NHL 2014-2015 Season

well to me they replaced Stastny by Briere and Parenteau by Iggy, Iggy is better than Parenteau, but briere is not even close to stastny... I really hope their young guns are improving this year to make up for the loss

I can't see Briere taking the second line centre position, I can see MacKinnon moving back into the middle more than anything and Briere going back to the wing.

well to me they replaced Stastny by Briere and Parenteau by Iggy, Iggy is better than Parenteau, but briere is not even close to stastny... I really hope their young guns are improving this year to make up for the loss

Must be a lot of stock in MacKinnon, Duchene, and Landeskog..... Man, I wish Columbus had options like that when they were picking!!!

Must be a lot of stock in MacKinnon, Duchene, and Landeskog..... Man, I wish Columbus had options like that when they were picking!!!

Not a bad 3 down the middle moving forward.

I can't see Briere taking the second line centre position, I can see MacKinnon moving back into the middle more than anything and Briere going back to the wing.

that would be ideal indeed, but I dont see Brière doing anything good on the wing... maybe as a third center, I think Roy is also playing with 3 offensive lines

these 3 have alot of potential for sure, but only time will tell how good they will be

that would be ideal indeed, but I dont see Brière doing anything good on the wing... maybe as a third center, I think Roy is also playing with 3 offensive lines

these 3 have alot of potential for sure, but only time will tell how good they will be

Didn't he play wing in Philly quite often?

That was my thinking as well.
Not a bad set to pull from!

Caps making moves on the blue line and both of them were Penguins Yeah I like that..... Don't know much about the keeper from Carolina but really should just be a back up to Holtby at this point.

Caps making moves on the blue line and both of them were Penguins Yeah I like that..... Don't know much about the keeper from Carolina but really should just be a back up to Holtby at this point.

I dont really know whats to like about those contracts. They are AWFUL.

I dont really know whats to like about those contracts. They are AWFUL.
If we make the playoffs then they will be totally worth it IMO.

That hat must have gone to your head. You are delusional.
Haha you wish wait till we win the Metro Division this season...... BAM

If we make the playoffs then they will be totally worth it IMO.

Niskanen could be worth it.... if last year was not a fluke, but you guys, will regret having Orpik at that price I garantee it.

don't worry tho, even if they make the playoffs, they'll choke

Niskanen could be worth it.... if last year was not a fluke, but you guys, will regret having Orpik at that price I garantee it.

don't worry tho, even if they make the playoffs, they'll choke
Isn't Orpik solid? Honestly don't know much about him unless we are playing the stupid Pens. Is he hurt often? Can't be worse than Green dude is not a Defenseman he is a glorified FW.

don't worry tho, even if they make the playoffs, they'll Jesse on 18

FIFY and Orpik is a traffic cone. Basically John Erskine but for alot more money.

Isn't Orpik solid? Honestly don't know much about him unless we are playing the stupid Pens. Is he hurt often? Can't be worse than Green dude is not a Defenseman he is a glorified FW.

they are complete opposites, and might actually play well together, Orpik can't skate but he is ok in defense, and he is mean and nasty. Be prepared to have him missing for suspensions for 10-15 games a year.

FIFY and Orpik is a traffic cone. Basically John Erskine but for alot more money.
Ugh well let's hope that a change of scenery will help him. Erskine is pretty bad and can't stay healthy

This is a pretty typical reaction. They want him to prove himself over the course of a couple seasons rather than ONE breakout season, especially after watching him sit games out playing for their AHL affiliate not a year prior. It's an incredibly awkward situation to be in, but in the end he needs to come to terms that one season of great play isn't going to net him a rick nash level contract in Columbus, especially after what that douchenozzle did to the team.

He'll figure it out. The fact that he says repeatedly that he wants to be a Jacket is a great thing.

Agreed........it's the rest of the league that could cause a problem for the Jackets. Only takes 1 GM to slobber a huge offer sheet to him and the jackets have to pony up to keep him................

they are complete opposites, and might actually play well together, Orpik can't skate but he is ok in defense, and he is mean and nasty. Be prepared to have him missing for suspensions for 10-15 games a year.
As a Pens fan that has watched Orpik from the minors all the way through his career with the Pens, I dont know where you get the suspension comment. Orpik has been suspended exactly once in his career if I remember correctly. That was for his hit on Erik Cole, which was a bad hit. Orpik hit's often and he hits hard. He is not, and has not ever been, a fighter. Orpik is a similar player to Nik Kronwall. The Penguins will miss him...he's been a staple on the Penguin blue line for many years. I think the biggest thing they will miss is his leadership in the locker room. This is my best memory of Orpik: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XpBXdefDulU

As a Pens fan that has watched Orpik from the minors all the way through his career with the Pens, I dont know where you get the suspension comment. Orpik has been suspended exactly once in his career if I remember correctly. That was for his hit on Erik Cole, which was a bad hit. Orpik hit's often and he hits hard. He is not, and has not ever been, a fighter. Orpik is a similar player to Nik Kronwall. The Penguins will miss him...he's been a staple on the Penguin blue line for many years. I think the biggest thing they will miss is his leadership in the locker room. This is my best memory of Orpik: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XpBXdefDulU

You may be right, I base my opinion of Orpik only from the dozen or so games I have seen from him and may have only remembered a few hits and the fact that I found him too slow.

I can't stand kronwall. Crazy reckless in his hits despite constantly falling on the 'clean' side of the league criteria on otherwise dirty hits to vulnerable players.

I'd say Orpik falls into a similar category, however I'd gladly buy him a steak dinner before kronwall. One of those guys you hate to play against, but favour when he's a part of your org I guess.

I can't stand kronwall. Crazy reckless in his hits despite constantly falling on the 'clean' side of the league criteria on otherwise dirty hits to vulnerable players.

I'd say Orpik falls into a similar category, however I'd gladly buy him a steak dinner before kronwall. One of those guys you hate to play against, but favour when he's a part of your org I guess.

to me, they are both the same, two scumbags I wouldnt want in my team, I would cheer for the bruins if they ever came to Montreal

When I think of dirty players I think of head hunters like Matt Cooke, Dan Carcillo, Steve Downie (who unfortunately is playing for my Pens now). I think Orpik and Kronwall have a bad reputation in part because they hit often and hit hard, yet they dont fight.

When I think of dirty players I think of head hunters like Matt Cooke, Dan Carcillo, Steve Downie (who unfortunately is playing for my Pens now). I think Orpik and Kronwall have a bad reputation in part because they hit often and hit hard, yet they dont fight.

I'd call that being a coward before I'd call it anything else, but that's hardly why I hate them. kronwall being the far more extreme example, who consistently hits on an upwards path, when a player isn't looking, often leaving his feet after contact has been made.

You're welcome to call it what you want or categorize him above Cooke/Carcillo/Downie, but I'd never want Columbus to pay a player of that mindset money, and would most certainly call him into question were I ever in a room with him and was asked my opinion. It's just ugly hockey.

Back