Wilson Staff Ci11 Irons

That was the second great miss you had all day. These may or may not be in the bag come spring.

Well finally ordered the clubs. Got em for $230. They come in Monday, can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well finally ordered the clubs. Got em for $230. They come in Monday, can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome man. I bet you really enjoy them. Be sure to post in here and let us know your thoughts.

I can get the chrome verson of these off TGW for $250 - $25 discount voucher right now.

MAAAAN am I tempted. I seem to remember the stock shafts launching a bit high for my liking the last time I swung them, but my swing has flattened somewhat since then so they may actually work out. And besides, for that price I can change the shafts out if needed and still be way ahead.

I bought a set of Ci11's a few days ago. I played one round and really like them. I am currently having them regripped with Golf Pride CP2 wraps. Given the cheap price I paid these might end up being some of the best money I have ever spent on golf gear. The only thing that concerns me a bit is the weight of the club heads. They are real heavy. I need to get used to them. The stock grips were a little harsh hence the change. Can't wait to get them back on the course with new grips. By the way I got the chrome version, not the black.

Last edited:
I can get the chrome verson of these off TGW for $250 - $25 discount voucher right now.

MAAAAN am I tempted. I seem to remember the stock shafts launching a bit high for my liking the last time I swung them, but my swing has flattened somewhat since then so they may actually work out. And besides, for that price I can change the shafts out if needed and still be way ahead.

Do it. I love the irons, but I will admit that the finish is not quite as durable as I'd hoped. If I could have got these in chrome, I would have.
Although the black DOES look pretty snazzy until you check the soles...

Go for it!! Crazy good sticks for cheap.

I bought a set of Ci11's a few days ago. I played one round and really like them. I am currently having them regripped with Golf Pride CP2 wraps. Given the cheap price I paid these might end up being some of the best money I have ever spent on golf gear. The only thing that concerns me a bit is the weight of the club heads. They are real heavy. I need to get used to them. The stock grips were a little harsh hence the change. Can't wait to get them back on the course with new grips. By the way I got the chrome version, not the black.

Thanks for the post... and welcome to THP!

I purchased these over a year ago and initially played very well with them. I agree regarding the heavier weight of the clubhead. I should have played around with more shafts but was too stubborn as I was fitted to the stock stiff shaft. My swing changed to accommodate the clubs and my scores showed it. I blame my swing, not the clubs. The Ci11's are solid. I loved the long irons but never truly felt comfortable with the short irons (this could be due to the longer shafts that come with this set).

Great looking irons but the finish did not hold up as well as I hoped. The soles are the only real problem area as the rest of the clubhead still looks great.

Congratulations on your purchase and IMO these are as good an iron as you can buy for the money! Hope they improve your game!

Well I still haven't bought a set of these, but here I am in here pondering them again haha. Haven't been hitting my longer irons (esp. 5 iron) well at all, so more forgiving irons have been on the brain and these came to mind immediately. Debating between these, Adams CB3's, XHP's, or maybe 712 AP1's. Can anybody compare these to any of those 3 sets? I've hit XHP's and CB3's recently, but it's been quite a while since I hit these, and when I did it was only a 7 iron, and it was in regular flex (I'd go stiff). I will say these are by far the best deal at under $250 new, whereas I'm looking at probably that or a bit more for the others used.

I've also been tempted by these clubs. I decided to buy the Di11s, in case I need the extra forgiveness, as I'm just getting back to playing regularly after a years-long layoff. But if the wider soles don't cooperate with my swing, I might go ahead and buy the Ci11s, too. The price is incredible for the quality.

I still have my Ci11's as a backup set. Love my current set of Titleist AP1's but do regret not trying different shafts in the Ci11's before changing. Still believe Wilson's irons give you more for your money than anything else out there. Simply solid equipment.

I still play with my ci11 irons, I do have some new heads to build up but the ci11s will never be to far from the bag. Great irons and would be even better with better shafts.

My Ci11s are and will be my gamers up until the MC. A pretty large amount of forgiveness in a pretty sleek package...and I'm so happy I put KBS Tour 90s in them, even when the stock shafts are pretty decent. Black finish will wear, of course, but I actually like that look.

I really like my Ci11's even though I'm building another set of irons to my spec

Can you play Ci11s if you're a decent but not great iron player? Are they GI enough without being SGI? I'd like to hit the Ci along with the C100, but I can't find the C100s anywhere.

IMO you don't have to be a pro ball striker to play them they do offer decent forgiveness if can make decent contact

I see they are on a few sites at $259.00 for 4-PW. However that is in chrome. Has anyone seen that price for the set in black. I love that finish.

You should be able to find a set for the same price in black check golfsmith or Edwin watts

I see they are on a few sites at $259.00 for 4-PW. However that is in chrome. Has anyone seen that price for the set in black. I love that finish.

That finish is so nice. I haven't seen them at that price though. I haven't searched a lot but they seem to be more in the 400 range.

Those are the last two places I saw them for a good deal on but I'm sure their are others

TGW has the chrome ones for 249.99, I've been hard pondering them myself

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Ugh. Sign me up for those as well.

I'm pondering the same thing. After I finish up a trip for work, I'm going to the range to have a shootout with the Di11s and Ci11s.

Back