dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
If you could watch/be a part of any fictional sporting event that you've seen in a movie....what would it be and why?

I can't make a decision. It's either Field Of Dreams bc who wouldn't want to watch all the old ghosts of baseball greats play or Happy Gilmore bc I mean Bob Barker in a fight and insane, improbable golf shots....not to mention putting with a hockey stick!! :)

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

It would have to be the battle between Jones, Hagen, and Junuh ay Crew island Georgia, Bagger Vance. I love that movie.

Probably Bagger Vance for me too. Such a great movie and era for golf.

JM

I always forget about Bagger Vance.... Epic last round!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I'm such a nerd, I'd want to play Quidditch.

For me, it would be playing Francis Ouimet in, "The Greatest Game Ever Played" or being on the USA team in the movie, "Miracle".

I'd follow Happy Gilmore round for 18.

Anyone who was close to Secritariat, seeing the triple crown up close and personal would be amazing.

I'd want to be there when Roy Hobbs turned the lights out in The Natural

I'd want to be there to see Roy McAvoy's 12 on the last hole of the US Open.

The last round of Bagger Vance is a epic movie moment with legends of the game we all love. So that's hard not to be in the top of the list for me. However, I'd love to be a part of the teams from the "Major League" films due to the comebacks they had on the stage they did.

The Field of Dreams thing is neat. I went there once and was sad Shoeless Joe didn't appear. I really don't know what other fictional sporting events I would choose. The Greatest Game ever Played, Cinderella Man, Miracle, all those were based on true stories.

Can't believe no one has got the right answer yet, which is watching Rocky outlast Apollo Creed in Rocky 2. In close second, Rocky knocking out Ivan Drago, then single-handedly ending the Cold War.

From Pointe Break: Not that it happens in the movie, but since its fictionally referenced, as a lifelong Buckeye fan, not much would top seeing Johnny Utah beat SC in the Rose Bowl.

Back