How do you hit 200 yards?

I'm just curious how you guys do it.

I can hit less. Easy.

I can hit more. 230+ with a fairway wood but it's hard to be precise.

Yet on Par 4s, I often find myself 200 yards out and it's an awkward but common distance for me. So I'm just curious how you guys hit it--clubs, swing percentage, etc--and if you are accurate in that range.

I don't know too many AMs that are terribly accurate at 200 yards.. If I have that number I'll typically pull 4 iron by default and if i am long, I'm long. This is of course entirely dependent on wind and elevation to the hole. What's funny, is that I'll pull a 5 for 195 just about every time haha

I don't know too many AMs that are terribly accurate at 200 yards.. If I have that number I'll typically pull 4 iron by default and if i am long, I'm long. This is of course entirely dependent on wind and elevation to the hole. What's funny, is that I'll pull a 5 for 195 just about every time haha

That dont make no sense lol. I use a smooth 3H for my 200 yarder. Half the time it works everytime.

Depending on wind and other factors it's usually a smooth 4 iron for me. Uphill or into wind maybe a choked down 18* hybrid for me. I agree with multiple other comments about moving up. If I had 200 into most par 4s I would not enjoy this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4i or 5i depending on contributing factors.

I'm an internet golfer, it's like a 3/4 PW ... if the wind is in my face.

3 or 4 hybrid for me depending on the pin placement and hazards around the green.

200 is a nice easy 5 iron for me.

However, if you are constantly 200 yards out on Par 4's, I'd suggest moving up a tee box or two.

A solid 4 iron will get me the 200 yards and if it's into the wind a bit, then my 20* Adams Pro hybrid is the right stick.

200 out and I'm pulling the 4h.

200 is kind of a tweener distance for me actually, my 4h goes around 190 and my 2h does like 215 or so (carry). So it depends on where the trouble is. Either I'll choke up on a 2h or try to bounce a 4h out to it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

At 200 I'm normally hitting a smooth 22* hybrid. That and my 26* are the most reliable clubs in my bag.

Easy 5i or a hard 6i will give me 200 depending on course conditions and shot shape needed

Usually, If I'm 200 out on a par four I've either hit a pretty poor drive or I'm playing from the wrong tees, unless its a long hole into the wind. That being said depending on where I want to miss it, chances are I will miss it, i'll hit either a 3 or 4 hybrid. Really I'm just looking to get it somewhere around the green and not short side myself. This gives me the best chance to get up and down for par.

If I have 200 yds into every green, I'm moving up a set of tees. Don't kill yourself out there. Have some fun!

But when I do have 200 yds, it's usually a 4 or 5 iron.

4 or 5 iron depending on wind and weather conditions. #3 hybrid in the winter

Hybrid all day everyday. I'm either close or on, if my aim is good.

4 or 5 iron for me.

A skulled PW should get me there.

With rollout, 5 hybrid most times. Without rollout I'll usually 8 iron (155ish) and pitch.

Three hybrid for me to get there and there is minimal trouble around the green, otherwise I would hit 5 iron 25 yards or so short and chip on.

If it's dry out with no wind I'll hit a low 6 iron draw. Should run about 10 yards give me 195ish. If it's wet I'll go 5 iron or an easy cut 4 iron. If it's uphill I'll play a 4 cut.

Of course, wind changes everything.

Some good feedback.

Regarding the "if you're looking at 200 on par 4's change tees"--while it might be true for many it doesn't really apply for me.

By common I don't mean every hole, I mean that I'll face it a few times a round due to Par 5s and long Par 3's and usually less than stellar drive. Driving is still a rough part to my game though it's coming in nicely on it's own and by next year at this time is likely to be a strength.

I also play a lot of mountain courses and 180 up a steep hill isn't uncommon on par 4's. Unlike park courses, mountain courses can be a load of trouble if you over shoot a dogleg or get off the fairway, leading to more cautious tee shots a few times per round.

I'd say it's probably a 3h or 4w depending on the conditions and wind - more on the side of the 3h as of late.

Back