Aim Point Express

Vegan702

Reaction score
Handicap
Exploding
Anybody else interested in this new quicker version of Aim Point? I looked around and they have some classes down in Phx area. I might take a trip and see what it's about.

I'm taking a course in Phoenix on July 12 weirdly enough.

Really, I may come down the same time then. I see they put them on regularly in Phx at 2 locations, but I only saw them giving the 1st course on non-breaking putts. I guess the courses run an hour each and there are 2, the 2nd one is breaking putts over 20ft.

I've got one booked for the 28th of this month. The pro at the range has managed to get the only local instructor to come to Thailand from Australia to run a couple of courses.

Aim Point Express

I just took this and the mid class pretty interesting stuff. Personally the express is Aimpoint for dummies. It works pretty well but isn't as accurate as the mid. It's quicker but you still run into the same issues as the mid with stance issues when playing with others and having to "guess" slope and stimp. I have been using the express for putts outside of 20' cause I'm happy with just getting those putts close and like I said it's quicker. Inside of 20' and I'm using the mid. Express also only works with a single break putt. The first mid class only has a single breaking putt and once you get that down you can take a second mid class that goes over double breaking putts.

No midpoint classes on the calendar in Arizona right now, but on the lookout.

There is an instructor in Vegas, but it looks like he only works with pros, college or high level amateurs. Scoring Academy.

Buckjob, did you notice an immediate improvement in your putting after the classes? I'm a pretty good putter and consider it my strongest part of my game, if I can spend $80-100 for each express class though and gain a couple strokes a round it's a no brainer to me. From what I've read the first class is straight putts less then 20ft, 2nd class is putts over 20ft and multi break putts. Is this not correct?

i'm really excited to see how much it will slow down play when it spreads to the masses of lay golfers who start straddling their lines every ten feet and holding up one - no, two - no, one finger at full arm's length -- no, 45 Degree crook... You get the idea. And I thought plumb-bobbing was bad!

i'm really excited to see how much it will slow down play when it spreads to the masses of lay golfers who start straddling their lines every ten feet and holding up one - no, two - no, one finger at full arm's length -- no, 45 Degree crook... You get the idea. And I thought plumb-bobbing was bad!

Yeah, screw enjoying the game and shooting lower scores!

No worse than today's players that don't read a putt until it is their turn to play and then walk around and look at the putt from 20 different angles, adjust for the wind, lay down on the green,and then start over because a bird chirped after they god over the ball. The problem isn't the method, it is how the person utilizes the method.

Interesting that this thread popped up this week.
I called the AimPoint pro in Phx, he will hold a class for 4+ ppl for $100/person/hour. I have two friends who want to do this with me, so I am trying to scrounge up a fourth.
I am looking forward to learning about AimPoint in detail - my instructor recommends the entire philosophy.

I was looking into this yesterday but the closest one is pretty far from me and I don't think it's worth $100. there are three different levels from what I was reading as well.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

From my understanding from watching some YouTube videos and reading is it should speed up things as you only need to read the putt from one side. Before you tee off you find out the speed of the greens to determine whether arm straight out, 45 degrees etc. Supposed to take 10-15 sec from what I gather, can't see that being any slower than any other method you employ.

Going to seriously look into this method since we have a few listed in DFW area.

I spoke to the founder of Aimpoint (Mark Sweeney) a while back about the Express version and he laid it out pretty simply to me. I took it to the course and immediately saw the benefits. It is extremely easy and surprisingly works very well.

It may not be as "exact" as the original version but it's not far off if you have a good sense of slope from feeling with your feet.

I took an Aimpoint Express clinic last weekend in San Diego. Aimpoint Express is definitely not an quick fix, but I do think it is a great way to learn to read greens better. I can see that it will take practice in order to learn to read slope with my feet. A Husky Digital Level is a must if you are going to learn Aimpoint or Aimpoint Express. I have had two practice sessions with the level since my clinic. I played my first round today using AE. It did not take any longer to read putts...in fact it is probably faster as I don't have to walk around the putt, trying to figure out the slope. I am a pretty good putter from inside of 10', but rarely make anything longer than that. Today I made 4 breaking putts in the 10' to 20' range. I don't think I would have made these putts before AE.

(removed link)

Last edited by a moderator:
What's a fair price for someone teaching aimpoint ? I was told $200 per person and that doesn't seem to be a fair price honestly

back when i was looking into this (which i might do this coming year) i saw some info that had the Express classes level 1 and level 2(1 hour each) were $100/class and the mid-point class(2 hours) was $200

I have taken the Aimpoint Express classes. It does work. Once you get good at knowing the degrees with you feet it works like a charm. Doesn't take any extra time. Of course...you still have to execute the putt....i.e...put a good stroke on it. :act-up:

back when i was looking into this (which i might do this coming year) i saw some info that had the Express classes level 1 and level 2(1 hour each) were $100/class and the mid-point class(2 hours) was $200
Glad you mentioned this, I got a quote from 2 guys that teach this, one guy was $210, and the other was $100. Was just going to go to the $100 guy, but the other guy teaches 1&2 at the same time thus the $210 price tag. Originally I thought he was trying to rip me off. Got to wait for spring, or he says he runs a clinic at Scottsdale with Steven Ames in the winter.... hmmmm I could see myself going there for a holiday.
he does private sessions for $150/hr, but recommends I take the course as others taking it may ask questions I may not think of.

so I went ahead and did the class last week and I do think it was worth the money. last weekend I did make two putts that I probably would have missed if I didn't aimpoint them.

For those that have taken this, how do you find it changes with slower greens?

What about greens that are really grainy? I felt I made some good reads yesterday but wasnt close to the hole on these

I saw that they are now offering the course on DVD for $80. From a post on another board I saw that the dvd covers both single and multi break reads. Anyone here picked it up?

For those that have taken this, how do you find it changes with slower greens?

What about greens that are really grainy? I felt I made some good reads yesterday but wasnt close to the hole on these

Having taken the chart using course, before express came out, sometimes you just get fooled. You may have had a part of the read get steeper or flatter than you thought and didn't notice it. So long as you leave yourself a two putt though, no harm no foul.

Back