Official 2014 World Cup Thread (Spoilers)

Thought he said "strain" hammy... still early to tell prognosis.

Easy for them to say strain, any degree of muscle tear is a strain.

Halftime needs to get here and the US has to make some adjustments to get some possession in the midfield.

going to be tough to keep Ghana from scoring in the next 45, USA needs another Goal

Wow, dude undercuts Jones and slides under his feet, which graze his head, and he gets up and goes straight at the chest of Jones. Really?

Glad US can get to half with the lead to make some adjustments. Maybe take advantage of Ghana's aggression and get another easy goal.

First half, I think the US has reason to be very pleased (apart obviously from Altidor's injury). US are creating chances, although I still think they look a little suspect at the back. They need another goal! All in all though, job well done so far. This ref has for his head screwed on too. A few of the other chump's could learn a thing or 2 from watching this fella.

If things don't change, this seems like it will be a 2-1 Ghana victory. Ghana just can't convert in the final third, but they are controlling possession.

Yeah US must produce more offense. They're playing on their heels.

"Quick, Landon, wipe away the tears, you're on in 30 seconds!!!"

First half, I think the US has reason to be very pleased (apart obviously from Altidor's injury). US are creating chances, although I still think they look a little suspect at the back. They need another goal! All in all though, job well done so far. This ref has for his head screwed on too. A few of the other chump's could learn a thing or 2 from watching this fella.

I agree this ref seems like he has firm control of this game.

I like the first half, but agree with others that Beasley leaves us exposed defensively. Hopefully johanssen can work a little better up front and convert some chances.

was Landon in a straight jacket?

38% posession yikes

What a pass on the header

We are just standing around defensively. So many loose balls that we are not running down. Thank goodness for Howard.

oh man I am so nervous...USA getting worked

Can I keep my eyes closed for 30 minutes? This is horrendous to watch.

I wonder of the humidity is getting to them

There has to be a dozen shots on goal for Ghana in this half alone! I'm all for protecting a lead, but a good defense is a great offense. Get the dang ball out of our zone for once!

I missed the first half, and I know nothing about futbol, but watching this second half it feels like Ghana should be up a bazillion goals.

I missed the first half, and I know nothing about futbol, but watching this second half it feels like Ghana should be up a bazillion goals.

It's the equivalent of a baseball team continuously getting lots of men on base and leaving them stranded because they can't get the big hit (Ghana), while the other team got a solo home run from their leadoff hitter.

Man the offense is atrocious

9 minutes plus stoppage time....

Never mind.

dangit

Back