Southern Iowa Get Together Summer 2014

One forecast I see show 80% chance of thunderstorms and 25mph winds. Another shows just the wind. Sure hoping Mother Nature got the memo on the importance if this weekend. Iowa has been really getting soaked lately.

It's only Tuesday....With their crazy inaccurate forecasts so far.... I don't believe any weather forecast until it's the day of and I"m experiencing it.....

Yea, they can't predict what will happen tonight, let alone this weekend. Had no rain chances yesterday, but it still rained at my house. Stupid Midwest weather.

The forecasts are pretty varied right now.

~Rock

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

They all are a bunch of dart thowers

Bout as accurate. Lol

Ohhh....I like what you did there.....I may have an SLDR to compete with your SLDR this weekend :)

Kinda like me. I throw darts at the pins!

I may have to borrow that. Like to try it out. You'll need to make 12* & reg shaft

Ohhh....I like what you did there.....I may have an SLDR to compete with your SLDR this weekend :)
Whoa what's this about?
(yeah I stalk this thread :D )

Kinda like me. I throw darts at the pins!

I like this kind of positive thinking coming from a teammate!

Whoa what's this about?
(yeah I stalk this thread :D )

You should stalk us in Iowa too, like, by playing.

Ditto on trying if you have one. I looked at some today, they still look good, but so does my driver.

~Rock

You should stalk us in Iowa too, like, by playing. <---- AGREED

Ditto on trying if you have one. I looked at some today, they still look good, but so does my driver. <----Rambler is nice enough to be grabbing one from the PGA Superstore for me to test (he has special perks) so I'm sure he'll let you try as well....Although you may want to confirm that with him....especially if you're not on his team at the time :)

Also Rock....I think you need to check the ball type you have listed here..... I'm not sure it's correct :)

In my
:sunmountain: C130 cart bag:
Driver: :titleist: D3 9.5°
Woods: :taylormade: Burner '07 15° 3 wood
Hybrid: :taylormade: RBZ Stage 2 3 hybrid
Irons: :taylormade: 300 forged (3-PW)
Wedge: :titleist: Vokey 52°, 56°
Putter: :taylormade: Tour Daytona Ghost (TM-110)
Ball: :titleist: ProV1

Randomizer did ok by me on the rounds. I'm eyeing that Sleuth/Rock, Rambler/me as the first shot in the Border Wars! I also get a round with my boy bulldog so I'm a happy camper. Will be good to see Wedge and TexasHacker again too.

You should stalk us in Iowa too, like, by playing. <---- AGREED

Ditto on trying if you have one. I looked at some today, they still look good, but so does my driver. <----Rambler is nice enough to be grabbing one from the PGA Superstore for me to test (he has special perks) so I'm sure he'll let you try as well....Although you may want to confirm that with him....especially if you're not on his team at the time :)

Rambler, as long as it's stiff flex or more, I promise I won't break it.

Also Rock....I think you need to check the ball type you have listed here..... I'm not sure it's correct :)

In my

I had to pause and think, but then I remembered. Don't worry, I found another Noodle Long and Soft the other day, so I think I have two of those in the bag now. I may also have a nice pink ladie's lynx ball somewhere too.

~Rock

I am excited.... I will probably be rocking 36 holes on Saturday on 2.5-3 hours of sleep max

I think we all remember when you nodded off mid sentence last year!

Randomizer did ok by me on the rounds. I'm eyeing that Sleuth/Rock, Rambler/me as the first shot in the Border Wars! I also get a round with my boy bulldog so I'm a happy camper. Will be good to see Wedge and TexasHacker again too.

Extremely loose competition format forthcoming. And yes, I'm liking that match as well. In fact, I'm undefeated when playing competition with sleuth (1-0). I believe it was a best ball format and I don't think we ever actually used one of my scores. Even on good holes, all I could do was tie sleuth's score.

~Rock

Im very excited for this guys.. Very very excited.

Got an open box 2 ball tank from global for a steal and now I need a super stroke 17' belly grip (same thickness at the 3.0 but 17 in. long). LMK if anyone comes across one as I'm sure all of you will be visiting golf stores in anticipation of this outing.

In my

This reminds me, I need to update my sig..goin to that now on laptop

Got an open box 2 ball tank from global for a steal and now I need a super stroke 17' belly grip (same thickness at the 3.0 but 17 in. long). LMK if anyone comes across one as I'm sure all of you will be visiting golf stores in anticipation of this outing.

I visited a golf store but wasn't looking for such things. Totally random, but does anyone know where I can try on the FootJoy DNA shoes in narrow sizes?

manlai, I don't think they do grips on the spot, but the golf course we will be at is a super stroke grip dealer.

~Rock

I visited a golf store but wasn't looking for such things. Totally random, but does anyone know where I can try on the FootJoy DNA shoes in narrow sizes?

manlai, I don't think they do grips on the spot, but the golf course we will be at is a super stroke grip dealer.

~Rock

We could put it on Saturday night and you would have it good to go by Sunday.. Or you could try and swing by Friday when yall get down there

We could put it on Saturday night and you would have it good to go by Sunday.. Or you could try and swing by Friday when yall get down there

This is true. I do my own grips, but I refuse to do putter grips. Nonetheless, I have some of the things you'd need. What I don't have is grip tape, because I'm lazy and buy the tape that is pre-cut strips, and they aren't 17" long. I suppose you could just lay multiple strips, it certainly won't hurt anything. Those more talented than me could probably regrip it without a bench vise.

~Rock

This is true. I do my own grips, but I refuse to do putter grips. Nonetheless, I have some of the things you'd need. What I don't have is grip tape, because I'm lazy and buy the tape that is pre-cut strips, and they aren't 17" long. I suppose you could just lay multiple strips, it certainly won't hurt anything. Those more talented than me could probably regrip it without a bench vise.

~Rock

I can do it without a Vice.. Just need a couple beers, some solvent, tape, and its good to go!

Back