Critique My Swing!

My miss is a block right ore magnificent fare.

Tadashi. Swing plane only? Did I implement your recommendation successfully

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think you have made some solid strides and can be successful with this swing. It's now time to learn to play with this swing.

I think you have made some solid strides and can be successful with this swing. It's now time to learn to play with this swing.

Playing golf is a lot different than playing golf swing.

same swing, 3 different speeds. Gonna hit the range in a few to see if i can work out some of the recommendations.

for organizational purposes

Looks good, reminds me of Matt Kuchar.

I am working on this as well. Get that belt buckle pointed more down the target line and the ball won't start so far right.

you swing is pretty solid and powerful, were you ever flat? i think yours if i remember correctly is more roryesq.

And by belt buckle down then line, you mean prior to impact, i can lag the club pretty good but the end result is a u turn..

you swing is pretty solid and powerful, were you ever flat? i think yours if i remember correctly is more roryesq.

And by belt buckle down then line, you mean prior to impact, i can lag the club pretty good but the end result is a u turn..

I used to be really flat and extremely OTT. It took a few years to get inside of the swing plane. Now, I am very close to being TOO inside. Golf is hard.

The faster you can clear your hips the easier distance will come and the more consistent your flight will be. My big push misses come from not releasing my hips and getting too infront of the ball. When I remember to work the left hip back, I am golden.

amu6u5az.jpg

Pay attention to the but of the club. Notice where it is pointed.

vurubyte.jpg

It may be hard to see but look at the ball position in this shot. If your timing is off that is a block or cut.

qu9ehapa.jpg

ahajarys.jpg

The positions of the club don't match. Your practice swing is more upright. Your regular swing is very flat. Need to get that club more upright.

Thanks tadashi..that's my goal for 2014..my only goal..that's why I try to rehearsal it first but for some reason my mind won't let me go more upright in my actual drive. Any drill recommendations?

So I have been golfing a few years, last year i really decided to make a legitamate effort on improving. Prior to 2013, i probably had a total of 20 rounds under me. I quickly exceeded that in 2013 and spent hours and hours at my local practice facility. Anywho, like most of us i have had a few lessons (4) and learn mostly from watching the golf channel and trying drills out.

Besides the over the top miss, I feel like im making steps in the right direction.

I took this video a few days ago to check on my angles and what not but my lack of experience has me wondering why I cant be consistent. Although i feel like im driving with my lower body it does not really look that way. Please point out the flaws you see and possible recommend me some drills to improve.

Last year was the first year, i got a handicap and i got it down to 11.4 but then melted down in a 2 round during a tournament and it blew back up to 13.8. I feel like with putting practice and dialing in my swing i can get to sub 10. Please let me know what i need to focus on to get consistent.

Disclaimer, I can only hit balls in my living room because the east coast looks like the day after tomorrow. the first swing was a toe shot high off the face but i made pretty decent contact with the rest.

My miss is synonymous with the over the top swing, snap hook or a less than gentle fade ;)

fire away!

To help me with swing plane I felt as if as I hinged I was bringing my right arm across my body (for a lefty). This may help or it could create problems

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Face on Driver from today.

a nice 6 iron block is coming shortly :)

Last edited:
To help me with swing plane I felt as if as I hinged I was bringing my right arm across my body (for a lefty). This may help or it could create problems
this is what i feel like im doing, i really just need to get with a coach and have a good session with him so i can learn to feel what being out of position is. I should get electrocuted everytime im flat. that would be an awesome feedback device.

this is what i feel like im doing, i really just need to get with a coach and have a good session with him so i can learn to feel what being out of position is. I should get electrocuted everytime im flat. that would be an awesome feedback device.
That would help lol. I just cut off the head from and old golf club so I wouldn't break anything then just practiced in front of a mirror until I learned the feeling

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

annnnnd, the 6 iron block that freddy predicted.

Just call me Panda-domis

Listen we need to create more room for your swing to operate. Your take aways is good but I think you are too far inside on the take away and this is crowding the down swing.

Keep the club low and straight back as long as you can before taking to the top of your swings. This will allow you clear the hips as you do but get the club moving down the line instead of way right. This will also take advantage of your natural release.

