Where have you eaten, Triple D style?

When I lived in NJ, my younger sister came to visit and wanted to go to the Tick Tock Diner because she saw them on DDD and NEEDED their "disco fries." We went, even though it was an hour away, and I didn't think it was anything special. I hadn't lived in NJ long enough to know that EVERY diner in NJ has disco fries--including the one right across the street from where I lived.

That is one of the things I miss about living in Jersey, a diner is never far away and whether you want an omelet, chopped steak, pancakes, or a club sandwich it's there for the taking. I've lived around the country and the comfort food in the northeast is unmatched.

My wife and I have ate at Blue ash chili a bunch of times since we saw it on tv. We make special trips to Blue Ash just to get some chili dogs and a 5 way.

Too many to count Guy being a NorCal native seems to find a lot of place around the area I have also been to his restaurants in Santa Rosa Tex Wasabi's has a very cool vibe but last time i was in there was 10 yrs ago.
The Episode where Putah Creek Cafe is profiled is in my home town owned by some family friends

I can add another one to my list.

ugadyty8.jpg

Only been to one but it's one of my favorite places to eat.

Melt bar and Grilled!

In AZ Ive been to these locations

Chino Bandido
Giuseppe's on 28th
Haus Murphys
La Piazza Al Forno
Joe's Farm Grill

Another one tonight.
Sonny's famous steak hogies.

7y2yny6a.jpg

nujetega.jpg

uhybyty8.jpg

setanude.jpg

u5y3e4yq.jpg

uru5e5y5.jpg

I've eaten at BBC Boston Burger Company, solid gourmet burgers there. Fries are pretty good as well.

Bern's Steakhouse - Tampa
Crabby Bill's Seafood - Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Tampa Bay Brewing Company - Tampa
The Varsity - Atlanta
Jake's Good Eats - Charlotte
Crosby's Seafood - Charleston
Poogan's Porch - Charleston

EDIT: Bern's, Crabby Bill's, The Varsity, Crosby's and Poogan's Porch were apparently on other Food Network shows. So I guess that just leaves me with 2 D, D and D experiences.

Last edited:
In AZ Ive been to these locations

Chino Bandido
Giuseppe's on 28th
Haus Murphys
La Piazza Al Forno
Joe's Farm Grill

Chino!

I've hit
Angelo's in Providence, RI
Evelyn's in Tiverton, RI
And for the life of me I can't think of the burger place in Milwaukee...

typo's courtesy of Samsung Galaxy S4 autocorrect... Enjoy!
I believe the burger place was called Bomber ' s

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bern's Steakhouse - Tampa
Crabby Bill's Seafood - Indian Rocks Beach, FL
Tampa Bay Brewing Company - Tampa
The Varsity - Atlanta
Jake's Good Eats - Charlotte
Crosby's Seafood - Charleston
Poogan's Porch - Charleston

Berns was on Triple D? That is kind of shocking.

Berns was on Triple D? That is kind of shocking.

I was surprised too but I went through the list on their site when I saw the thread last night to see where I had eaten and it was there so I threw it on the list. They listed a Sideberns also which I have to assume is some kind of sister restaurant based on the spelling of the name. Never have seen it or eaten there though.

I was surprised too but I went through the list on their site when I saw the thread last night to see where I had eaten and it was there so I threw it on the list. They listed a Sideberns also which I have to assume is some kind of sister restaurant based on the spelling of the name. Never have seen it or eaten there though.

Very strange since it is old world fancy, and no where near a Diners, Drive In or Dive. I mean it is one of the best restaurants in the US.
As for Sideberns, it is their casual restaurant that is next door.

I know it was on the Travel Channel a few times for best steak houses.

Very strange since it is old world fancy, and no where near a Diners, Drive In or Dive. I mean it is one of the best restaurants in the US.
As for Sideberns, it is their casual restaurant that is next door.

I know it was on the Travel Channel a few times for best steak houses.

I just looked it up again and it was actually on a different show on Food Network - "The Best Thing I Ever Ate". Didn't notice last night that the search listed all restaurants that I guess have been featured on Food Network. Thought it just searched D, D and D.

I just looked it up again and it was actually on a different show on Food Network - "The Best Thing I Ever Ate". Didn't notice last night that the search listed all restaurants that I guess have been featured on Food Network. Thought it just searched D, D and D.

Bern's is awesome though. But as a high end steak house it seemed weird to be on DDD haha. Still a great choice, and their dessert room is AMAZING!!

Bern's is awesome though. But as a high end steak house it seemed weird to be on DDD haha. Still a great choice, and their dessert room is AMAZING!!

Agree 100% with everything. Only went there once about 25 years ago but will probably never forget it as it was THAT GOOD!

Where have you eaten, Triple D style?

didn't know Bern's was on DDD either. Not the typical type of place they visit.

Need to add that and Crabby Bills to my list. Thanks Sox!

Just saw the post about being on a different food network show and not DDD

Last edited:
didn't know Bern's was on DDD either. Not the typical type of place they visit.

Need to add that and Crabby Bills to my list. Thanks Sox!

Just saw the post about being on a different food network show and not DDD

Crabby Bills isn't really good. It's more of a tourist place with mediocre food IMO.

Bern's on the other hand is a must. The experience alone is worth it. Tour the wine cellar, it's really cool.

Back