Not open for further replies.

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa its got teeth

Ya I am sure there is some tech behind those things, but I don't like them at all. Seem distracting, but maybe not

Not a fan. usually lvoe all thins PING

Ping is like Apple in my opinion. Sometimes late to the party, but inevitably what they bring to the table is supremely good and well thought out. This is a radical departure for them, more so then the racing stripes on the i25.

I have a feeling it's something that brings real value to the table and hopefully we get to learn more about it. While the G25 was a bit tinny, it's one of the top 5 drivers of all time in my opinion. If they can make it better through new technology, holy moly.

First thing I thought..... Eww

I think that driver is ugly with those things on top like that. Not a fan at all.

Ping is like Apple in my opinion. Sometimes late to the party, but inevitably what they bring to the table is supremely good and well thought out. This is a radical departure for them, more so then the racing stripes on the i25.

I have a feeling it's something that brings real value to the table and hopefully we get to learn more about it. While the G25 was a bit tinny, it's one of the top 5 drivers of all time in my opinion. If they can make it better through new technology, holy moly.

I tend to agree with this. Ping is a company that isn't necessarily flashy, but puts out one heck of a product.

According to Wikipedia: When air flows over the wing (an airfoil) of an aircraft, there is a layer of air called the boundary layer between the wing's surface and where the air is undisturbed. Depending on the profile of the wing, the air will often flow smoothly in a thin boundary layer across much of the wing's surface. The boundary layer will be laminar near the leading edge and will become turbulent a certain distance from the leading edge depending on surface roughness and Reynolds Number (speed). However there comes a point, the separation point, in which the boundary layer breaks away from the surface of the wing due to the magnitude of the positive pressure gradient. Beneath the separated layer, bubbles of stagnant air form, creating additional drag because of the lower pressure in the wake behind the separation point.

So my assumption is Ping identified Drag as it relates to airflow around the club head during the swing and these "turbulators" decrease drag which theoretically would increase speed.

No better or worst than a slot int he crown IMO. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully THP getting some time with them down the road.

Unfortunately PING has asked us to remove mention of this until embargo date is reached and has reached out to the stores that leaked the images. We will therefore honor their request and close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back