Tiger to Return at the Masters

I think Tiger may have been postponing his return to the golf-course as long as possible, but that he wasn't going to miss a Major no matter what! Hence the Masters is first 2010 tournament. There may not be much more to it than that.

If I heard it correctly on The Dan Patrick show there are only 3 sponsors for The Masters. IIRC it was Exxon, Accenture and I'm drawing a blank on the third one.

The Travelers?

Kevin

These I don't agree with

*What doesn't tiger to that's in "golf's best interest"
*People make mistakes, it's not hard to make decisions that aren't in a families best interest.
*How does Tiger do what's best for Tiger?

Gotcha. I followed up to JB's response, but you might not have seen it.

*What doesn't tiger to that's in "golf's best interest"

He throws his clubs, swears on the course, and ignores his fans. That's just for starters. Are those in golf's best interest?

*People make mistakes, it's not hard to make decisions that aren't in a families best interest.
I agree that people make mistakes. I agree that it's easy to screw up. All I said was he clearly hasn't behaved in his families best interests. Do you disagree with that?

*How does Tiger do what's best for Tiger?
I would turn that around and ask you what he has done that ISN'T in his best interest?

Coke, IBM, Mercedes and AT&T. Don't forget that AT&T dropped Tiger. I'm not sure how ESPN covers the first two rounds - are there regular commercials?

Coke, IBM, Mercedes and AT&T. Don't forget that AT&T dropped Tiger. I'm not sure how ESPN covers the first two rounds - are there regular commercials?
LOL I think you're right Diane, it was AT&T not Accenture. I remembered that it was one of the sponsors who dropped him when everything started to unravel. I'm still pretty sure about Exxon, maybe.

LOL I think you're right Diane, it was AT&T not Accenture. I remembered that it was one of the sponsors who dropped him when everything started to unravel. I'm still pretty sure about Exxon, maybe.

No - it's the four that I mentioned. It's in the ad trades.

No - it's the four that I mentioned. It's in the ad trades.

Never dispute Diane on the facts. She is always dead on when it comes to knowing the actual facts.... She is good.

Never dispute Diane on the facts. She is always dead on when it comes to knowing the actual facts.... She is good.

Except when I'm wrong, but I never worry because there are a few people here who will always let me know.

What about when he is eating his sandwich? They show that one alot too.:D

I was going to mention that, do we actually need to spend X amount of time watching hime eat a frickin sandwich or drink whatever will be his beverage of choice?

You didnt vote for phil being number 2 either, so accept it and not bit*h about it.

LOL.

Tigers Banana gets more coverage than any other players in the field,

Masters coverage, not 'coverage' coverage.

Tigers Banana gets more coverage than any other players in the field,

Masters coverage, not 'coverage' coverage.

If I had such a problem w/ a TV program, I simply don't watch it.

If I had such a problem w/ a TV program, I simply don't watch it.

So that's your answer, skip watching the Masters because the producers feel watching Eldrick eat a banana or sandwich is more compelling than actual golf from some of the other competitors?

So that's your answer, skip watching the Masters because the producers feel watching Eldrick eat a banana or sandwich is more compelling than actual golf from some of the other competitors?

I think that was Gray's answer.

Is this a joke? Seriously.

How much or how often do they show Tiger eating? If they do, it's what, for 5 seconds?

Some are getting upset about that because that's taking coverage away from another golfer?

Holy schnikies. :bulgy-eyes:

And I replied to some that are having such a hard time fathoming how much Tiger coverage there will be, to simply not watch it if it's going to bother you so much.

If something bothered me a lot, I simply wouldn't watch it.

Re: Tiger to Return at the Masters

NikeGolf said:
Is this a joke? Seriously.

How much or how often do they show Tiger eating? If they do, it's what, for 5 seconds?

Some are getting upset about that because that's taking coverage away from another golfer?

Holy schnikies. :bulgy-eyes:

And I replied to some that are having such a hard time fathoming how much Tiger coverage there will be, to simply not watch it if it's going to bother you so much.

If something bothered me a lot, I simply wouldn't watch it.

Either watch tiger eat, or other people tee off. Hmm....

And yes it bothers me that tiger eating takes away from another persons coverage

Sorry for the quad post, but i like watching all 68 of tigers shots. But eating is a little overboard no? All this non-golf coverage breeds obsessive fans.

A 5 second clip of Tiger eating a banana is going to upset some because that 5 seconds took time away from other players.

Wow.

I've seen other players eat. Just a couple of weeks ago I saw Villegas take a bit of his sandwich walking up to the green.

Is that any different?

NikeGolf said:
A 5 second clip of Tiger eating a banana (I've seen other players eat too, although, that doesn't fit your argument) is going to upset some because that 5 seconds took time away from other players.

Wow.

Can you imagine how much uproar there would be if tiger went reaching for a banana and pulled out, say, a pear. It would be outrageous, and the media would defintely comment because it isn't a sandwich, almonds, a banana, or Gatorade. Tigers an amazing golfer, but when watching pro sports events, especially golf, it should be about the golf. Not about the banana.

As far as I remember, the coverage on villegas was during the matchplay? when there were less than 10 guys on the course. The masters will have way more than ten. I bet we see tiger eat at least 5 times, and 10 if it includes drinking.

Can you imagine how much uproar there would be if tiger went reaching for a banana and pulled out, say, a pear. It would be outrageous, and the media would defintely comment because it isn't a sandwich, almonds, a banana, or Gatorade. Tigers an amazing golfer, but when watching pro sports events, especially golf, it should be about the golf. Not about the banana.

:banghead:

I'm going to stop addressing this specific issue regarding 5 seconds, and food, and Tiger, and banana's, etc etc etc.

I'm finished here.

Anyways, who would you all like to see win the masters? Personally, I'd love to see someone who is not currently qualified to sneak in the backdoor and win. CH3 comes to mind. Is JD playing this weekend?

Tiger winning would be a great story as well. Maybe tiger knows he can go so low, and just by practicing can tell that he can make history here. And drown the tabloids with a win, just to say I'm back.

I didn't have much respect for Tiger since this started and whatever was left has disappeared. To make your first appearance back from his mess be the Masters is IMO reprehensible. He is taking one of the most storied golf tournaments ever and making it about himself and will over shadow the whole tournament. It once again shows his selfishness of the game and instead of showing up at any other tournament where he would have to face the questions and get it over with, he chooses to try and hide from it behind the walls of Augusta. I bet the members there if they could, would vote for him not to make his comeback there. So sad, we will only see/hear about Tiger for the weeks up to, during and probably after this tournament and very little about the tournament itself.

Back