THP Live Round thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairway, easy lay up, but didn't factor wind on approach. Short by about 35 feet but recovered nicely with a good lag putt, and a solid finish for par..

34 -2 on the evening from around 3500 yards is fantastic for me!!!! So pleased with how I am striking the ball.

Oh, and wife in with a cool 50 for her first 9 of the year!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Fairway, easy lay up, but didn't factor wind on approach. Short by about 35 feet but recovered nicely with a good lag putt, and a solid finish for par..

34 -2 on the evening from around 3500 yards is fantastic for me!!!! So pleased with how I am striking the ball.

Well done to you both!

Awesome round Dan! And well done for Mrs. Canadan as well!

Nice job Dan! Congrats to the wife as well.

There goes Canadan showing off again... Nice job.

Out for an evening round. Playing the combo teed at 7001yds and 72.8/135. Here we go...

Damn a 50 for her first outing this year? That's killer dude, tell her congrats. I need to work on stuff hahaha

Crazy wind gusts on one left me 193 to the pin on a hole that I usually have 120 or so into. Hacked it around from there for a double. Missed a 12ft birdie try on 2 and missed my approach badly into three and left there with a bogey. +3 after 3

Well done Dannyboy! And tell the wifey congrats as well. 50 the first time out is fantastic.

View of the approach to the par 5 fourth hole. Had 267 in and got up and down for par.

y8u9y3y3.jpg

Another up and down for par on #5 and then I stripe a 5i from 199 to here and make the putt for birdie.

unanu4em.jpg

I have no control over my swing right now. Some good, some horrible. +2 going to #7.

Knocked a wedge to 2' for another birdie on #7. Up and down for par on #8 and drained an 18 footer for par on #9. 37 (+1) on the front. What a scrappy font nine. I'll definitely take it.

Committed a cardinal sin on #10 by missing the green left and I watched my ball shoot deep into the ravine. Penalty results in a double.

Made another long par putt on #11 and went fairway, green, 2 putt for par on 12.

Got myself in some trouble on the edge of a cliff on 13 but recovered to save par there too. Putter is on fire. +3 thru 13.

Committed a cardinal sin on #10 by missing the green left and I watched my ball shoot deep into the ravine. Penalty results in a double.

Made another long par putt on #11 and went fairway, green, 2 putt for par on 12.

Got myself in some trouble on the edge of a cliff on 13 but recovered to save par there too. Putter is on fire. +3 thru 13.
Keep fighting and play smart! As my captain says "aim small, miss small!"

Back to back pars on 14 & 15. Lipped out a 40 footer for bird on 14 and hit the green on 15 for only the second time. +3 thru 15.

And I finish poorly. After missing a 15 footer for bird on 16, I go for the green in 2 on #17 from 185 and put my ball in the creek. Hacked it in from there for a double bogey. Quit on my approach on 18 and left it in a collection area on the right. Just missed the up and down for a bogey. Hit a second ball just for fun and knocked it to 2 feet. Should have done that the first time lol. Finished out with a 78 (+6)

And I finish poorly. After missing a 15 footer for bird on 16, I go for the green in 2 on #17 from 185 and put my ball in the creek. Hacked it in from there for a double bogey. Quit on my approach on 18 and left it in a collection area on the right. Just missed the up and down for a bogey. Hit a second ball just for fun and knocked it to 2 feet. Should have done that the first time lol. Finished out with a 78 (+6)
Still a solid round. Well fought!

Thanks man. There were a lot of positives today to take away. Putted great, 6/9 updowns, and outside of the three doubles, I played at even par for 15 holes. I'm happy with it, for sure

Nice 9 partner!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Playing in a 2 man invitational this morning and tomorrow. Having a shootout and putting contest this afternoon as well so smartsquare and I gonna do work! Tee time at 8:30, I'll try to keep this thread updated as we go!

Playing in a 2 man invitational this morning and tomorrow. Having a shootout and putting contest this afternoon as well so smartsquare and I gonna do work! Tee time at 8:30, I'll try to keep this thread updated as we go!

Good luck buddy! Drop some bombs!

1 under thru 2. Just stuck it to 4' for bird chance

And missed it. Suck

Bogie then birdie. Back to 1 under thru 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back