Houston Area THP group

@nikkoplease how was your fitting?

pretty cool. was there for 4.5 hrs. i guess all the reading about golf paid off. i have the right heads, just not the correct set up. changing the shafts on driver and 3 wood. putting kbs tours in my irons. i had already bought the tours from kuyaariel here on thp about a month ago, because i knew they'd help my ballflight since i'm pretty mid-low launch, so that's gonna save some mulah. i'm happy that it was only shaft changes and swing weight, not a completely different build all together for anything. i did something semi-right for once.

we tried about 4 to 5 brands for the driver, 3w, and irons.

irons first - warmed up with my 6i. after i was warmed up we took some initial numbers as a baseline. hit a couple off the lie board. bent it .5 flat of standard. standard being 61.5, now it's 61. hit a couple more for that set up. loft wasn't adjusted. after that we started with their gear. i25 head since they only have the latest and greatest and kbs tour shaft since i told him i already had some. hit a couple of those felt pretty good. tried some nippon shafts, tried some kbs tour 90s, kbs tour v, new graphite stuff, none of the numbers were as good as the kbs tours. then in the kbs tour i tried: apex, jpx ez forged, mizuno hb4?, x2hot? oh i hit some epons and miuras just for the sake of saying i hit them. none of the numbers were as good as the i25 kbs tour set up. feel wise the jpx ez forged felt as good as the i25, but the numbers were lower. everything else felt like dookie.

putter- we did putter next cause i was pooped from the irons. had my trusty bettinardi bc1. warmed up a little and talked about my normal miss which is right, then he put some contraption on the putter. hit 7 shots. made 4 in. the other 3 missed right like i said was my normal miss. went to the computer to see the path of my putter. bent to the SAM recommendations, started putting again. i immediately noticed a difference in the roll. it was basically silent. before the adjustments you could hear it bouncing through the turf. sunk all 7 putts after adjustment. putter was pretty close fit for me, so no changes there. left hand low baby.

driver - we kept with the anser head and tried between 4-6 shafts. once we found the optimum shaft fujikuri exs 6.0, we tried different heads: nike covert 2.0, bio cell plus, 913, x2 hot, g25. in terms of feel and forgiveness, only the 913 and the jetspeed felt as pure, but the numbers were not as good as the anser + new shaft set up. we determined that by increasing my clubspeed would be the only way that other drivers and set ups might then beat out the anser. seeing that i'm not pumping iron on the daily i don't see my clubhead speed changing anytime soon.

3 wood - kind of a mystery. i'm not very good with my 3 wood. from the fitting it's apparent that i'm not very good with any 3 wood. one thing we did notice was that the same shaft i was fitted for the driver was the most consistent for the heads we tried. g25, tour exotics, x2hot, big bertha. the big bertha 3 wood gave me the best numbers, but after discussion we were gonna try my current 3w head (razr fit) in the shaft before we try and pick a head since none of the numbers were all that great.

my hybrid was the closest thing to perfect. all we did was changed the weight from d2 to d3 to make me a little more consistent than what it already is. 1.50 smash all day. we were really meant to be.

wedges - nothing really crazy here. pretty much just hit my wedges for a bit and checked the lofts and lies for them. hit them pretty spot on everywhere. the lob wedge was the only one that was bent and it was barely.

the overwhelming theme we kept seeing was that we added weight to everything. i don't have the papers right in front of me, but across the board my numbers went up as the swing weight got heavier . swing weights moved to d5 driver from c9, d3 3w, d3 hybrid, d2 irons. right now i can't remember what the swing weights were for the others, only remember the huge difference in driver. like 3 pts

...the overwhelming theme we kept seeing was that we added weight to everything. i don't have the papers right in front of me, but across the board my numbers went up as the swing weight got heavier . swing weights moved to d5 driver from c9, d3 3w, d3 hybrid, d2 irons. right now i can't remember what the swing weights were for the others, only remember the huge difference in driver. like 3 pts

For me swingweight was less of an issue as overall weight. People on this board put a lot of emphasis on the club head and little on the shafts. However, for most people that get professionally fitted and post their results here it becomes obvious that for many, weight plays a more important role than the actual club head.

