Serola Sacroiliac Belt Review Thread

In the hope of not giving TMI, I bought some boxer briefs to help with the chafing/redness. That is my only issue with this thing.

Yeah, that's what I always wear and I try to put the top of the belt just under the band of the briefs to ensure there is no direct skin contact.

I also think I could've gone with the small. The medium is plenty big and I see a tad bit of fabric bubbling/bunching when tightening the adjustable traps.

So the boxer briefs make wearing this at night a lot better. Wearing it over gym shorts didn't work, but I wore the boxer briefs last night and I was able to wake up pain-free.

Still wowing about this product.

Hey testers, don't forget to leave your thoughts on the product website. I left mine, but it said it would take up to five days to get approved. There hasn't been a review posted in almost two years.

A couple of days short of two weeks testing this belt, and I can say with confidence that it does all it promises to do. Maybe more.

I was hoping it would help my back issues, but honestly didn't think it would. After putting it on the very first time, I knew I was wrong. It was a wow moment, and the relief was immediate. In the beginning, I thought tighter was better, and while being real tight for a while is OK, over a period of time, it gets uncomfortable. Although, with the new boxer briefs, that may change. I do think that following the instructional video to the letter is the way to go. Tighten the main belt as tight as you can, and get the two other belts just snug enough.

My first thought was how this would help with my golf game. After putting it on the first time, I immediately took a few practice swings. With no pain, I was able to make a bigger turn than I have in the last 25 years or so. I was definitely impressed from the start. I am still working on the new swing, because while my distance is improved, by direction has suffered. I am drawing and even hooking some shots which is not normal for me. But working on getting it straighter and it's getting closer. I promised Tadashi so swing video with and without the belt but haven't had the opportunity to get that done yet. I will still do that, but life has been quite busy lately.

I tried to wear it at night while sleeping, but the first few times I tried, I couldn't make it through the night before removing it. So I had resigned myself to waking up hurting, but knowing that when I got out of the shower, I could put it on and be OK again.

After a week or so, I started getting tired of the chafing/redness and a couple days ago bought some boxer briefs to see if that would help. Two days of wearing those has me converted. No chafing or redness, and I was able to sleep while wearing it last night. I am going to continue to wear this as close to 24/7 as I can. I mentioned earlier they could have called it the Vicodin Belt, because that is the only thing that really worked all the time to relieve the pain. I still have the same opinion.

One other thing I was thinking about was how ripe this would get, especially if you golfed in it and sweated around it. I've washed it a few times, and it takes a long time to dry. So I finally got a second belt so that wouldn't be an issue anymore. Well, the second belt came in yesterday, and it seems that problem is now solved.

The website suggests that wearing this belt can help permanently get rid of the pain. I hope that is the case, but until/if that happens, this product will continue to be a part of my daily routine.

You all are doing a fantastic job with the reviews and updates. It sound like the belt is working well for everyone, is comfortable and does not overly restrict ones ability to go about daily life.

Keep it up everyone!

Decided to try and wear this out for a short test run. I only ran a mile but it wasn't the most comfortable experience for me. My hips felt really impeded and it seemed to affect the raising of my legs also and was just generally uncomfortable. It did feel good to have it on post-run and keep everything together. It did mitigate post-run fatigue which was nice. I plan on continuing to find physical activities where I can use the belt without impediment.

Just placed an order - very excited to try this thing out!

Previous Update

Sleeping
I have continued to wear this belt while I sleep and my mornings are awesome. No pain like I was in before, maybe a little bit of soreness but definite improvements. I will continue to sleep in the belt.

Golfing

Played 18 holes of golf on Saturday with the belt.

Pros
Fit under my golf clothes great, and no one noticed it underneath.
No chafing or uncomfortable rubbing, which I was a little concerned about.
No pain or discomfort in my typical areas.
No issues going to the bathroom.

Cons
Was extra sweaty, definitely more so than I normally am due to the belt, which is expected, however it was perfect weather, temps were in the 70s and there was no humidity (I am a little concerned about this as we get further into summer).
For about three holes in the middle of the round a felt a strange tightness/pressure that I've never felt before in the center of my back right above my butt. Not sure if it was the belt or what, didn't hinder my golf game, but it was something extra I was thinking about.
I know this isn't a magic cure or anything, but I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't seeing some great improvements (in terms of flexibility or range of motion) like some of the other testers, but everyone is different so I understand it.

Misc
I'm also going to PT and my therapist said that the belt should be okay to wear, just don't wear it 24/7 take some time off with it. But since I've been wearing the belt, it has coincided with my hips being in alignment as well. I'm thinking it's a combination of the belt at night and the exercises that I've been doing as well.

I'm also planning on wearing the belt for my OC Invitational rounds this weekend.

Just out if curiosity. They stated that it will help to heal the SI joint over time. Do you think that over time the belt won't be needed at all, or at least not as frequently?

How great would it be that a $40 belt not only alleviates back pain but eventually heals it altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about healing permanently, but I can definitely see only needing to use the belt periodically. As I stated in an earlier post, I notice a lingering effect of no tightness or pain in my lower back for a while after I take off the belt.

