Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

Yea, given the moisture, and generally late start to spring, the prairie grass won't be mowed. But still, this isn't TCI, and it's not Ledgestone. This is a wider course than those, which I think adds to the enjoyment.

Also, if you have AT&T or Sprint, you will not have cell service here. If you have anything other than US Cellular or Verizon, I would check your service coverage map.

I played for the first time in 2.5 weeks last night for league. Our course essentially has no fairway mower at the moment, but they are getting by with some regular mowers and the occasional hours donation from a mower manufacturer we have in town. The course is actually in its best condition in years.

~Rock

*cough*

Lurkers feel free to join in on this. There is space in the tee times, space in the cabin, and still cheap green fee rates available.

~Rock

It's gonna be fun, no doubt.

Plus you get to meet the legends Bulldog, Mcrock, and mr hole in one

Plus you get to meet the legends Bulldog, Mcrock, and mr hole in one

yes, aka, King of Corydon, the artist formerly known as Prince, and....well, Bulldog, because he's so legendary, his name will never change.

~Rock

I'm more than okay with being known as Mr Hole In One.... But I'm not sure it can live up to someone's city championship title.....

I'm more than okay with being known as Mr Hole In One.... But I'm not sure it can live up to someone's city championship title.....

Two consecutive titles.

~Rock

You better 3-peat

That's the plan. Don't usually start working on it until early July. Which means its nothing but laughs and good times next week.

~Rock

Another day closer. Today is Hole No. 9 at the preserve. A short, downhill par 3, that most people can just play all day long. So satisfying to hit a short iron or wedge into this green and watch it stick. Miss left or right, you are probably in a bunker. Miss long, it's a steep downhill slope. Green slopes generally back to front. When you are on the green, this is one of the few opportunities you'll get to look at Lake Rathbun.

golf_card_hole_9.jpg

~Rock

I love ending 9 on a par 3!

Derek and I were just discussing that the Chicago guys are going to dominate this outing, just letting everyone know. :p

Derek and I were just discussing that the Chicago guys are going to dominate this outing, just letting everyone know. :p
Dadgum, I was hoping we would walk softly and carry a big stick. (i.e. driver).

Dadgum, I was hoping we would walk softly and carry a big stick. (i.e. driver).

no walking softly for this outing. I'm packing only my brightest shirts!

King of corydon, and king of pink.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I feel like I should come back and play in the city tournament

From The HTC One Blue!

I just wanna be a king :)

From The HTC One Blue!

I feel like I should come back and play in the city tournament

From The HTC One Blue!

I just wanna be a king :)

From The HTC One Blue!

I would invite you, but they made a rule many years ago prohibiting non-residents who aren't members from playing. Next Friday, we'll throw down.

~Rock

Darn those rules

From The HTC One Blue!

Yea, I didn't make them. King of a very small kingdom.

~Rock

You guys can talk smack all you want but I would worry about the quiet kid sitting in the corner. Might prove to be a long walk back to Chicago!

Darn those rules

From The HTC One Blue!

I'm good at paperwork. We can establish your residency no problem in time for the city tournament. :p

I'm good at paperwork. We can establish your residency no problem in time for the city tournament. :p
Lawyer v. Lawyer to impact the Corydon city championship. Who knew?
You guys can talk smack all you want but I would worry about the quiet kid sitting in the corner. Might prove to be a long walk back to Chicago!
If you come in swinging that SLDR like you did in Nashville, we could be in trouble.

That's it, I'm calling border wars. I'll take Manlai out of his game with surprise motions and overly burdensome discovery requests. He won't know what hit him.

~Rock

Back