So, no comments on Wie's putting style

Given how streaky she was with her putter before switching to this stance, I'd say it was validated long before she won a US Open. She keeps good posture, and it works. Not something I'm about to adopt, though.

Um, it's a unladylike position?

wie.jpg

I do believe she won using this stroke already and has had numerous top tens with it. The stroke was validated long before this week. And who cares what it looks like if it works.

+1, if you told me I would be a major champion putting like that, sign me up yesterday.

I'd never consider moving to that stroke, but that's largely because it looks like the toll on the back would be rough in the long run.

If it works for her, it works for her. I'm not going to contest a major winner on whether they should putt the way they do, no more than I'd contest Furyk for his crazy swing.

I read somewhere she made a slight lie angle adjustment before the US Open.

Not that slight, 4.5 degrees flat they said on the telecast.

Also, she is now ranked fourth in putting on tour. Don't think she's changing anything any time soon. If she stays in shape, I don't see it being a real stress on her back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gary Koch mentioned it, but it still looked like the putter was toe-up on several of her putts. Really happy to see her fellow competitors out there to celebrate for her - I didn't know that she was that popular with the other players.

I thought it was validated when I did it for one of my MC videos....

On a real note, I'm glad she has found something that she is successful with. She is in great shape and I doubt she has any back pain from doing this.

I had a friend who tried putting like this on Saturday. It was awful.....he was all hands.

No 3-putts, right? If it works, stick with it. Just seems like it would put some strain on her back.

In the long run, it wont last because her back wont be able to take it. Im happy for her that she finally won a major but you wont see me putting like that any time soon.

In the long run, it wont last because her back wont be able to take it. Im happy for her that she finally won a major but you wont see me putting like that any time soon.

How much strain does it put on the back? I'm pretty sure she will use this til it stops working

She's 24 and in fantastic shape, I don't think its hurting her back as much as some people think. Like Freddie mentioned, she's got 8 top 10s out of 11 starts, 2 wins including the major haha who cares what it looks like

plus the lack of 3 putts takes strain off the back too.

Perhaps she'll stick with this long term, or perhaps it'll eventually fade like Camillo's spiderman routine. There is no arguing that it is working and she's comfortable with it for now. Hell, I'm sure all of us have changed something in our putting game -- club, grip, stance, alignment, etc. When you find something that feels right you stick with it.

It always amazes me that some people care more what others think about them on the golf course?
If your funky swing or crazy putting styles help you play better go for it.

I get some kind of comment almost every round about my belly putter.
Doesn't bother me one bit. I putt better with it so I'm sticking with it for now.
And if you don't like my bright colored clubs and grips, stop staring at them...

I don't think it was validated this week either. She's been draining long putts all season and with regularity. I can recall many LPGA highlights that showed her dropping bombs.

My buddy commented while having lunch before our round yesterday, "That looks horribly ridiculous. I dunno how she does that. Actually, I think I'm turned on right now."

I agree that this change for her was validated prior to this win. She was a mess on the greens. She found something that obviously is working for her.

I am more interested in learning what all the decorative duct tape stuff on her legs was than hearing more about her putting method....anybody know what all that stuff was?

I am more interested in learning what all the decorative duct tape stuff on her legs was than hearing more about her putting method....anybody know what all that stuff was?

it was discussed in the US Open thread. it's K tape. Helps bloodflow to certain areas.

They call is Kinesio Tape. It's used a lot for strains to keep the athlete from overstretching a muscle/tendon. Tennis players use it a lot. Noticed Wie did a lot of squatting down with full knee bends while waiting to putt - so with that kind of flexibility, I was wondering why in the world would she need K-tape. Looks like she has full range of motion of her legs.

They call is Kinesio Tape. It's used a lot for strains to keep the athlete from overstretching a muscle/tendon. Tennis players use it a lot. Noticed Wie did a lot of squatting down with full knee bends while waiting to putt - so with that kind of flexibility, I was wondering why in the world would she need K-tape. Looks like she has full range of motion of her legs.

They mentioned that the tape also provides support for the muscles. Guessing she has had some sore muscles in that left leg and the tape helps with keeping those muscles more stable.

Back