The head seems to be were you fine tune your ball flight based on the characteristics you want to see. Especially in woods. I think you see all these light shafts as part of this push for more distance. But accuracy and repeatability is improved in a lot of cases with weight.

This definitely doesn't matter until a player gets some sense of consistency in their swing though.

pretty cool. was there for 4.5 hrs. i guess all the reading about golf paid off. i have the right heads, just not the correct set up. changing the shafts on driver and 3 wood. putting kbs tours in my irons. i had already bought the tours from kuyaariel here on thp about a month ago, because i knew they'd help my ballflight since i'm pretty mid-low launch, so that's gonna save some mulah. i'm happy that it was only shaft changes and swing weight, not a completely different build all together for anything. i did something semi-right for once.

we tried about 4 to 5 brands for the driver, 3w, and irons.

irons first - warmed up with my 6i. after i was warmed up we took some initial numbers as a baseline. hit a couple off the lie board. bent it .5 flat of standard. standard being 61.5, now it's 61. hit a couple more for that set up. loft wasn't adjusted. after that we started with their gear. i25 head since they only have the latest and greatest and kbs tour shaft since i told him i already had some. hit a couple of those felt pretty good. tried some nippon shafts, tried some kbs tour 90s, kbs tour v, new graphite stuff, none of the numbers were as good as the kbs tours. then in the kbs tour i tried: apex, jpx ez forged, mizuno hb4?, x2hot? oh i hit some epons and miuras just for the sake of saying i hit them. none of the numbers were as good as the i25 kbs tour set up. feel wise the jpx ez forged felt as good as the i25, but the numbers were lower. everything else felt like dookie.

putter- we did putter next cause i was pooped from the irons. had my trusty bettinardi bc1. warmed up a little and talked about my normal miss which is right, then he put some contraption on the putter. hit 7 shots. made 4 in. the other 3 missed right like i said was my normal miss. went to the computer to see the path of my putter. bent to the SAM recommendations, started putting again. i immediately noticed a difference in the roll. it was basically silent. before the adjustments you could hear it bouncing through the turf. sunk all 7 putts after adjustment. putter was pretty close fit for me, so no changes there. left hand low baby.

driver - we kept with the anser head and tried between 4-6 shafts. once we found the optimum shaft fujikuri exs 6.0, we tried different heads: nike covert 2.0, bio cell plus, 913, x2 hot, g25. in terms of feel and forgiveness, only the 913 and the jetspeed felt as pure, but the numbers were not as good as the anser + new shaft set up. we determined that by increasing my clubspeed would be the only way that other drivers and set ups might then beat out the anser. seeing that i'm not pumping iron on the daily i don't see my clubhead speed changing anytime soon.

3 wood - kind of a mystery. i'm not very good with my 3 wood. from the fitting it's apparent that i'm not very good with any 3 wood. one thing we did notice was that the same shaft i was fitted for the driver was the most consistent for the heads we tried. g25, tour exotics, x2hot, big bertha. the big bertha 3 wood gave me the best numbers, but after discussion we were gonna try my current 3w head (razr fit) in the shaft before we try and pick a head since none of the numbers were all that great.

my hybrid was the closest thing to perfect. all we did was changed the weight from d2 to d3 to make me a little more consistent than what it already is. 1.50 smash all day. we were really meant to be.

wedges - nothing really crazy here. pretty much just hit my wedges for a bit and checked the lofts and lies for them. hit them pretty spot on everywhere. the lob wedge was the only one that was bent and it was barely.

the overwhelming theme we kept seeing was that we added weight to everything. i don't have the papers right in front of me, but across the board my numbers went up as the swing weight got heavier . swing weights moved to d5 driver from c9, d3 3w, d3 hybrid, d2 irons. right now i can't remember what the swing weights were for the others, only remember the huge difference in driver. like 3 pts
Sounds like Trevor out you through the works. Sounds exhausting!

