So, no comments on Wie's putting style

guess injury didn't affect her celebration with the trophy (see handstands and twerking thread in the forum).......or maybe it's a good endorsement for how well K-tape leads to recovery.

Her stance works for her, obviously, so I'm sure she doesn't care what people think about it. I say that if it works, go for it.

As for the kinesio tape ... I could never get that stuff to stick. A combination of sweat and hair (mostly the hair) always kept it from sticking properly to my legs as I was rehabbing my Achilles. The PT suggested that I shave my legs, I suggested she find another way to help me rehab.

guess injury didn't affect her celebration with the trophy (see handstands and twerking thread in the forum).......or maybe it's a good endorsement for how well K-tape leads to recovery.
she's not injured tho........

Her stance works for her, obviously, so I'm sure she doesn't care what people think about it. I say that if it works, go for it.

As for the kinesio tape ... I could never get that stuff to stick. A combination of sweat and hair (mostly the hair) always kept it from sticking properly to my legs as I was rehabbing my Achilles. The PT suggested that I shave my legs, I suggested she find another way to help me rehab.

that has me cracking up

oh cmon you don't have to shave, just wax instead hahaha!!!!

It works for Michelle because the way she has it rigged is producing essentially the same effect as anchoring. Her elbows are nearly locked to her sides eliminating all elbow movement and wrist break, forcing her to turn with her shoulders. Critical to this successful set up is the fact that her eye-line isn't past the ball and this only happens because her putter is bent way flat and is cut to the length that puts it out there just to the right distance. If we were to try it (assuming we could bend over that much) with our traditional putters, we'd find that they were all the wrong length and toe up to the extreme.

Last edited:
oh cmon you don't have to shave, just wax instead hahaha!!!!
True story ... when I was in college, the Physiology Department asked the Cross Country team if our Top 5 would partake in a diet and performance study. We were put on two different diets (high fat vs high carbs) and once a week we were to come in and "run until exhaustion"*. They had us hooked up to an ECG machine for the duration of the run, and they stopped us to take blood every 15 minutes (which is another story in and of itself, but suffice to say by the time the study was done I looked like a heroin junkie). For the ECG, the leads just wouldn't stick on me. The first week they kept them in place by wrapping my body with athletic gauze to the point that I looked like a mummy. They asked me to shave and/or wax my chest to make it easier for them next go round. Since I was getting paid (a small sum, and fed for the duration of the study), I complied and waxed. When that hair started to grow back, I have never been so miserable in my life (except when I had my kidney stone, but for an entirely different reason). The itching was beyond belief.

So ... never again. Anywhere. If I can help it at least.

*Not sure any of us ever ran until the point of exhaustion ... more like the point of insufferable boredom. After ~4 hours on a treadmill with no external stimulation (no music, no television) you basically just say "to hell with it" and claim you're tired.

Thanks for answering my question about the K tape guys...I figured it was something like that, but knowing how the LPGAers tend to decorate themselves to extremes for big events (like the solhiem cup facepainting and such) I thought it may be something like that instead. I scanned the Open thread a bit looking for mention of it but clearly I didn't scan hard enough...hahaha

I agree that she has already had success with her putting style, but a major win really seals it imo, especially one with zero 3 jacks.

I'm not planning on switching my putting either because the Spi method works better for me all around right now. I am interested to see how long she keeps doing this, however, and if other pros do it too,. I doubt any will adopt this style, but I'm sure some will try it when no one is looking. lol

Makes my back hurt watching it. But if it aint broke....

All of whom back hurts when thinking about that sort putting...how many times do you guys putt? :D

Sure it's different from a "normal" putting posture, but an a average golfer swings a heavy club with all the power they find in their body for over 150-200 times (practice swings) during a round, and pick up the ball 18 times below their feet and you think you couldn't bend over for a few dozen times without breaking your backs?

I think her style is kind of cool and unique, and it works.

:popcorn:

When I look at her putting my only thought is ... I'd tap that ...

I am positive that will not work for me, nor do I trust my golfing buddies that much to even try it ...

But then I have never won an Open event, or any golf event. I would think at some point she will have to alter it, but until then I wish her all the best with it and hopes she continues to win events!

I am positive that will not work for me, nor do I trust my golfing buddies that much to even try it ...

But then I have never won an Open event, or any golf event. I would think at some point she will have to alter it, but until then I wish her all the best with it and hopes she continues to win events!

What does that stroke do? It wins a MAJOR plain and simple.

You're missing the point bud, the OP was saying she'd validated using the stroke, not saying or implying it was new in any way. But you already knew that right?

Didn't she validate it with the prior wins since switching to the new stroke?

Back