What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Switched back and forth this weekend with the Project (a) and the Bridgestone B330. Just my opinion but they played very similar to eachother

Finally getting round to this, but spent Saturday with the Bridgestone B330. A great ball and I am going to be spending a lot more time playing this ball.

Tournament round today with the 2014 Wilson FG Tour, my ball of choice for this year. There is nothing I don't like about this ball.

18 with Taylor Made Penta TP - I like this ball, good spin, straight off the tee. Stopped on the greens with very little roll out. I would be interested in knowing what the current equivalent ball is.
Later, 9 with Titleist ProV1x - These usually have too much spin off the driver, but today this ball was great! 4/6 FIR, hit a 310 yd drive, very little side spin today. I may have to pull these out of the closet to re-try.

After playing with the Srixon Z Star for the last 2 years, today I tried some Bridgestone balls. I was fitted online for either an e6 or B330-RX so tried both for 9 holes each.
The e6 is a nice feeling ball, especially off my milled face putter. It flies straight and far. Feels very much like the titleist NXT tour which I love. Where it failed for me was short game control. I could get good spin on my full shots, but under 100 yards I started to struggle a bit.
The B330-RX felt a little harder to me. It still flew straight and far, possibly a little further than the e6. Definitely seemed to fly further than the Z star. It also had more short game control than the e6, although not as much as the Z-Star, which is what I would expect. I'm looking at an extra $15 for a box of B330's over the e6, but to me, it's worth it for the extra control around the greens. As a yellow ball user, I wish the yellow was nearer to the yellow of srixon, but that's a minor point. The B330-RX is gonna be my ball of choice certainly for this year.

Bridgestone Tour B330. I feel like a broken record when talking about this ball, but it's long and straight for me with all the greenside performance I need.

Played the SR2 today. Didn't love how it felt off the driver, but my tee game wasn't on today. Reserving judgment for another round.

Now that I've gotten my game off the tee a bit more to heel, I'm really starting to like the SR2. Feels good; a bit more firm than most other tour balls I've tried lately. Well-struck approach shots just lock onto greens, seemingly regardless of distance. I stuck a 200 yard 4-wood shot that I had expected to roll off the back, and probably would have with most other balls, IMO.

Seems like how much I like a ball depends on how well I get off the tee with it, and so right now I'm rather liking it.

Bridgestone Tour B330. I feel like a broken record when talking about this ball, but it's long and straight for me with all the greenside performance I need.

How does the Tour B330 compare to the B330rx? I was fit several times and I either come up with B330-s or the RX. Unfortunately I like the distance of the RX and the spin of the B330-S. Does the B330 future in between these two, or different characteristics?

I remain in love with the FG Tour, but I tried a Tour Preferred X for the first time today and I can't find anything wrong with it. I hit some astonishingly long shots with it. That's 3 new 2014 balls I've tried and liked this year, including the RZN Platinum. What this tells me is that the Prov1's unquestioned supremacy is over.

How does the Tour B330 compare to the B330rx? I was fit several times and I either come up with B330-s or the RX. Unfortunately I like the distance of the RX and the spin of the B330-S. Does the B330 future in between these two, or different characteristics?

I haven't hit the RX, so unfortunately I can't give a great side-by-side. I could probably get out this week and give it a go. The Tour B330 will be lower spin than the RX, but how it compares around the green, I'm not sure. The B330-S wasn't short by any means, but I definitely noticed the softer feel and a little more bite around the greens.

I've played them both and the RX wasn't noticeably longer than 330. With the greenside action that came with the B330, it wasn't a close contest imo

Finally playing brand new balls again. Titleist Velocity 2014 model. Loved it except for three holes.

Played the Callaway SS today. I had some good looong drives,but was not happy around the greens. .I had played the Wilson Duo. Shorter off the tee, but better around the greens. I think I might step up to a more expensive ball. I love the price point of the Duo and the SS. Any suggestions? My SS is around 93-96.

Playing the ball that has withstood the test of time, the Titleist DT Solo

Tapatalkin it in on my iPhone 4S

Played the Callaway SS today. I had some good looong drives,but was not happy around the greens. .I had played the Wilson Duo. Shorter off the tee, but better around the greens. I think I might step up to a more expensive ball. I love the price point of the Duo and the SS. Any suggestions? My SS is around 93-96.

The Wilson FG Tour and Titleist NXT tour can both be had for about 30 bucks. I like them both.

On another note, I tried the Callaway SR3 today. Not a fan. Clicky and hard to compress.

Played the new Titleist Velocity and again I came away impressed. It is LONG and straight, I compared it side by side with my normal gamer the ProV1X and it was atleast 5 or so yards longer, and in some cases 10+(but in those instances it was hard to tell whether it was due to my strike or not). I didn't notice much difference in full swing spin either into the green, the prov1x spun a few feet more from the pitch mark but that was it. Nothing major. I did notice some difference in green side spin and half wedge approaches but that was it. And even that isn't a big deal to me because I could just adjust the release on it. So if you're a high ball, high spin player like me and play on softer greens like I do I would highly recommend this ball, in fact I'm probably going to game it with the exception of the times I know I'm going to be playing a notoriously hard green where I could use some more spin. But to me the extra distance I got off the tee and them being half the cost makes it worth it to me to put them in the bag.

Used Nike RZN White this morning. Drives were longer and straighter than SR1's I have been using (however I was swinging better this morning) and short game they were sticking to the greens with minimal roll. A lot more muted sound off the driver as well. Having used E6's Callaway Supersofts and SR1's, Im going to carry on with the Nike, not so much for the driver but because they do not roll as much on approach shots. Hit a Wedge in from 65 yards nice high flight and the ball hit the ground rolled 3 feet and stopped, I was seeing this on most of my shots. Putter I was leaving them short to start with but think that was more me than the ball.

Srixon XV today, one ball all day, was nice. Really enjoyed it on the mid-long irons into greens a lot.

ProV1 for 16 holes then proV1x the last couple. Loved them both. Great all around ball

Still between this and the B330 as my full time gamer

It was solid, I really don't have any major complaints. I still prefer the RX myself, but I have no issues playing these whenever I don't think.

More feel around greens?

The RX? Yeah, for me that ball just spins like a monster around the greens, and I really need that as my technique limits my spin. The hydrocore is legit.

The RX? Yeah, for me that ball just spins like a monster around the greens, and I really need that as my technique limits my spin. The hydrocore is legit.

Blasphemy. RX doesn't spin.

Back