Could you shoot better than 88?

I would love to play that course under normal member conditions at the appropriate tees some day, but like it is now it would be no fun to keep score.

No way. I shot 93 from the whites there last December. Championship tees? Prob 110.

I don't think I could do it, but I think there are a lot of guys here who could, quite a few actually. 88 is bogey golf on that course. yes, it's incredibly tough. and long. but, comparing scores for someone shooting only to beat 88 versus someone shooting for the best possible score isn't apples to apples. If you approached each of the holes as par+1 (bogey golf) and forced yourself to lay up and shoot for green in 3 on par 4s then I think the game would be considerably different. These top pros in the world don't have that option... we would. I have a bit more confidence in our group, I guess :)

edit: give me freddie kong with a good caddy and shooting only to break 88 and I'll take that bet every time.

Its a diffenrt world, I would bet no one from here woukd break 88 and thats not saying anything negative about anyone here

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Never! Not even in my dreams! Maybe 150.

I would give it a go if all aspects of my game were clicking. Wait a second I just woke up...

I don't think I could do it, but I think there are a lot of guys here who could, quite a few actually. 88 is bogey golf on that course. yes, it's incredibly tough. and long. but, comparing scores for someone shooting only to beat 88 versus someone shooting for the best possible score isn't apples to apples. If you approached each of the holes as par+1 (bogey golf) and forced yourself to lay up and shoot for green in 3 on par 4s then I think the game would be considerably different. These top pros in the world don't have that option... we would. I have a bit more confidence in our group, I guess :)

edit: give me freddie kong with a good caddy and shooting only to break 88 and I'll take that bet every time.
freddie is a great player but i woukd take your bet every time.
your philosophy of laying up and playing for bogey woukd not fly, that means you woukd have to have a lot of 2 putts, there is the problem

Nope. Not on a us open setup. Not a chance
dont have a heart attack, we finally agree on something lol

I'm fairly certain on those greens I might have 88 putts, let alone all the shots to get there in the first place.

Since we're on the internet, I could definitely do it.

nope dont think i could break 100..watching approach shots almost come to a stop, then roll OFF the green. my short game isnt good enough for me to even get near 88..

Since we're on the internet, I could definitely do it.
thats right, we are #internetgolfers so.we could shoot 70 :D

No. If I could manage to break 100, I'd be THRILLED.

The way I'm playing right now I'd be thrilled if I shot less than 88 on the front 9.

I suspect I could play there every day, for a month and not shoot an 88 on that course and setup. Certainly no way I could Par those 500+ yard Par 4s. I am just now starting to master reaching the 528 yard Par 5 on my home course in 3.

7500 yards would eat me up. Those turtle back greens would to. I'm a mid 80's average on my home course from 6400 yards, so I'd be lucky to card 115 on number 2 from the tourney tees and in those conditions.

In those conditions I would be jumping for joy if I broke 100....I would probabaly be closer to 120

You watch guys with the best short game in the world hit shots that won't hold those greens....we wouldn't stand a chance

Think about it.....540 yard par 4's!!! even if you hit it 300...you still have 240 to the green!!

I thought being on the internet we could just drive it 350-400y and have a wedge into the green hahaha,

But in all seriousness if I shot 99 it would be the happiest 99 of my life.

I couldn't even sniff the 80's.

I've walked this course a few times this week. I feel like I would be extremely fortunate to break 100.

No chance. If I broke 100 I would be beyond happy with that!

Yeah, I don't know what that scene would do to my game. I have a lot of game but playing in that pressure cooker is something entirely different. I have the distance but I'm not very precise with long and mid irons. That would stress my short game...so NO!

It would be fun to play though under those conditions lol, we would definitely have some fun out there.

I would struggle to break 110, I think.

I wouldn't even fathom a guess on a score, but I think it would be a TON of fun giving it a go.

No I couldn't. Simple as that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back