Fairway wood & shaft length?

Castor Hades

Reaction score
Handicap
6.7 EGA
We see a lot of discussion about driver shaft lengths and how most stock drivers have quite long shafts, and how PGA average is only around 44.5". We also see a trend in longer shafts in fairway woods, but I would like to ask about the 3 Wood & 5 Wood shaft lengths you use? Do you ever cut them down?

I play a 44.5" driver, and I'm not sure if a 43.5" 3-wood is the right thing for me.

What do you play with? 3 Wood / 5 Wood length.

We see a lot of discussion about driver shaft lengths and how most stock drivers have quite long shafts, and how PGA average is only around 44.5". We also see a trend in longer shafts in fairway woods, but I would like to ask about the 3 Wood & 5 Wood shaft lengths you use? Do you ever cut them down?

I play a 44.5" driver, and I'm not sure if a 43.5" 3-wood is the right thing for me.

I don't know what my 5W is but my Stage 2 3W plays to 43" and I crush it every time. Just got for Xmas and it is already the best club in my bag.

I'm at 44.5" with the driver and 43.5" with a 4 wood - it is all about center contact and I seem to hit the 4 wood on the screws at 43.5" than I do at shorter lengths.

I like to play my drivers at 44.5" and my 3w at either 43 or 42.5

43" is my ideal 3W length.

42.75 odd I know

I play these lengths

Driver: 45
4w: 42.5
3H: 40

My driver is 45.5 and my 3/4 wood plays 43.5. I'm a bit taller so the extra length doesnt bother me much. I play a HL RBZ stage 2 at 16* so I still feel like I can control it with the added loft counteracting the added length.

Driver is 44.5" 3W is 43. I've had such better contact since shortening my driver, makes me wonder if I would like a shorter 3w, but I haven't messed with it yet.

Driver is 44.5, 3wd is 42.5. I hit them so much better since I shortened them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver 45.25
4 WD: 42.5
7 WD: 42

42.5" on my 4wood. Same length I play a 3w since it's my 3w shaft in my 4w.

It seems like a 42" could be a 5-wood shaft for me, but a fitting will be done :)

With the rise of the shorter driver shaft to maximize the number of times contact is made in the center of the clubface, I am contemplating a little bit of the same thing with my fairway woods.

I have the shaft of a Mashie M1 hybrid laying around and am pondering throwing it in a fairway wood head as an experiment. Anyone have any experience with this?

My driver in the bag right now is 45", and I hit it better than the 45.75" driver I have in reserve. I also recently put a shorter 3W and 2h (vs. 5W) back in the bag - not sure of exact lengths, but I've generally been much more consistent with the shorter clubs.

My 3 wood is the "strong 3" and plays at 14* and 43"

Driver 45"
14* Mini 43.5"
17* 3HL 43.25"

I am thinking of cutting a 1/2" off the 3HL

I play a 45" driver, 43" 3 Wood, and 42" 5 Wood.

Back