Callaway Apex Irons Review Thread

My experiment with them is over. Going back to the TM 2.0 shovels. These apex with the 680 F 4 are just too light a shaft for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My experiment with them is over. Going back to the TM 2.0 shovels. These apex with the 680 F 4 are just too light a shaft for me.

Why not just change the shaft?

Simple, swap em out! They're too good to be abandoned. Otherwise, you might get a certain Canadan visitor at your door knocking it down for some Apex love.

if u want to move those, you would have several takers (including myself)....

Didn't think of the tape. But, I left the the 2.0 for MP-64 with Project 5.5 and returned to shovels and thought these apex were the ticket for me but guess I am a chopper at heart. Put green iomic grips 4-pw about 3 weeks worth of use on em

Finally hit these the other day at a demo day at the range. I will now be selling my xHot's to get these. They should call these irons butter for how smooth they are

Its only a matter of time Dan.

July 28th.
did yiu get my pm brother?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

did yiu get my pm brother?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Do you need someone to transport this between Jman and you? I could pick it up on my way through T town.

I'm a big fan of the KBS Tour V, just wish I had gone with an x flex rather than stiff.

Soft stepping my CTL's into these was a really really good move for me. May not be internet golfer worthy on the rebar scale, but the results don't lie. Really nice launch that I have looked for for a long time now, granted lessons and dedication to swinging correctly plays a role there, but man I can hit some towering shots into greens now. These irons are just a lot of fun for me.

Soft stepping my CTL's into these was a really really good move for me. May not be internet golfer worthy on the rebar scale, but the results don't lie. Really nice launch that I have looked for for a long time now, granted lessons and dedication to swinging correctly plays a role there, but man I can hit some towering shots into greens now. These irons are just a lot of fun for me.

How much difference are you seeing from the other shafts that were in before? I know the CLT just fits you well.

I'm a big fan of the KBS Tour V, just wish I had gone with an x flex rather than stiff.

Dude, you DEFINITELY put a solid enough cut on the ball to justify X!!! I'm surprised it's even a thought!

I had no idea you soft stepped my friend!! That's a great move.

How much difference are you seeing from the other shafts that were in before? I know the CLT just fits you well.

5 yards, they're actually a bit higher for me than the XP95 R's were believe it or not, not sure if they just fit me better form a load perspective or what, odds are its a lot a spin thing too. Higher but no wind issues, just a hell of a setup for me.

I had no idea you soft stepped my friend!! That's a great move.

Yep, and odds are 95% of people I get to try them wouldn't have any clue about it.

Yep, and odds are 95% of people I get to try them wouldn't have any clue about it.

I would have no clue. Wouldn't if they were hard stepped either.

You should have seen my dad's face when I told him the recoils I have are 125g. He about lost his mind. #Perceptions

You should have seen my dad's face when I told him the recoils I have are 125g. He about lost his mind. #Perceptions

Melting the minds of misconceptions, one person at a time. Hahaha

Melting the minds of misconceptions, one person at a time. Hahaha

I had to reassure him the weight on the Tour V, and honestly I cannot wait to start gaming a shaft in that weight class. It absolutely blows my mind hitting them.

Man, seeing others that stepped (hard/soft) the shafts in their irons makes me want mine even sooner. I ordered 5-pw with Recoil 95 F3 hardstepped. Hopefully they will do the work. Can't wait to see what they're like compared to my 680 F4.

I demo'd a handful of balls with this club, some with the Recoils and some with the steel shafts. Boy, what a solid iron. Feel wasn't as nice as my DPCs and the shape was different from what I'm use to seeing, but dang was I getting some crazy and easy trajectory and distance with an 8i. The steel shaft was solid, but I think I preferred the Recoils.

Got my 8-AW the other day and today picked them up today after getting them re-shafted. Got the Apex's with the SteelFiber i95's. Will be bringing them to the range today for their maiden voyage.

Back