Coming back to golf.

Welcome!

:welcome: glad you found us, you are going to love it here I am positive.

Welcome to THP.

Welcome! Great group of folks here.

Welcome!!

Welcome back to the game.
I am recently getting back into a more passionate pursuit of golf myself.
Physical issues really limited my ability to play or hit balls often as my back didn't like it much, I seriously considered giving it up all together.
My health is more important, kind of like your martial arts.
After some prayer asking God to help me to learn to swing properly, which is "MUCH" better on the old back.
I started lightening up my grip pressure and swinging more around myself, not swaying which was one go my big problems, and letting the club release through impact naturally.
Then I bumped into a guy who had just bought an Orange Whip Swing Tempo Trainer, which is a AWSOME help in this area, and it strengthens your core muscles and improves your flexibility.
I have not had any trouble with my back at, it actually feels better.
My suggestion is to learn the right way to start with and avoid all these problems down the road ... And oh yeah hit the ball better and enjoy the game more while your at it.
The Orange Whip is a very worth while investment.
There is a less expensive option in the SKLZ Gold Flex which is what I got, but the OW is a better balanced product and translates to a natural golf swing IMO.

I don't want to sound like an instruction nut… But along with the tempo trainer, I recently went to some of Martin Chuck's YouTube videos after hearing somebody mentioned his laser irons DVD set or something, that they do along with their tempo trainer.
I watched the one he has on "Impact Essentials" very good… In it he mentions Bobby Clampett's book "Impact Zone" Bobby, or anyone who does not know, is a very well-known golf announcer.
I'll tell you what, I was very impressed and would strongly recommend going this route, after just watching a few of the little tips, I went out and hit a few balls into a net and did some chipping and putting after watching a few different video clips that are available by Martin and Bobby concerning these things....
All I can say is wow what an improvement !!!

Welcome to THP. Glad you are here and welcome back to golf. I too found this awesome community shortly after I returned to golf. It is SO much better with THP.

JM

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us.

I don't want to sound like an instruction nut… But along with the tempo trainer, I recently went to some of Martin Chuck's YouTube videos after hearing somebody mentioned his laser irons DVD set or something, that they do along with their tempo trainer.
I watched the one he has on "Impact Essentials" very good… In it he mentions Bobby Clampett's book "Impact Zone" Bobby, or anyone who does not know, is a very well-known golf announcer.
I'll tell you what, I was very impressed and would strongly recommend going this route, after just watching a few of the little tips, I went out and hit a few balls into a net and did some chipping and putting after watching a few different video clips that are available by Martin and Bobby concerning these things....
All I can say is wow what an improvement !!!

Thanks for all the info! I will check it out for sure.

Hi there and welcome!

I'm new too, for the same reasons as you. I played during 2010 but family and work forced me to stop for a few years. I was toying with the idea of getting back into rugby but I have a catalogue of injuries from that sport (broken ribs, wrist, fingers, toes, nose, leg, ankle and damaged ligaments in my shoulder, knee and ankle plus a few vertebrae out of place!) and have decided to settle on getting good at golf, well attempted to anyway!

Local course is 2 minutes from the house and I'm hitting the practice range hard, seeing some real progress but struggling to replicate on the course. Consistency is my big issue, normally manage a few pars per round and a birdie but littered with 6, 7 & 8's as well.

Looking forward to getting some good info from you guys and pushing forward!

Welcome to THP Steve!

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Back