he is just on another level right now.

Watch the course dry out, get super hard, and have the women's winner win at +6 or +7.

A quick glimpse of mortality, let's see how he handles this bunker.

He'll probably hole out this bunker shot to go to -11. ^^^ nice to see a fellow Monarch!!

Hope someone, anyone, puts up a decent number this afternoon. Not going to stay excited about this if Kaymer goes unchallenged.

This tournament isn't over. I think that someone in the afternoon wave will shot -4 or -5 on the day and be anywhere from 2-4 shots behind Kaymer going into the weekend.

Took a quick cat nap. Wake up and see Kaymer still in total control of his game.

You could tell by watching Kaymer yesterday and early in the round today that he was in total control of his game.

Whats even more humbling to show it is more of just Kaymer playing great is the fact that the next 14 players on the leaderboard are a collective -17

Im just glad I picked Kaymer in the US Open contest! :alien2:

This tournament isn't over. I think that someone in the afternoon wave will shot -4 or -5 on the day and be anywhere from 2-4 shots behind Kaymer going into the weekend.

I'm with you. I don't think its out of the realm of possibility to see at least one other person throw up a 65 in the afternoon. The greens may firm up a bit but the proof is in Kaymer, the course can be got if you try to get it.

never in my life would I do such a thing (watch world cup over golf)

Agreed. I'd watch the junior club championship before I'd watch any soccer. I know I know that makes me an uninformed ugly American.

Hope someone, anyone, puts up a decent number this afternoon. Not going to stay excited about this if Kaymer goes unchallenged.

I'll be watching regardless. It's the effing US Open, and it's at Pinehurst.

I don't need anything more, except maybe some Shandy.

Excellent point.

If this was Tiger or Phil, nobody including myself would say if was boring. Nothing against Kaymer but he isn't a guy we usually get excited about watching.

That said you so have to appreciate how phenomenal he's playing.

What Kaymer did on the backnine after the rain delay, fourth round The Players, is on my mind, though. Shows that he's capable of gagging as much as anyone. Hopefully he learned from that experience. I think the afternoon group will have a rain delay possibly, making for a long day for them tomorrow......so Kaymer playing early today would seem to me to be good thing for him.

What Kaymer did on the backnine after the rain delay, fourth round The Players, is on my mind, though. Shows that he's capable of gagging as much as anyone. Hopefully he learned from that experience. I think the afternoon group will have a rain delay possibly, making for a long day for them tomorrow......so Kaymer playing early today would seem to me to be good thing for him.

Agreed about the possibilities. I guess we could hope that by playing late tomorrow, he'll be playing a tougher course than he's seen today. That said if he hits it like he is today it may not matter much.

Anyone hear the announcer say many of the great golfers have a little 'over the top' in their swing? That gives me hope :p Now, if only I can get to 'a little over the top'.

I would rather watch woman's curling over the World Cup.

same here

linn-githmark-02.jpg

Only one other person is at least. 3 under for the round. That's the number 1 player in the world. I'm not sold on seeing a 65 this afternoon. While Kaymer is making it look easy, I don't see many going out and lighting it up at this point.

Of course he stuffs it. Did we expect anything else. Ha

Back