Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

You test the Amp cell or bio cell? Thought you mentioned bio cell in another thread.

Yes, Bio Cell.

Sorry Cookie I was meant to posted this in the Bio Cell thread, doh!

So, I've just dropped a 6Q3 Red Tie out of the Bio Cell+ in my 5/7 wood Amp Cell. So much better than the Fuel...

I hit this club side by side with a mashie 3w tonight. Set the loft to 16 and for the first time in a while I was seeing some really good success out of it. It has me questioning my desire for something else. Plus my 3 wood is Orange, Rickie would approve.

Last edited:
Hi. I am high HC player, just started out 1.5 yrs ago and play every other month or so, wish to ply more, but with 2 your kids it is hard to sell the idea of me playing to my wife. I have the amp cell blue driver and hit it 2x on the range with maybe 50 balls sessions and I like it. I love the way they look and I love the FWs as well. Want to get a matching 5-7 FW to match as they go on ebay for $60 now used in like new cond, I am a lefty and can't test it anywhere as no one has them in lefty where i am at. I bought K15 3 and 5 wood and G20 3 wood all in reg stock shafts and so far K15 5 wood is great just not a fan of what it looks like. How amp cell would compare to G20 and K15 in terms of forgiveness across the face and how is the flight and how is it off the turf? My misses are off the toe or thin. So I like the face of the amp cell as it is deeper than Ping and pretty large and still the head size is nice and big for my confidence. Ping is shallow face and if I miss hit and hit through turn before the ball sometimes I pop the ball so deeper face would be better maybe for me but the bottom line is that I still need to work on my swing obviously. Thanks.

Hi. I am high HC player, just started out 1.5 yrs ago and play every other month or so, wish to ply more, but with 2 your kids it is hard to sell the idea of me playing to my wife. I have the amp cell blue driver and hit it 2x on the range with maybe 50 balls sessions and I like it. I love the way they look and I love the FWs as well. Want to get a matching 5-7 FW to match as they go on ebay for $60 now used in like new cond, I am a lefty and can't test it anywhere as no one has them in lefty where i am at. I bought K15 3 and 5 wood and G20 3 wood all in reg stock shafts and so far K15 5 wood is great just not a fan of what it looks like. How amp cell would compare to G20 and K15 in terms of forgiveness across the face and how is the flight and how is it off the turf? My misses are off the toe or thin. So I like the face of the amp cell as it is deeper than Ping and pretty large and still the head size is nice and big for my confidence. Ping is shallow face and if I miss hit and hit through turn before the ball sometimes I pop the ball so deeper face would be better maybe for me but the bottom line is that I still need to work on my swing obviously. Thanks.

Id say more forgiving than the G20, about as forgiving, maybe slightly less than the K15. Flight is very good and very solid off the turf. I loved both the driver and the FWs in this lineup.

After reshafting these with XCaliber hybrid shafts, I have fallen in love with them all over again! As a nice bonus, the red shafts with the red heads look amazing.

Tapa tapa tapa

Thinking of a MC setup this year, I have been giving some serious thought to carrying a 7 wood, which I haven't done for a long time. So last night for my little practice round, I decided to loft this thing up to 20, and then carry a normal lofted 3 wood. Towards the end of my round I caught up to a HS kid playing a tee up from the back, so I moved up and played with him. Gave me perfect opportunity's to utilize this club. I hit the 7 wood off of 3 tee's yesterday and twice from the fairway. The results were all very good. The 2 shots that really stick in my mind are my 2nd on a long par 5 that doglegs left. I drove it down the left side of the fairway, and ideally would need to hit a small draw to get in prefect shape. Pulled this out, and mission accomplished, I was in the middle of the FW 120 yards from the pin. Then on the 9th tee box, which is a tight driving hole with hazard both right and left, I took this off the tee and was right in the middle of the FW. Results just seemed very consistent with this stick last night. Think I'm going to keep it in the bag for the next few rounds and see what develops.

