Driver shaft help

Seabass1

Reaction score
Handicap
?
I'm looking for a low launch/ low spin shaft for my 910 d3.
I feel like I am losing distance. It doesn't balloon but gets up seemingly too high.
I currently have a motore speeder that needs to be cut down a bit and I thought I could explore other options as well. The shaft I have now is supposed to be low launch/low spin but it doesn't bore like I would think it should.
What suggestions do you have going forward? I don't mind buying a used shaft as long as it's in good condition. And not a made-for shaft that's been pulled for re-sale.

Thanks!

What shaft do you have now?

Miyazaki Black

Black Tie

Which Speeder do you have right now? There is a huge difference between a 6.0 and a 7.2 for instance, not to mention the Tour Specs.

I agree with JB, the Miyazaki Kusala Black is my favorite Low/Low shaft.

My favorite low/low shaft is the Matrix Black Tie 6m3/7m3

But if you already have a shaft that is suppose to be low/low and you might have a swing issue to correct before changing shafts

It is VC 7.2 tour spec. I bought it online and am a bit skeptical about whether or not it is a made-for. I don't know enough to know the difference. (Didn't know there was a distinction when I bought this one.)

I've never had difficulty getting the ball in the air. Irons included. I hit the ball a long way but feel that a lower trajectory would help with control.

The head is the 8.5 d3. I have it set to the lowest loft. And my contact is consistently higher on the face which should reduce spin, right?

Once I have this one cut down, I plan to go find out some numbers for launch and spin.

That's a pretty stout shaft already. All I can think to say is to go up in flex, up in weight, and move to a different head. There are many heads out there that put much less spin on the ball. I25, J40, and SLDR to name a few.

How much of the tip section can be cut before one risks having the shaft not go all the way into the ferrule/adapter?
I tried sliding the ferrule on and it comes up short of where it will need to be when th shaft is all the way into the adapter.

How much of the tip section can be cut before one risks having the shaft not go all the way into the ferrule/adapter?
I tried sliding the ferrule on and it comes up short of where it will need to be when th shaft is all the way into the adapter.

Try a bigger ferrule to get it up farther on the shaft

How much are you trying to take off the tip of the shaft?

Been looking a lot into the UST Attas line and the MK/earth seems to get a ton of love when it comes to low/low shafts. Fairly reasonable in price now too if you look a bit.

Diamana D series is one that comes to mind. The black tie might be one if the top ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back