The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403055236.599581.jpg
Heat fans outside of the arena unaware that there isn't a game 6 tonight

Hahahaha

I wonder where Oden will be taking his talents?

So now the Lebron Watch begins. Will he or won't he leave Miami? What changes with the Heat make. Going to be an interesting off season.

I don't think he leaves, but I do think that at least D-Wade has to decline his ETO and resign for much less than the 40+ mil he is owed over the next 2 seasons. Otherwise, the Heat are basically even more handcuffed than they have been.

If he does leave, just about every team in the NBA will try to make a play for him.

I know its wrong but Im glad Embid is hurt as I think it would have been a colossal mistake for him to go #1.

Wiggins or Parker...hopefully

I think that all 3 of these guys are "can't miss" (or as close as you can get in the NBA). With that said, the league is driven more and more by wing players, so I think that Wiggins/Parker will have a greater impact on the floor. Embiid's talent will not be in question as it is obviously there, so I really hope he can have a successful and healthy career no matter where he goes.

Less than 4 days until draft day!

Really excited for the draft this year. I think you are going to have a handful of teams try to move up to snag Wiggins and/or Parker.

I agree. This is one of the best draft + FA classes I can remember in a long time (that is assuming Lebron opts out).

I thought it was hilarious that Duncan opting out got any coverage at all on TV. He is not leaving the Spurs to go to another team. Dirk is the same way.

Houston has had 2 exciting off-seasons over the last 2 years, so this one will hopefully be no exception. What Morey has done with them since the botched Gasol "basketball reasons" trade is remarkable.

Local news has reported that the Cavs want to trade the number 1 pick to the Jazz for Derrick Favors. Not sure of all the details though. Looks like the Cavs were dead set on Embiid at number 1.

Local news has reported that the Cavs want to trade the number 1 pick to the Jazz for Derrick Favors. Not sure of all the details though. Looks like the Cavs were dead set on Embiid at number 1.

I would be floored if that happened. Floored might be an understatement.

I would be floored if that happened. Floored might be an understatement.

Again, only rumors and I have no personal knowledge. Just reporting what is coming out of the Jazz camp.

Again, only rumors and I have no personal knowledge. Just reporting what is coming out of the Jazz camp.

Oh, I wasnt meaning it like that at all.

I think the Cavs want Wiggins or Parker bad, but will definitely make a move if someone blows their socks off with a trade offer.

Oh, I wasnt meaning it like that at all.

I think the Cavs want Wiggins or Parker bad, but will definitely make a move if someone blows their socks off with a trade offer.

The article stated that the Cavs want a power forward or center and Embiid was their choice.

Hmm they have Thompson at pf. ..I'm just glad embiid is hurt no way he goes 1 now

The article stated that the Cavs want a power forward or center and Embiid was their choice.

I think the Cavs are going to go Wiggins. Just a hunch.

I think CLE stays at 1. Favors won't be enough to swap picks and Utah does not have much more to offer except for maybe Enes Kanter and Burke. Also, I'm not sure who CLE would take at 5. The "big 3" and Exum will likely be picks 1-4. I don't see Cleveland picking a Julius Randle or Noah Vonleh type, but the NBA is a BPA league as much as anyone. Regardless, the action around draft time is exciting.

Just read a mock that had Exum going 2 leaving Orlando to take Vonleh at 4. Guess I'll get an idea of what him and Oladipo would've looked like at IU if that happens.

Jazz still trying for #1

@1280Spence clarified that Favors and #5 are on the table. Alec Burks, #23 and/or an unprotected first-rounder are potential sweeteners.

Hoo boy.

Hoo boy.

Oh so another 3 hour special on ESPN.. The Decision II

please no

Back