Higher Launch Angle

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I've been working on flattening out my swing for my driver and it has enabled me to start hitting the ball straighter (as opposed to the slice I used to have). That is great news for me, but now my shots are very low to ground. I measured one right at 200 yards yesterday, but much of that was roll. I would be surprised if the ball went over 15ft high.

I play a 10.5° 2007 TM Burner with a regular flex shaft. I have been placing the ball almost even with my left big toe and teeing the ball about 1/2 way above the club.

Aside from an equipment change, do you have any suggestions to increase the height of my drives? Would moving the ball even further forward help? I've also thought about getting a higher tee.

Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Hawk this is hard for me to say. When it come to hitting a driver higher anything you will do or try is taking away from your power and control. The best way to bring up the launch and get what you are looking for out there is to get fit to a driver. I cannot stress this enough. Trying to make a driver fly higher is going to hurt your game in the long run. Sorry to have to tell you that buddy.

• Staff
Thanks Andy. I suspected that was the case. Oh well, I suppose this is a pretty good reason to go shopping sometime soon!

That is one of the fun parts of being a golfer!

Back