Hopkins Golf Irons Review Thread

Hmmmm would like to know the reasoning behind this and how the shaft performs for you, as well as the ball flight you see with a hefty hefty shaft

Guessing it just matches the CG/launch conditions the best. My assumption is these are traditionally lofted. S400 is a unique choice I suppose, but we're talking just a few grams difference over S300's.

My experience with the MP54/S300 was that ball flight was just fine (actually had abnormally high launch that we believe was related to weighting in the head), though they wouldn't be my first choice.

I like the looks of them. A bit to demanding to hit for me but nice lines to them.

Looks like a nice set, I like the look of the 5 at address. As my longest iron, that's usually where my research starts, if it looks big enough for me to hit, that's always a good start!

I've never played any Hopkins products, but I really like the look of these.

Very interesting looking. Almost GI looking from the back but more player looking on the sole and top line. Will be interested to see the full review

Guessing it just matches the CG/launch conditions the best. My assumption is these are traditionally lofted. S400 is a unique choice I suppose, but we're talking just a few grams difference over S300's.

My experience with the MP54/S300 was that ball flight was just fine (actually had abnormally high launch that we believe was related to weighting in the head), though they wouldn't be my first choice.

That was my thought as well the CG must be lowish. Even though it's only a couple grams to some that's enough to throw them off or push the limits of their swing.

Going to the heavy side is interesting as most seem to be trying to go light as possible or really close to the 100g mark

Can't wait to hear more.

swing your swing

Like the looks of those.

Nice looking set right there! Like the shaft choice

A very attractive set, to be sure. I'm wondering what more have they got to tempt me to try them. There are lots of attractive sets out there.

That's a really good looking set of sticks.

A very attractive set, to be sure. I'm wondering what more have they got to tempt me to try them. There are lots of attractive sets out there.

My assumption will be the price - based on the company's business model.

They look nice, and I'm glad to see a smaller company expand their lineup.

These look great. They remind me of a set of fourteens from a few years back. I'd love to put them to the test.

My assumption will be the price - based on the company's business model.

really looking forward to see the price point on these. also do you know if they will be available for lefties?

I literally know nothing at the moment. That'll change soon, so hang in there.

Those are some good looking irons. Curious to see how they perform for you. Especially with the S400s in there.

I'm surprised by how much I like the look. The design of the cavity is subtle but interesting. Looking forward to your thoughts Hawk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Hawk, are they cast club? They have a really nice finish to them, kind of remind me of the MP53 a bit

Sorry, that's another thing I don't know, but stay tuned. Guessing they are cast though.

The wedges were cast, so I'm guessing the irons are as well

Very clean, very handsome irons. Probably not forgiving enough for me at this stage in my game, but still interested to hear how they perform. I expect they'll be top of the line.

Nice looking clubs! They are probably a bit on the small side for me, but I'll be interested to see what you think.

More info including specs should be coming soon. Just waiting for the company to get back to me.

Hit lots of balls with these over the weekend. Nice iron set and one I think many of our readers will enjoy, especially those that like the players cavity profile. Smaller blade size and relatively skinny topline/sole should make some people happy. Though there is a cavity on the back, it's on the smaller side, regardless of how the pictures make it appear, and there's no carryover that you can see at address. Sole gets wider in the scoring irons like you'd expect.

To me, a good comparison in size would be the 588 CB's, both in blade size and cavity size.

Love the finish. No glare issues due to the satin look and the face milling is a nice feature that sets them apart. They look great in the bag and in hand.

Most of the time I spent with them was in some pretty ridiculous wind, which makes it difficult to judge things like distance and trajectory, but I did get a chance to hit other irons for comparison. I saw a good club less distance iron for iron compared to my AP1's (if not more at times), which backs up my assumption that these are more 'traditional' in build. Trajectory wasn't all that different to my eyes. Could hit them high enough with a good strike. Lower if I closed it down or hit it thin.

Saw an expected distance loss on mis-hits. They aren't blade unforgiving, but they aren't game improvement forgiving. Typical of what you'd expect given the size/build and certainly designed for a better ball striker/player.

In my opinion, the feel is there. Softer side for sure. Not really as harsh as anticipated toe side and low on the face, but they'll still give you a little reminder in the fingers if you miss there.

The shaft isn't bad. Nothing I'd pick for a set that I built myself, but I get why they are there. Pretty normal to see a DG shaft in a player's build, especially with the more classic designs/companies. I expected it to play like rebar, but it wasn't terrible. Assuming they'll offer some options there anyway since they have a bunch of shaft choices for the wedges.

Back