TaylorMade Project (a) Balls Review Thread

I suppose that's possible, but I've played a lot of golf with the e5 and don't ever remember seeing them spin on the greens like the Project (a) do. I do not have any data to back that up though, so the spin rates may be very similar.

Perhaps it is possible that you have made this switch to the new ball as you continue the journey to #THPMC and your swing is a bit more grooved.

Has anyone compared these to the Wilson FG Tour? This is my current gamer, nice and long with awesome greenside spin. Until I hear sumthin else is as good or better I think im gonna stick with them. I would like to try them side by side to compare the two.
I have. The 2014 FG tour feels softer off the club face to me. It may be more muted off the putter face too but I'm not quite as confident about that part.

I suppose that's possible, but I've played a lot of golf with the e5 and don't ever remember seeing them spin on the greens like the Project (a) do. I do not have any data to back that up though, so the spin rates may be very similar.
Interesting. I find the e5 to spin more than any ball I have ever gamed.

I found the e5 and P(a) to be very similar in the short game, with the e5 releasing just slightly more. Now that my short game has improved (more accuracy from further out), I think it's time I took them both out again and shot it from further distances (out to 100 yards) and see what my results are. I wonder if my results off the tee (e5 was substantially further) have changed as my technique, confidence, and driver have changed.

I've noticed almost a club longer with irons with these balls over the RZN Blacks. Durability has been a non issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed almost a club longer with irons with these balls over the RZN Blacks. Durability has been a non issue.

Being able to compress a ball makes a huge difference.

Spent the last three days playing this ball on some of the most narrow tee boxes, fast greens and thick rough. I think this ball is perfect for me. I know this ball is about 5-10 yards shorter than most other balls I play, but the greenside action and stopping power I get with my irons are completely worth it to me. 200 yards from the rough with a 5 iron and stopped it after one bounce. I'm willing to sacrifice a couple yards on my tee shot in order to have the control at the green. The durability is above average as well. I'm going to keep gaming this ball for the near future and will continue to pop in and share my thoughts

I finally got to experience the greenside action the rest of you have been raving about. A couple of times from 115-130 the ball backed up a good 2 to 3 feet from the pitch mark, something I don't really do.

Just ordered a dozen on eBay. Based solely on everyone's reviews :)

Edit: sorry wrong thread

Played these for 9 holes this weekend and loved them! First good ball from TM since the TP3 and 5.

I can't wait to try them in better conditions and on a course I know.

Just ordered a dozen on eBay. Based solely on everyone's reviews :)

If you are looking for more spin around the greens, I think you will like it.

Looking at the spin ratings from the Golf Digest review, this was the highest rated spinning ball for greenside and driver. Which I found interesting. Greenside, there is no question that this is a spinner. But I feel like this is one of the more controllable ball off the tee as well. I may be the minority but I was pleased with the control off the tee along with the greenside action

Looking at the spin ratings from the Golf Digest review, this was the highest rated spinning ball for greenside and driver. Which I found interesting. Greenside, there is no question that this is a spinner. But I feel like this is one of the more controllable ball off the tee as well. I may be the minority but I was pleased with the control off the tee along with the greenside action

I had no problem with control off the tee with this ball. I also didn't notice the distance lost that others did, but that may be due to my slower swing speed.

I can say that I didn't see any loss of distance with mine. I saw a major loss with the Lethal but not this one. In all honesty, I don't think there is a better ball in the price range. You can pick these up for about $25 right now with all the deals going on.

I noticed these launch a bit high off driver. I haven't really had my "A" game off the tee to really gauge a side spin issue. I will say that these balls for me are farther off the irons than any other ball I've played.

I hit a few in the mix today, distance was in the normal range for me but I actually found them straighter off the tee than the other balls I was hitting (E5, E7, Burner).
Caused me to lose one as I usually aim a little left and these basically stayed on line left. Repeated it a few times but could just have been one of those things.

Didn't spend much time comparing on approaches/greens, was very damp and greens dewy.

I did want to do a head to head with supersoft but left them in the car... d'oh!

I actually put these in play for a match tonight and really enjoyed them. Was a beautiful sunny day with firm conditions.
I don't generate a lot of spin but I liked the check I got on anything more than half swing with wedges. I work better with a target so tend to hit to the flag rather than running up so was able to get a few closer than I have been with the supersoft. Putting felt plenty soft to me with a milled face. Tee and full iron distance was normal for me.
Obviously couldn't do head to head but I can see me using these occasionally, definitely not twice as good as the supersoft despite being twice as expensive but if I saw them on special, would certainly pick some up.

Recommended if they're in your budget (but not currently in mine when the supersoft delivers so well at half the price).

Question for you guys still playing these balls? I ran out pro vx's recently and decided to try these out as they are reasonably priced.

Are you noticing distance loss on iron shots? I mean I feel like I'm almost a club shorter with some approaches. 10-15 yards shorter.

Also I've noticed into the wind these things seem just balloon up and fall out of space. Maybe it's just me or maybe they are producing too much spin?

Question for you guys still playing these balls? I ran out pro vx's recently and decided to try these out as they are reasonably priced.

Are you noticing distance loss on iron shots? I mean I feel like I'm almost a club shorter with some approaches. 10-15 yards shorter.

Also I've noticed into the wind these things seem just balloon up and fall out of space. Maybe it's just me or maybe they are producing too much spin?

Personally, I've lost some yardage off the tee (maybe 10 yards) but not much with my irons. As far as playing into the wind goes, I haven't seen much of the ballooning

I'm visiting family and got to play today. Didn't bring my clubs so I used a set of Dunlop irons from maybe 10-15 years ago. Needed balls too so I picked up a sleeve of these. Hard to tell much spin or distance wise given the clubs, but I liked these balls enough to pick up my curiosity level some. I have one left I will have to put into play when I get home.
When these first came out, I liked the idea behind them, but after reading the lack luster reviews initial reviews, I have stayed out of this thread, but I think I'll have to catch up on it now.

Personally, I've lost some yardage off the tee (maybe 10 yards) but not much with my irons. As far as playing into the wind goes, I haven't seen much of the ballooning

Hmmm it's the opposite for me. I seem to be getting good distance off the tee and can really feel myself compressing it when I stroke it well. But my irons just seem to be coming up very short, which is disappointing because I do like the action they have once they hit the green.

i am thinking about trying these out, right now i am playing the lethal and i have tested out the tpx a few rounds ago going head to head fell in love with the x just not the price i was wondering if anyone has put the tp's up against the project a and what your findings were?

i am thinking about trying these out, right now i am playing the lethal and i have tested out the tpx a few rounds ago going head to head fell in love with the x just not the price i was wondering if anyone has put the tp's up against the project a and what your findings were?

I played the tpx a little this year. I thought it was longer than the project a and maybe a tad more spinny around the greens. for the price the project a is a good ball.

I have been playing these for awhile and it could be me but I'm not getting the performance I first did when I started playing them. Might go back to e6 or a wilson model

Back