Looks like I won't be playing the home course for a while. Picture is taken from abov

widespot

Reaction score
Handicap
esabuvu9.jpg

Where is this at?

I like a little water hole every now and then , But that takes it to a new level.

Ouch! That stinks.

Somebody get some sandbags....errrr nevermind.

Ouch...can take a while to get that in to a playable condition. Or...a few red stakes.

Free drop on every hole, if you can find a spot.

Ouch. That bites. That's a ton of water.

Hey that's no bigs, just give the clubhouse time to swap their cart fleet for canoes and you're golden.

Island greens on every hole?!? Classy!

seriously though, that sucks man :(

Minneapolis. Hiawatha golf course. About 4 blocks from the house.
That stinks, like the golf season in Minnesota isn't sorry enough already!

Brutal picture. Hope the "after" pics once the water recedes isn't anything like I imagine.

Brutal picture. Hope the "after" pics once the water recedes isn't anything like I imagine.

Like dead fish all over the place.

Like dead fish all over the place.

I was thinking more along the lines of water damage to the course, but dead fish everywhere isn't a pleasant sight, or smell, either.

I was thinking more along the lines of water damage to the course, but dead fish everywhere isn't a pleasant sight, or smell, either.

Yeah, it happened on a smaller scale last year and there are still some rough spots. It's a bummer since it's so close I can go over for nine after dinner pretty easy.

That is a lot of casual water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eek! I'd just be glad my house didn't have the same issues.....

From The HTC One Blue!

Wow that is nuts. What a bummer. Hope they're able to recover quickly once the water recedes.

Oh man that's a bummer!!! Hope it doesn't damage the course too badly

Ouch looks like the carts will be traded in for hovercarts

How do the rest of the city's courses look? My favs are Meadowbrook and Wirth.

That's terrible... Wow... If that were here in Louisiana, snakes would be everywhere around the course once the water receded. Yikes.

We had the same thing happen at my home course, called "Common Ground" in Denver. The whole thing didn't go under, but a lot of it. The holes affected were closed from Sep to June and only just re-opened--and are still 6 months or so from really being healthy.

It's a brutal hit for a course to take. I don't think they would have survived if they hadn't been able to scrap 9 playable holes together until the rest of the course returned.

Back