USA Men's Soccer National Team

Big time win... give me that ugly loss over a pretty win any day.

Still a pretty happy camper about last night. If you had told me that Altidore and Besler would leave the game with injury, Dempsey would be ineffective because he couldn't breathe, Bradley and Beasley played horrible, and Donovan was worse as an analyst than on his worst day on the field, I wouldn't have thought that a 2-1 US scoreline would have been possible.

Early on I thought Beasley was going to cost us the game. He could not possess the ball or keep his side secure and they explioted that hard.

Early on I thought Beasley was going to cost us the game. He could not possess the ball or keep his side secure and they explioted that hard.

I really don't like him on the back line. He's undersized, and on top of that just keeps getting beat.

My wife is awesome! Early birthday present..... USA!

jajy8ada.jpg

I agree with you here but my guess is that he has a much better match Sunday. He is a vet playing his last WC he will bring it. He brings experience and quickness back there. I personally trust what Jurgen has done with the back 4.

I agree with you here but my guess is that he has a much better match Sunday. He is a vet playing his last WC he will bring it. He brings experience and quickness back there. I personally trust what Jurgen has done with the back 4.

I think the matchup w Portugal is better than Ghana as well.

To me, the point that Demarcus Beasley is not a top-notch left back is not debatable, but, I have seen Timmy Chandler play, and DMB is the best we got.

I hope Bradley has a better match Sunday because Johannson is going to need all the help he can get going forward.

To me, the point that Demarcus Beasley is not a top-notch left back is not debatable, but, I have seen Timmy Chandler play, and DMB is the best we got.

I hope Bradley has a better match Sunday because Johannson is going to need all the help he can get going forward.
Well said sir. It starts and ends with Bradley he HAS to be the facilitator on offense Beckerman is there to back him up so no excuse he has to get forward and make things happen. I assume he has a breakout game and if not we might lose. Hate to say it but that's the reality.

I just want to see more aggressiveness where loose balls are concerned. First game I noticed a lot of opportunities to get possession & we were not aggressive. Not sure if that's to protect the back end of not wanting to leave a spot exposed, but we can't sit back against Portugal. This game is their World Cup bc they lose and they are done.

My wife is awesome! Early birthday present..... USA!

jajy8ada.jpg

My birthday is in November. That might be an early birthday present to me a well.

I just want to see more aggressiveness where loose balls are concerned. First game I noticed a lot of opportunities to get possession & we were not aggressive. Not sure if that's to protect the back end of not wanting to leave a spot exposed, but we can't sit back against Portugal. This game is their World Cup bc they lose and they are done.
I get what you are saying and I agree but I think with the quick counter of Ghana in mind they couldn't get caught up with loose balls. Same is gonna be in play with Portugal but the US will have more of the possession in this game, well, at least I hope.

Yeah, that is what has me worried...Portugal is a wounded animal with nothing to lose. Sure they may be down 3-4 defensive starters, but I expect to see a much better performance out of them. I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but we shall see.

My birthday is in November. That might be an early birthday present to me a well.
She totally surprised me also! Love it

I get what you are saying and I agree but I think with the quick counter of Ghana in mind they couldn't get caught up with loose balls. Same is gonna be in play with Portugal but the US will have more of the possession in this game, well, at least I hope.

It's a fine line for sure, but feel we can be a little more aggressive without exposing the quick counter
]

Yeah, that is what has me worried...Portugal is a wounded animal with nothing to lose. Sure they may be down 3-4 defensive starters, but I expect to see a much better performance out of them. I'd be thrilled to be wrong, but we shall see.

I actually think they are like Spain in a lot of ways. They are hurting on the back end & no matter how much they hide it, Ronaldo is hurt and it's not something minor either. You can tell on his runs that he is protecting the knee. Plus we know what kind of a head case he is. If he doesn't get off in the first 10 minutes he slowly pulls himself out of the game. I would have Jermaine Jones mirror and frustrate him all game.

USA!

Pre match beach attire

gevy7a7y.jpg

Going out on a limb here and saying you're not rooting for Portugal? :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You got that right. There is only 1 team! USA USA #USMNT #IBelieve

Ok, we get they are your everyday clothes, but what you gonna wear when the game starts? :D
Funny you should ask that......

tehu9evy.jpg

This is a pretty cool special they are running about the team and their journey to this point.

This is a pretty cool special they are running about the team and their journey to this point.
Yeah it looked cool. I am hoping they replay it so I can record it.

I actually think they are like Spain in a lot of ways. They are hurting on the back end & no matter how much they hide it, Ronaldo is hurt and it's not something minor either. You can tell on his runs that he is protecting the knee. Plus we know what kind of a head case he is. If he doesn't get off in the first 10 minutes he slowly pulls himself out of the game. I would have Jermaine Jones mirror and frustrate him all game.

Haha Jermaine Jones. Every time I hear that name I think of the time back when he was in Frankfurt Bonames. He would come around my high school every once in a while and pick up some 16 year old chicks with his M3.

Ugh gut punch tonight but they fought hard and came back to get a draw. It is what it is on to the Germany game..... Get a draw

Ugh gut punch tonight but they fought hard and came back to get a draw. It is what it is on to the Germany game..... Get a draw

Two bad plays cost us. I can deal with the last second goal more than I can the bad defensive clear out for the 1st one. That just hurts more bc that is a routine clear out that should not have resulted in the goal.

As gutted as I feel, a draw still helps & we just can't lay down vs Germany

Back