Hey guys, just joined THP and as a Houstonian, I was told I needed to keep this thread handy/bookmarked.

Hey buddy of mine!

Track man was updating the system when I was there so Trevor might not be able to send my data. I might get to go again for frizzle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just throwing this out there, but Mike, Tim, and I are heading up to Winstar (in Oklahoma) in a few weeks to play with some of the crew from up there. We are planning on carpooling as of right now, so I thought I would throw the Winstar thread up here to see if anyone else wants to join.

Winstar Thread

Just throwing this out there, but Mike, Tim, and I are heading up to Winstar (in Oklahoma) in a few weeks to play with some of the crew from up there. We are planning on carpooling as of right now, so I thought I would throw the Winstar thread up here to see if anyone else wants to join.

Winstar Thread
Would love to see a few more from the Houston area jump in on this. It was such a great time last year. Can't wait to do it again.

July 12 weekend will be in South Padre for family fun, summer vacation so I have to be there, wife will literally kill me.

Did Nate ever make it in?

He did, but it was family vacation & clubs didn't make it so we didn't play.
AH makes sense, might be time for another H-Town outing.

AH makes sense, might be time for another H-Town outing.

I was talking to Tim about that. I want to play this weekend bc I'm gone next weekend on vacation. I just hope the rain stays away. It will have to be a twilight bc we have stuff going on during the day.

Anyone up for Sat/Sun twilight?

I was talking to Tim about that. I want to play this weekend bc I'm gone next weekend on vacation. I just hope the rain stays away. It will have to be a twilight bc we have stuff going on during the day.

Anyone up for Sat/Sun twilight?

if everything dries out and I get out of my walking boot and feel comfortable on my ankle I'll be wanting to play, not sure how well or for how long, just depends on how it heals

Count me out this weekend. My brother is in town until Monday, so I will probably spend the weekend hanging around the family.

I am out this weekend. Going to Austin. I could play Friday morning if it dries out a little

I am in either day Mike....Not sure about most areas but down South we got very little rain so fair....might check with Wildcat or Southwych....there is the Wilderness in Lake Jackson too.

I am in either day Mike....Not sure about most areas but down South we got very little rain so fair....might check with Wildcat or Southwych....there is the Wilderness in Lake Jackson too.

Sounds good. In and around me it's been light compared to other parts of the city. I'll call around and see what they are saying,

I've been good wore my ankle boot for 4 days, walked around the house no worries, put on some shoes went in the backyard grabbed a 4 iron and took few swings on flat lies, uphill, downhill and side hill, ankle is tender like a bruise but I think it's manageable, time to test it today as log as we don't get more rain, already know Cypresswood is running 90 degrees that they didn't get much rain yesterday, so time to push the envelope and get back out on it, Vicodin might be my friend tonight though

I played at sharpstown today. I was surprised it wasn't that wet. It wasn't even cart path only so you guys should be good. Where should I play in Austin tomorrow morning?

I played at sharpstown today. I was surprised it wasn't that wet. It wasn't even cart path only so you guys should be good. Where should I play in Austin tomorrow morning?

What kind of shape is it in?

If any of you Houston guys want a pair of the TM Adicross whatever color & size (not sure on wide), I can get them for a $100/pair.
If there is other things you want just let me know and we can work something out. Will take 2-3 weeks for delivery so just ask for some patience.

Myself and Diabolo have a 1pm tomorrow at Wildcat - Highlands, booked on teeoff.com, shows still room for one more if anyone wants to jump on it and play with us. More the merrier. I just got out of my ankle boot today and he's coming off broken bone in his hand, so should be easy picking for someone.

What kind of shape is it in?

Playing at sharps is great $26 walking. Sand was nice, fairways and greens were decent. Unfilled and unfixed divots everywhere, I just get there early before all the real hackers show up to ensure a 4 hr round. Shot a 94

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Back