Squints

Reaction score
Handicap
Turrible
Ladies and Gentlemen:

I will be heading down to MB over the 4th, and have been tasked with deciding between the Grande Dunes Resort Course and the Barefoot Love III course. Thoughts on either of them, recommendations? I know that True Blue and Caledonia are the highly recommended courses here, but I've been told I need to keep it close to where we're staying and both of these are within 15 minutes. I'd also consider the Fazio course, I suppose. Not really interested in the Dye course, played one of the Kohler courses earlier this year and Pete Dye ate my lunch.

Thanks for your help!

Mine only played the Love course of hrs two. But you obviously can't go wrong with either one.

I believe the PGA National Championship is going on at Grande Dunes this week. So it should be in great shape.

I played Grande Dunes last fall. If you are staying in the Barefoot area, that will be close to you. It was in really good shape and a good track. Where in Myrtle are you staying?

I played the Love course last year and really enjoyed it. Have not played Grand Dunes.

Both are exceptional courses but as much as I love the Love course, Grand Dunes is just a monster and has a great practice area with 2 nice short game areas. Have fun you won't go wrong with either.

Both are exceptional courses but as much as I love the Love course, Grand Dunes is just a monster and has a great practice area with 2 nice short game areas. Have fun you won't go wrong with either.

I went there straight after flying down. Had like 2 hours to kill and spent most of it there.

I've played both, and my preference would be the Love course. Both are fine courses, though, so there really isn't a wrong answer. You assumption about the Dye course is correct. Barefoot Dye ate my lunch also. Not a fan.

I played Grande Dunes last fall. If you are staying in the Barefoot area, that will be close to you. It was in really good shape and a good track. Where in Myrtle are you staying?

We'll be staying at the Kingston Plantation so Grande Dunes is basically right across the waterway, Barefoot should be just up the road if I can read a map correctly.

We'll be staying at the Kingston Plantation so Grande Dunes is basically right across the waterway, Barefoot should be just up the road if I can read a map correctly.

I believe Barefoot is pretty far up the highway from Kingston. That's where we stayed and I seem to remember it being almost 30 minutes if I'm not mistaken.

Someone that has been there more recently may have a better idea.

I would give GD some good consideration. Also if you end up looking for a place to play that was good and wasn't expensive, Possom Trot.

Whats the rate at Possom Trot? The plan was to golf one nice and one that was less expensive.

I'm playing all four Barefoot courses in September, if you play that one, would love to hear your feedback.

(Looks like you're playing GD, that's on the list for next year haha)

Barefoot is not very far from Grand dunes, maybe 3 or 4 miles, Possum trot has some teeth too lol, fun track that will test you.

Any thoughts on Arcadian Shores?

It's fun, I think Hyatt or Hilton bought it a few years ago and dumped some money into it and I've always enjoyed it, the pace can be miserable though.

It's fun, I think Hyatt or Hilton bought it a few years ago and dumped some money into it and I've always enjoyed it, the pace can be miserable though.

Thanks.... so the pace at Possom Trot would be faster? You guys have been a great resource, thanks!

Played grande dunes and barefoot fazio. Would replay either without question.

Tappin from the iPhone

Thanks.... so the pace at Possom Trot would be faster? You guys have been a great resource, thanks!

It's a crap shoot really, summer golf in Myrtle is generally pretty good but the pace depends on how busy the beach is. I recently drove up and played Moorland at the Legends which is about 25 to 30 minutes from where you'll be staying and the courses there were in fantastic shape, it's off of 501 right across from the outlets so if you wanted to golf while your significant other wanted to shop it's pretty convenient and the courses are pretty affordable right now. Arcadian is a good track though, across the street from where you're staying and usually in good shape. Possum trot is pretty fun too, a couple holes are brutal lol but always fun.

I believe Barefoot is pretty far up the highway from Kingston. That's where we stayed and I seem to remember it being almost 30 minutes if I'm not mistaken.

Someone that has been there more recently may have a better idea.
It's less than 10 miles, and the length of time it takes to get there will depend entirely on traffic at the time. Go early enough in the day and it'll take you 15-20 minutes and is a straight shot up 17.

I am a fan of Waterway Hills. It's the first course I ever played on, and you can get on there for some good, inexpensive golf. Arcadian Shores was the second, and also was a great course. You should be able to swing some deals while you are there.

I'd agree with this. Barefoot is nice, but Grande Dunes is a little better. Wouldn't be upset with Barefoot, though.

I played Grand Dunes a few years ago. Loved it!

It's less than 10 miles, and the length of time it takes to get there will depend entirely on traffic at the time. Go early enough in the day and it'll take you 15-20 minutes and is a straight shot up 17.

I am a fan of Waterway Hills. It's the first course I ever played on, and you can get on there for some good, inexpensive golf. Arcadian Shores was the second, and also was a great course. You should be able to swing some deals while you are there.

Waterway hills was one of the courses I wanted to play first on my next trip there. Naturally the other "dunes" course if you have access by lodging or whatnot.

Tappin from the iPhone

Arcadian Shores was a round that I would have rather walked in the heat. I sat more time waiting in my cart between shots then actually swinging the club. I played another nice course just up the road from there, but can't recall the name. It will come.

Possum trot and Azalea sands are next to each other, both fun courses money wise but can be slow, really any course can be slow.

I have played both the Love and GD, I prefer GD but like others have posted, both are really nice. If you go up 17 a little further, the Glen courses are really good as well. You have a ton of options within 30 minutes drive from where you are staying.

I want to say it was MBN - West Course.

Back