What is Your Favorite Tour Event?

The Masters. Just love seeing that course in all its glory.

I like the Masters the most followed by the British Open. The Masters is great for me because it is played on the same course each year so the conditions and weather play a big part on how the scores are. Sometimes it is tough to break par, other times many players are under par. The British is great since you can watch golf early in the morning, but also since it is played on courses and in conditions that we don't normally get to see here in the states.

The Masters is at the top of my list; it is soooo beautiful. One of my buddies and I always talk about how much we would be willing to pay to play there...it gets pretty high. Unfortunately I can't afford it and even if I could could the restrictions are far greater than money.

A close number two are the Presidents and Ryder Cups.

The Masters. I get just as hyped about it as I do for March Madness.

The Masters. I get just as hyped about it as I do for March Madness.

And at least KU doesn't play in the Masters!

Mine is the U.S. Open. Always nice to see those guys shooting occasional 80s and struggling to shoot par!

I would probably have to say the Masters for the history, atmosphere and mystique...I guess it also adds a certain charm because its highly unlikely I will ever see the event in person. The US Open a close 2nd just because its fun to watch the best players in the world struggle.

The AT&T Invitational will be cool this year because it local for me and I may be a volunteer at the event.

Probably the Arnold Palmer Invitational because I was there live.

Major is definatley the Masters because it's right near my birthday.

Since the question only asks for one tournament, that tournament would be the U.S. Open.

I like the "open" concept in that anyone who has the game to qualify can play in it. I know that 99% of those who actually get that far are either pro's or expert amateurs, but the open / qualifying format appeals to the Walter Mitty in everyone and I think that's great.

I also like the rotation of venues and the difficult conditions (except when they get ridiculous like Shinnecock in '04) and especially the fact that most U.S. Open venues are set up well enough that no single part of one's game is emphasized but rather all aspects of ballstriking and shotmaking are tested.

-JP

Gonna have to say "The Open" and at St. Andrews being the best. It is the home of golf, anyone (and I mean anyone) can try to qualify and play in it.

U.S. bank championship in milwaukee at brown deer gc! its the same week as the open so no "studs" are there but it is still great to watch. the players seem so more personable than normal because none of them really have a huge ego! still plenty good players in the field though, two years ago i followed the group of steve marino/nate green and last year i followed my favorite golfer Parker McLachlin! :)

U.S. bank championship in milwaukee at brown deer gc! its the same week as the open so no "studs" are there but it is still great to watch. the players seem so more personable than normal because none of them really have a huge ego! still plenty good players in the field though, two years ago i followed the group of steve marino/nate green and last year i followed my favorite golfer Parker McLachlin! :)

Parkers a great guy, he golfed at my course and is just an all around nice person.

The Transitions

1. cause I have been to this event the last few years
2. I get to walk the Copperhead course barefoot after the event!
3.I worked there as a lawn tech as a 16y

Back