THP Live Round thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another perfect drive on the par 5 fifth but a bad club choice for the lay up leaves me with an awkward lie in the fairway bunker and the shot goes nowhere. Another bogey. +3 after 4.

Another perfect drive on the par 5 fifth but a bad club choice for the lay up leaves me with an awkward lie in the fairway bunker and the shot goes nowhere. Another bogey. +3 after 4.
turn it around. still time!
Another good drive on #3 leaves me 80yds to the pin, but I left it short. Another 6 footer for par missed and another bogey. Curse of the raven. +2

Hit my drive well on #5 but it rolled thru the fairway leaving the ball well above my feet on the approach. Miss the green right into the rough behind a collection area. Hit a hard chip into the hillside from 25yds and the ball rolls up to 1 ft. Up and down for par. +3 into #6.

Just short and right on the par 3 sixth. Up and down for par. +3 going to #7

Lol, all ill say about #7 is that had to get up and down for bogey. +4

Hit a bomb of a drive on the 456yd p4 #8. Had 137 left. Hit green, 2 putt par. +4 to #9

Super long birdie putt leads to a 3 putt. +5 for a 41. Went well for working in a swing tweak. I think I can build off this.

Super long birdie putt leads to a 3 putt. +5 for a 41. Went well for working in a swing tweak. I think I can build off this.
Keep it up,the good scores will come.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

no doubt you have sub par rounds in you dude. only thing I can suggest is if you get in trouble take the smart play and eliminate big numbers. you definitely have the ability to make up shots

no doubt you have sub par rounds in you dude. only thing I can suggest is if you get in trouble take the smart play and eliminate big numbers. you definitely have the ability to make up shots

Thanks, man. I know Im capable of more, too. Gotta keep focus better. I made some horrible decisions that cost me strokes. I don't lose my mind like that often, but when I do, it snowballs big time. Will definitely be a focus of mine going forward though. Definitely.

I have some time between holes, so thought I'd post a few holes from my round.

This is the second, a drop shot par 3 about 135. Hit my 9 to the back of the green.

ujy3agyt.jpg

marazyhy.jpg

Hit a hybrid from the rough, and...birdie!

Taps away

The green runs severely on a side slope. It's probably the second time I've birdied it ever

Taps away

Next is a blind tee shot and blind approach par 4.

u6aze3e4.jpg

Tee shot went left, so used an 8i to carry the trees, then chipped to the green for a 2 putt. Bogey.

hahenyqy.jpg

Taps away

A severe dog leg right is next with a forced carry tee shot. A nice bogey recovery here, as my tee shot barely cleared the creek.

ana3a6e5.jpg

Taps away

Next is a par 5. After a bad second and a decent third shot, I had a funky lie sitting way below me in fluffy rough, but knocked it close to the green for a one putt. A circus par if you will.

tyvarahy.jpg

hema9yru.jpg

Taps away

Next is a par 3 about 180. My good ole 4alti got me on the green pin high, but had a nasty downhill putt that I three jacked like an ###%%}.

aguju5ad.jpg

epyjebev.jpg

Taps away

Next is a 235 par 3. I am struggling with my FWs lately and it showed with an ugly tee shot. Had to hit from an ugly lie and stumbled to a double.

Taps away

Loving the pics, PGG. Looks like you're tuning up well for Rim Pointe.

THP Live Round thread!

Next hole is a par 5. It's the toughest tee shot on the course, water on the left and trees OB on the right, with the tees lined up right on the tree line. Drive was a nice draw to center of fairway, got to the fringe in 3. Pin was on an upper tier with a bunker in between. I could have putted around it, but flopped it over to the pin instead, one putt par.
ypy8uqys.jpg

Taps away

Next is a par 4 that is feast or famine for me. And all the members sit and drink and watch everyone play it, so the pressure is on. Sliced the tee shot, had to hit over trees to get back to the fairway, couldn't hit a good shot on a downhill lie and derailed for a triple. These kinds of holes can kill the rest of my round if I don't handle it right.

Taps away

Last hole I played is a par 4 uphill with a forced carry tee shot. Still in front of everyone, I wanted to see how I rebounded from the last hole. Booming tee shot, 6alti to the front of the green, two putt par. Sweet redemption!

Taps away

And just like that, tied my PB! No penalties and short game/putting were great and driver was terrific. A couple (surprising) recovery shots as well. I'm able to hide my weakness on this course without hitting a lot of FW's or hybrids, but I have a lesson tomorrow on that. The 6alti is turning into a weapon and the 5alti is what I used for the chip in birdie, so sign me up for President of the Altitude fan club.

That's probably the last round before OC, so glad I'm coming on a high note!

Taps away

sagyme2u.jpg

"Some people say it's ok to lose if your opponent has a hot round. Phooey on that. I hate to lose -- period. If a guy is going to shoot a 10 under par, I am going to shoot an 11 under par." -Jack Nicklaus

Chicago Style Golf

uqe2enyg.jpg

"Some people say it's ok to lose if your opponent has a hot round. Phooey on that. I hate to lose -- period. If a guy is going to shoot a 10 under par, I am going to shoot an 11 under par." -Jack Nicklaus

Chicago Style Golf

ygere2y6.jpg

Chicago Style Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back