Last edited:
Thx sir..tomorrow I will work on that without giving a crap where the ball goes for a couple hours and report back. Appreciate the help. That explanation gave me a visual I can probably relate to...sometimes it's just how u say it. Thx boss

My God what a magnificent nightmare yesterdays range session was. I took 200 balls out to the range and only focused on steepening my backswing and clearing my hips, the result was frustrating to say the least, I brought 2 clubs with me, well 3 actually with putter. Went like this:

9 Iron - 100 swings) Every swing i would rehearse a back swing with my arms above my shoulder line and the butt of the club going along the path line. about 80% every singe shot with the 9 iron was close to target and my line but ball purity was no where close to the old swing.. There was a wind behind me and i was carrying to a 172 yard pin. I wasnt disappointed with that but i had troubles not over swing and keeping good tempo, probably because i was concentrated on whipping my hips to open before the strike. I wasnt too displeased with the 9-i results but i know there is alot of work to do. I hit alot of shots heavy, ALOT.

Driver - 100 swings. Did the same upright rehearsal before every single swing, and made sure i didnt take a cut at the ball if i didnt feel like i was in the right position. Almost every single swing was a snap hook or pretty sever low pull. Everytime I held the club off and let it whip, the ball with have the most spectacular fade. It literally felt like i have never golfed before. Im going to commit to getting more upright for a about 1000 more swings but if something does not happen miraculously as a result, im going to hook up with the pro there and see where else something is happening.

I will say that yesterday i was extremely fatigued to almost the point of fainting but i dont think that should have affected my swings which had power and energy for each one. Will continue to update.

update, got the driver working today with the new swing..all drives were over 295 yds and close to where i wanted them. I only missed 1 fairway with the driver today. Very pleased. shot 38 on the front 9 of my course. ill continue to work on it and try to grab some more video with the new swing. :banana:

More Data (videos).

Spent a few hours on the range trying to work on my arms being level with my shoulders. Here is the result, you can even see the ball flights. The next month ill be working on this. If you see me doing anything stupid now, please let me know. I want to drill this in so i figure a few hours every day for the next month should bake it into memory. A few times i concentrated on clearing my hips and my old swing came back...one step at a time i guess

7 Iron - multiple swings, no slow mo ( at 0:40, i tried a drill that was recommended to me from an instructor when i was at congressional this weekend) .
[video=youtube;XjYhlu-W0mA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjYhlu-W0mA[/video]

Driver - 2 to 4 swings, slow motion at the end.
[video=youtube;sWPM-NVgub8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWPM-NVgub8[/video]

progress....

Last edited:
Wow, can't believe I was that flat..another range session today ...doing the same drill. I'm actually feeling the flatness when I make a bad swing. Committing to 28 more days of practicing only this. I did notice much lower ball flight.

6abemave.jpg

Face on, still trying to work on becoming more upright...first time swinging a club in 3 weeks.

One thing i noticed after looking at the video on the range was my left arm wasnt fully extended, i corrected that on the range and saw better strikes. Whadaya see Freddie?

down the line

driver down the line

Last edited:
You have been working, the swing is fluid and repeatable. As a taller golfer you need to pay attention to angles. If your angles get to deep you'll become stiff. Too few angles and you'll come up and out of the swing with slight changes in swing plane.

The left arm needs to extend and you're right, you aren't extending through. Even the swings I perceived as good, you still pulled the left arm early. Typically this comes from stopping the shoulder rotation.

So I'd like to see you work on extending the left arm down the line. The key with your swing to make sure the lower body starts the swing but the upper body needs to sync. Finding the proper tempo will be key. Once you have found your tempo, be sure to keep your head behind the ball on the down swing, smack the ball with back of your left hand and keep those shoulders moving. This combination will allow you the room to extend down your swing line.

You have been working, the swing is fluid and repeatable. As a taller golfer you need to pay attention to angles. If your angles get to deep you'll become stiff. Too few angles and you'll come up and out of the swing with slight changes in swing plane.

The left arm needs to extend and you're right, you aren't extending through. Even the swings I perceived as good, you still pulled the left arm early. Typically this comes from stopping the shoulder rotation.

So I'd like to see you work on extending the left arm down the line. The key with your swing to make sure the lower body starts the swing but the upper body needs to sync. Finding the proper tempo will be key. Once you have found your tempo, be sure to keep your head behind the ball on the down swing, smack the ball with back of your left hand and keep those shoulders moving. This combination will allow you the room to extend down your swing line.

Thank you sir, any mind tips on bringing the practice swing to the ball?

All I can tell you is bring it with you. When you start trusting the swing and stop worrying about the result, the swing will be more fluid. If there are good mechanics, the ball will go where is supposed to go based on your aim and swing.
Thank you sir, any mind tips on bringing the practice swing to the ball?

Some more cuts...working on it.

Back