Just picked up some Croc Prestons

Alez367

Formerly Carlos C.
Reaction score
Handicap
Just picked up these to try out the next few times I golf and I have to admit, they're actually really comfortable. The original golf shoes made by crocs weren't even close to the comfort these provide. Walking around the house yesterday in these, they felt sturdy yet definitely provided cushion. Tonight will be my first time trying them while swinging a club so once I get a chance to do so, i will post a review. I love the lime green/white color scheme, but the wingtip toe design kinda sticks out.

Budget golf has them for $29.99 which is what I paid for them locally at the Crocs outlet.
http://www.budgetgolf.com/Crocs-Pre...0&cadevice=c&gclid=CPiJwvr6_r4CFQpefgoda0YAaQ

Last edited:
They dont look half bad and thats a pretty solid price

Looking good, I have posted Crocs several times on DotD but have heard very little about how they wear. Looking forward to seeing your thoughts.

I do know that this particular model of Crocs runs a size small even though the ball of foot area has room for toe wiggle should the wearer not like a narrow toe area like adidas shoes.

29.95! That's a smokin' deal no matter how you look at it. Hope they work well for you.

That's a great deal, and they LOOK comfy....but they also look like my old pair of bowling shoes I use to use.

For the price I'd pick up a pair. I like clean look of those

That's a great deal on a pair of shoes, assuming they're comfortable, I can't wait to hear how they wear over time, but sounds like a great pickup!

Actually look fairly sharp. Curious to hear how they grip and how comfortable they are through a whole round.

That's a great deal on a pair of shoes, assuming they're comfortable, I can't wait to hear how they wear over time, but sounds like a great pickup!

I plan on taking pics tonight before the range session for a timeline of wear over the next few days. I will definitely keep this thread updated with any changes once noted. Also I might be picking up another pair in white/blue just because the price is great.

So I am about a 1/3 of the way through my practice session and feet feel great but since they run small I had to go a size up and wiggle room is definitely something that you notice. For me it's nothing too distracting since I practice with headphones on and try to tune everything out. So far I am very happy with these shoes

So last night I practiced from 5:30-8:15pm. In all I probably hit about 140 shots. Mostly wedges and 6i but I did manage to hit a few drives. My initial reaction to the shoes upon first putting them on and walking to the pro shop to purchase balls was that I could feel the nubs on the sole of the shoe but figured it was go away once I got on grass. I was correct. Once i reached the grass tees, it felt like i was walking on air. Felt that way the whole session too. Never felt fatigue from standing and swinging a club. Usually with my Nike Lunar Controls I get tired from just standing there and not walking around. About an hour into the session, since the sun was still out I was beginning to notice what is a normal flaw of wearing enclosed crocs shoes: sweaty socks. Wasn't a major issue just slightly noticeable. Rest of the time I hit wedges and noticed a little movement when my balance was off but for the most part, when I swung with a balanced, controlled swing I never had any slippage or movement in my shoes. Tomorrow I go to PGA West for 36-54 holes and I decided to take them with me for a testing the 101* sun.

So yesterday was great. 36 holes at PGA West. These shoes are great. Not once did I feel the heat on my feet. Although my feet did sweat, I wasn't slipping at all. Worn my shoes from 5am to 6:30pm and my legs still had life left in them for an impromptu range session after. This would have never happened with my Lunar Controls. I am now completely satisfied with my purchase and I will actually be purchasing another pair tonight due to how well my swing feels when wearing these compared to normal "spiked" shoes.

any updates on these shoes

What would you like to know? Only used for one more range session so far but they will get some use this Saturday when I play Torrey South.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would you like to know? Only used for one more range session so far but they will get some use this Saturday when I play Torrey South.

Comfortability and durability

Just picked up some Croc Prestons

Comfortability and durability

comfort is number one in my book when it comes to my feet. Second is durability while style/looks third. These are by far the most Comfortable shoes I have worn since my all white dryjoy pods from a few years back. As a big guy (~300 lbs) my feet will ache after a round especially if walking a course with a lot of hills and slopes. So far these have provided plenty of support while still maintaining a little give to help absorb shock when walking on dirt or concrete. The shoes have an insert that I am checking into whether or not they can be replaced when they become too stiff. One thing I noticed while wearing these in the heat is that my feet tend to sweat alot which meant I needed to either change my socks after 18 or just take a towel and wipe the insert dry in order not to slide a bit during the second 18.

For durability I look for two things, how easy are shoes to clean and how soon creases show up once worn more than once. So far, these white shoes are holding their clean look but of course I have yet to play first thing in the morning, which is normally the time I play. So far in the bunkers, sand doesn't clump in the soles of the shoe and grass stains wipe off easily with a wet cloth and light elbow grease. As for creases nothing major has appeared yet but I'll take pictures in the morning.

Last edited:
Just bought another pair of these. Still on sale at the outlet store for $30. Great shoe and very comfortable after the round too

So decided to do an update on these. Four months later and 33 rounds and about 8 practice sessions, the shoes are just about done with comfortness. Durability wise, they were great shoes and cleaning them was easy every time. Definitely glad i bought another pair for when these were done.

Back