Additional follow-up:

Sciatica

• The belt still eventually aggravates my sciatica to some extent but I have found that by wearing a bit looser and adjusting more often, it is minimal. However, after the initial relief on my sciatic nerve when I remove the belt, I have noticed an increase in pain related to the sciatic nerve over the last week. Can't attribute it to the belt for certain as general muscle tightness in my legs and back can cause it to flare up. I also have a bad ankle on that side that will require additional surgery that radiates pain up that leg.

Pros

• Completely (or nearly completely) relieves tightness and pain in my lower back. I notice a domino effect with a small reduction of tightness and pain in my mid to upper back (just below and between shoulder blades).

• Fits under my work and golf clothes without a noticeable outline. I can't visually tell it is there and barely notice it unless I put my hand on it.

• I do not experience any chafing/rubbing from the belt.
  • Feels supportive without being restricting.

Cons

• Pressure on the sciatic nerve from the belt can still aggravate my sciatica and cause undue pain in my buttocks, hip and leg.

• I have had some trouble with it bunching up and needing to be adjusted after a full day at work. This is probably made worse with my not wearing the belt as tightly as I would like due to the sciatica.

• While I notice a significant decrease in tightness and soreness, I haven't noticed a proportional increase in flexibility or range of motion.
  • I am unable to wear all day. I need breaks from it.
  • It holds heat. It feels as if the temperature where the belt is worn is significantly increased over time.

Misc.

• I will begin sleeping in the belt this week after some thorough stretching. I have not attempted due to fear of waking up in pain due to sciatic issues.

• I am reluctant to try while golfing again due to fear of a sciatic flare up. However, my back often loosens up during a round on a normal day. It is shortly after the round (especially if I sit for a bit) that my back tightens up so perhaps putting on right after a round is the answer.

thanks to all your reviews. I just ordered mine.

I think my fellow testers are doing a great job on this. As one of them mentioned, it's both easy and hard to review this because it works so well. You can say that it works great, but it's hard to say much more because that is the goal of the product!

All I know is I feel many years younger because I am not in constant pain. What more can you ask of a product?

I think my fellow testers are doing a great job on this. As one of them mentioned, it's both easy and hard to review this because it works so well. You can say that it works great, but it's hard to say much more because that is the goal of the product!

All I know is I feel many years younger because I am not in constant pain. What more can you ask of a product?

Delivery tomorrow :) this will come in handy for the Iowa gathering this weekend!

From The HTC One Blue!

Ordered the elbow brace tonight.

I had that in the cart but went with just the belt. Looking forward to your thoughts on that.

I had that in the cart but went with just the belt. Looking forward to your thoughts on that.

I think my left arm is just going to fall off if I don't do something. Feedback here definitely helped me make up my mind to try it.

I think my left arm is just going to fall off if I don't do something. Feedback here definitely helped me make up my mind to try it.

I know that feeling all to well.

I tend to have a lot of back pain in my thoracic region and this belt has helped because alot of that pain for me is hip related that just snowballs its way up my back. My helping my sacral region it is has helped all the way up.

Thanks for the info on your hips; the belt is interesting for me because my wife suffers from major hip issues that usually end up as back pain as well. Her MRIs always turn out fine, but she wakes up in pain every day and is good friends with her chiropractor by this point. I'm wondering if this belt might help alleviate some of her pain.

Nice! Really curious to hear if it works as well as the back belt has for us testers.

And I'm excited for those that ordered the back belt to hear your feedback. I'm going on 2 weeks now and beginning to take "pain free" for granted. This is something I would have spent who knows how much money on a month ago and the apparent "fix" for me was a sub $40 belt.

Hard to emphasize how much someone would pay to be virtually pain free.....but I can tell you that it's a hell of a lot more than $40.

Thanks for the info on your hips; the belt is interesting for me because my wife suffers from major hip issues that usually end up as back pain as well. Her MRIs always turn out fine, but she wakes up in pain every day and is good friends with her chiropractor by this point. I'm wondering if this belt might help alleviate some of her pain.
I am firm believer that a lot of our problems begin between the chest and knees. For the price it can't hurt to take a flyer. I plan on buying the thoratrac adter my vacation to alleviate pain in my upper back. I also may buy the sacrotrac when it is available again.

Nice! Really curious to hear if it works as well as the back belt has for us testers.

And I'm excited for those that ordered the back belt to hear your feedback. I'm going on 2 weeks now and beginning to take "pain free" for granted. This is something I would have spent who knows how much money on a month ago and the apparent "fix" for me was a sub $40 belt.

Hard to emphasize how much someone would pay to be virtually pain free.....but I can tell you that it's a hell of a lot more than $40.

It sure the hell is. Not having to take Tylenol before playing is so nice.

Had to go by a friend's house today to pick up some insurance paperwork. I brought over the extra belt so he could try it out, and it didn't do anything for him.

So at least he knows not to bother spending any money on it.

The cool thing is that you know immediately if it works for you or not. It's not something that takes time to start working.

While I threw up all over myself on the range yesterday, my back was pain free and continues to be throughout this entire process...I hate being a broken record, but as Cookie said, this belt has been working for me, and working well.

Got mine in the mail today and just put it on. I think the hard part will be figuring out how tight to have the 2nd set of straps.

From The HTC One Blue!

Really cool to see this helping you guys. That is pretty darn impressive. Lots of great info in here.

Back