Thinking of a MC setup this year, I have been giving some serious thought to carrying a 7 wood, which I haven't done for a long time. So last night for my little practice round, I decided to loft this thing up to 20, and then carry a normal lofted 3 wood. Towards the end of my round I caught up to a HS kid playing a tee up from the back, so I moved up and played with him. Gave me perfect opportunity's to utilize this club. I hit the 7 wood off of 3 tee's yesterday and twice from the fairway. The results were all very good. The 2 shots that really stick in my mind are my 2nd on a long par 5 that doglegs left. I drove it down the left side of the fairway, and ideally would need to hit a small draw to get in prefect shape. Pulled this out, and mission accomplished, I was in the middle of the FW 120 yards from the pin. Then on the 9th tee box, which is a tight driving hole with hazard both right and left, I took this off the tee and was right in the middle of the FW. Results just seemed very consistent with this stick last night. Think I'm going to keep it in the bag for the next few rounds and see what develops.

I have never tried a 7wood, I am guessing this is on par with a 3 or 4 hybo? If yes, have you tried the amp cell hybos? They are very good IMO.

I have never tried a 7wood, I am guessing this is on par with a 3 or 4 hybo? If yes, have you tried the amp cell hybos? They are very good IMO.

I have 2 of them. I took the 3 hybrid out in favor of this.

I have 2 of them. I took the 3 hybrid out in favor of this.

Hmm, I have never been a fan of the "woods" as I seem to struggle with them. BUT I may have to try this 7 wood. What are you seeing off the tee with it? For comparison sake, I hit my 3hybo about 225 give or take a few yards off the tee and take about 10-15 off that when it's off the deck.

This 3W is awesome. Wasn't swinging the driver well and I pulled out the 3W on the back 9 except for one hole and shot -1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have an orange 3 wood on the way. Can't wait to try it out.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I got my 3W from BogeyWoods and it might just be my favorite club in the bag

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I got my 3W from BogeyWoods and it might just be my favorite club in the bag

What do you have it set too? As in 3, 3+, 4 etc

I have it at 14.5°

I have it at 14.5°

Did you get an amp cell or a bio cell? Because amp cell only has 13°, 14°, 14° Draw, 15°, 15° Draw, 16°

Haha I posted about my Bio Cell in the amp cell thread sorry

I'm going to open this up again. Did anyone like the club more after reshafting? I picked up in a trade and I just didn't care for it much. Which is funny because I LOVE my original amp 4w. It's my go to club. But it just kinda leaves me with a funny gapping. So I was wondering if a new shaft (i have a rip 70 i was gonna throw in it) made any difference.

Yes, I dropped a 6Q3 Red Tie out of the new Bio Cel+ into my AC 5/7 and its now a monster..

Yes, I dropped a 6Q3 Red Tie out of the new Bio Cel+ into my AC 5/7 and its now a monster..
You prefer the Ac over the bio cell?

Not tryed the the Bio FW yet. I picked up the shaft cheap off of ebay..
I got ya. I hit the bio cell and I didn't notice any major difference over the Amp Cell. And I didn't prefer the AC over my original amp. I may pick up a bio fw when I find the under $100.

I got ya. I hit the bio cell and I didn't notice any major difference over the Amp Cell. And I didn't prefer the AC over my original amp. I may pick up a bio fw when I find the under $100.

I found the BiO Cell works much better for me. Especially with the stock set-up.

Bio FW is lower profile than the AC, cobra did it with full intentions of making it easier off the deck by getting the center line lower and closer to that of the golf ball off the deck. Each year their fw's have gotten a little more shallow from the amp to amp cell to bio for this purpose.

Bio FW is lower profile than the AC, cobra did it with full intentions of making it easier off the deck by getting the center line lower and closer to that of the golf ball off the deck. Each year their fw's have gotten a little more shallow from the amp to amp cell to bio for this purpose.
I still find the original the easiest to hit, especially off the deck. Maybe I just found one of the gems though.

Back