TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Review Thread

I was waiting for your response to that post lol

Perhaps the highest spin head I have ever hit vs the lowest spin head I have ever hit.

Sorry you guys feel that way......but to ME , it is ......not exactly but regardless of MOI I don't find this club in the 460 all that un-forgiving.....just trying to share my findings and the internet mafia strikes.....

Sorry you guys feel that way......but to ME , it is ......not exactly but regardless of MOI I don't find this club in the 460 all that un-forgiving.....just trying to share my findings and the internet mafia strikes.....

Just because some disagree with you doesn't mean you're wrong. Just that they have seen something different.

I also am part of the minority. I love this club and will continue to game it

No way buddy talk all you want. Just in my SLDR experience it's not nearly as forgiving as the ST(which I also owned and played for over a year). Besides Internet mafia never miss the sweet spot.

There's so many different findings with this club, they seem to be night and day difference. I'm hoping to spend some time with one this weekend so I'll report back with what I find. Interesting stuff tho

No way buddy talk all you want. Just in my SLDR experience it's not nearly as forgiving as the ST(which I also owned and played for over a year). Besides Internet mafia never miss the sweet spot.

Sweet spot? What's a sweet spot? My SLDR must not have one because every swing feels the same. I must have a "buttery soft" spot

FWIW, I got more time at Golfsmith with the 430 SLDR, and I am fighting hard not to buy one right now--The good news is that I am about to get something from the MC sponsor to keep me happy for a bit. All said the SLDR in the 430 is by far my favorite of the line.

I will likely be buying the SLDR TP soon and wanted some advice on shafts to try. I've tried the SLDR when it first came out with the non-tp stock shafts and was all over the place. I ended up buying the R1 and didn't like the stock stiff 55 gram shaft. I ended up with a Fujikura Motore F1 in X-stiff that was 79 grams and played 45.25 inches long. I loved that set up and set at 10* loft averaged 250 yard drives (total distance) with one as long as 276 on the course. I switched drivers to a Titleist 910D2 in 9.5* set at standard loft with the Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 72 in X-stiff and stock length. I love it as well and average 250 yards total distance (nothing over 260 yet with this one though).

I don't know if I need X-flex, but found these shafts to help me stay in the fairway more often. If I go with stiff I think I need something at least in the high 60's gram weight range, if not in the 70-80 gram range. My fastest recorded swing speed on Trackman is 111 mph, but I average 105 mph if I want any control. I also fight a slight over the top move with my driver and my miss is typically a 15-20 yard pull, but I occasionally see a 15-20 yard slice. I counteract this with adjustments to my set up since I am having difficulty correcting the swing (even with regular lessons) and the result most often is a pretty straight to slight fade.

So with all that said can any of you recommended the top few shafts I should spend time with? If I spend the extra money on the TP version I would like to go with a shaft that is not an additional upgrade cost through Taylormade.

Thanks ahead for any help you guys can offer.

I will likely be buying the SLDR TP soon and wanted some advice on shafts to try. I've tried the SLDR when it first came out with the non-tp stock shafts and was all over the place. I ended up buying the R1 and didn't like the stock stiff 55 gram shaft. I ended up with a Fujikura Motore F1 in X-stiff that was 79 grams and played 45.25 inches long. I loved that set up and set at 10* loft averaged 250 yard drives (total distance) with one as long as 276 on the course. I switched drivers to a Titleist 910D2 in 9.5* set at standard loft with the Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 72 in X-stiff and stock length. I love it as well and average 250 yards total distance (nothing over 260 yet with this one though).

I don't know if I need X-flex, but found these shafts to help me stay in the fairway more often. If I go with stiff I think I need something at least in the high 60's gram weight range, if not in the 70-80 gram range. My fastest recorded swing speed on Trackman is 111 mph, but I average 105 mph if I want any control. I also fight a slight over the top move with my driver and my miss is typically a 15-20 yard pull, but I occasionally see a 15-20 yard slice. I counteract this with adjustments to my set up since I am having difficulty correcting the swing (even with regular lessons) and the result most often is a pretty straight to slight fade.

So with all that said can any of you recommended the top few shafts I should spend time with? If I spend the extra money on the TP version I would like to go with a shaft that is not an additional upgrade cost through Taylormade.

I hit the 430 TP with the 7.3 tour spec 77 gram in X and I would suggest trying it out. The 65 gram was ok, but much better dispersion and consistency with the 77 gram.

Differs for everybody. I would say if 250 is your average driver, go stiff flex. I recommend anything from Matrix. Just my favorite. Investigate a red tie

Differs for everybody. I would say if 250 is your average driver, go stiff flex. I recommend anything from Matrix. Just my favorite. Investigate a red tie

Can't wait for a red tie in this.

I've hit a 6q3 in mine and I loved it. I would also think a Diamana S+ could be fun.

The S+ should be similar to my Ahina right?

The S+ should be similar to my Ahina right?

Not sure actually. If the Ahina is a mid flight mid spin. Then maybe

I'm kind of on the fence with flex and just need to try them. I have a short swing with an abrupt transition and X seems to help with control. It's more about heavy weight and low torque for me.

I also rob myself of distance with my driver by setting up to fight my OTT move. I ground the club several inches behind the tee to give me time to close the club face and end up with too high of a launch angle. Which then led me to low launch shafts, though they only help so much.

Not sure actually. If the Ahina is a mid flight mid spin. Then maybe

No, it's low spin, low flight. Possibly more like the D+ shaft.

ETA: From Mitsubishi's website - The D+ Series (WHITE BOARD) profile will feature a more tip-stiff profile reminiscent of the Original D-Series and 'ahina™, yet offer a slightly "firmer" butt-section vs. Original to deliver the signature feel of the Original D-Series and the consistent lower launch and spin associated with this type of profile.

Yeah. I'm a big fan of the S+. Just from a feel standpoint.

It's deja vu all over again. .......but even better! 2nd round with White Knight.......very much royalty.......and just wanna hit this club on every shot.........SERIOUSLY. ......take the alignment benefit of r11s, the forgiveness of r9 supertri and the low spin power of the r9 superhero.....blend in a dash of 510tp heritage and you get .......#BESTDRIVEREVER!

More like the forgiveness of the SuperDeep

But it is the best driver ever as of this moment but next year who knows

I would take a look at the ATX (green or Blue) they work great in my SLDR

I would take a look at the ATX (green or Blue) they work great in my SLDR

I will give them a shot, but I don't know if I want to pay an additional $100 on top of a $500 driver.

Back